If you would like to learn more about the third person of the Trinity of God, then check out these Holy Spirit quotes!
The Holy Spirit is also known as the Holy Ghost.
He is also God, the third person in the Trinity of God that includes God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
The Holy Spirit is known as the intermediary between God and man.
In art, the Holy Spirit is commonly identified as a dove.
He is powerful and loving, and the Holy Spirit acts as our helper on earth so that God’s presence is always with us.
The Holy Spirit is so loving and powerful that Jesus even mentioned the Holy Spirit when he told people that we would not be alone when Jesus left because the Holy Spirit would be with us.
Take a few minutes to read these Holy Spirit quotes to learn more about the third person in the Trinity of God.
Best Holy Spirit Quotes
Enjoy some of the best quotes about the Holy Spirit.
1. “Only the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of the Lord, can transform us.” — Joseph Prince
2. “The presence of the Holy Spirit is the keystone of all our hopes.” — John Nelson Darby
3. “It is the Holy Spirit’s job to convict, God’s job to judge, and my job to love.” — Billy Graham
4. “Holy Spirit, You are welcome here. Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere.” — Francesca Battistelli
5. “Without the Spirit of God, we can do nothing. We are as ships without wind. We are useless.” — Charles Spurgeon
6. “These gifts are given for delivery, not for accumulation. We receive them to pass them on to others.” — Jack W. Hayford
7. “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because He has anointed me to preach good news to the poor.” — Elizabeth Goerge Speare
8. “Silence is one of the deepest Disciplines of the Spirit simply because it puts the stopper on all self-justification.” — Richard J. Foster
9. “I’m convinced that the man who has learned to meditate upon the Lord will be able to run on his feet and walk in his spirit.” — Charles Stanley
10. “And most of all, remember that He who rose from the dead, rose to pour out His Holy Spirit into human lives, and, by that Spirit, to make available to any individual all the fullness of Himself, twenty-four hours a day.” — Ray C. Stedman
You will also enjoy our article on Trinity quotes.
Powerful Holy Spirit Quotes
The Holy Spirit holds immense power in the lives of everyone in whom He dwells.
11. “You are never left alone when you are alone with God.” — Woodrow Kroll
12. “To pray in the Holy Spirit simply means to lean upon His divine help as we pray.” — William Thrasher
13. “I must ask the Lord to direct the Holy Spirit within me to drain the life out of sin and in prayer.” — J. I. Packer
14. “In my experience, self-hatred is the dominant malaise crippling Christians and stifling their growth in the Holy Spirit.” — Brennan Manning
15. “Every situation we find ourselves in is an opportunity, perfectly planned by the Holy Spirit, to teach love instead of fear.” — Marianne Williamson
16. “Our decision every day must be to live a righteous life—not in our own strength, but by the enablement of the Holy Spirit in us.” — Stormie Omartian
17. “Those in whom the Spirit comes to live are God’s new Temple. They are, individually and corporately, places where heaven and earth meet.” — N.T. Wright
18. “Every time we say we believe in the Holy Spirit, we mean we believe that there is a living God able and willing to enter human personality and change it.” — John Owen
19. “The work of the Spirit is to impart life, to implant hope, to give liberty, to testify of Christ, to guide us into all truth, to teach us all things, to comfort the believer, and to convict the world of sin.” — Dwight L. Moody
20. “Trying to do the Lord’s work in your own strength is the most confusing, exhausting, and tedious of all work. But when you are filled with the Holy Spirit, then the ministry of Jesus just flows out of you.” — Corrie Ten Boom
Holy Spirit Quotes From The Bible
We are told many amazing things about the Holy Spirit in the Bible. (NIV)
21. “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.” — Ezekiel 36:26
22. “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,” — Matthew 28:19
23. “After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.” — Acts 4:31
24. “If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever-” — John 14:15-16
25. “And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.” — Romans 5:5
26. “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” — John 14:26
27. “Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” — Acts 2:38
28. “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.” — Romans 8:26
29. “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” — Acts 1:8
30. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” — Galatians 5:22-23
Inspirational Holy Spirit Quotes
Take a look at these inspirational quotes about the Holy Spirit.
31. “The Holy Spirit is the energy of God’s Presence.” — Sadie Robertson
32. “When it is a question of God’s Almighty Spirit, never say, ‘I can’t.’” — Oswald Chambers
33. “The Holy Spirit’s main ministry is not to give thrills but to create in us Christlike character.” — J. I. Packer
34. “Those who operate through the Holy Spirit are more equipped to resist temptation.” — Monica Johnson
35. “The Spirit-filled life is not a special, deluxe edition of Christianity. It is part and parcel of the total plan of God for His people.” — A. W. Tozer
36. “What we need is not more learning, not more eloquence, not more persuasion, not more organization, but more power from the Holy Spirit.” — John Stott
37. “If something we think, see, hear, or do distances us from the Holy Ghost, then we should stop thinking, seeing, hearing, or doing that thing.” — David A. Bednar
38. “When we pray for the Spirit’s help … we will simply fall down at the Lord’s feet in our weakness. There we will find the victory and power that comes from His love.” — Andrew Murray
39. “I used to tell young preachers, in order to preach, you’ve got to have the power of God on your life. Now I tell them, in order to tie your shoes, you’ve got to have the power of God on your life.” — Paul Washer
40. “And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,” — Ephesians 1:13
More Holy Spirit Quotes
Here are some more of the best quotes about the Holy Spirit
41. “I have a great need for Christ; I have a great Christ for my need.” — Charles Spurgeon
42. “The Spirit of God breathes inspiration, while the carnal mind breeds vanity.” — Fred C. White
43. “Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?” — 1 Corinthians 3:16
44. “Religion can reform a person’s life, but it can never transform him. Only the Holy Spirit can transform!” — A. W. Tozer
45. “Every divine action begins from the Father, proceeds through the Son, and is completed in the Holy Spirit.” — Saint Basil
46. “The Holy Spirit, thank God, often enables people to forgive even though they are not sure how they did it.” — Lewis B. Smedes
47. “Earthly wisdom is doing what comes naturally. Godly wisdom is doing what the Holy Spirit compels us to do.” — Charles Stanley
48. “When you’re reading the Word of God, you need to let it soak in and let God speak to your heart and let the Holy Spirit work.” — Jeremy Camp
49. “It is futile for us to try to serve God without the power of the Holy Spirit. Talent, training, and experience cannot take the place of the power of the Spirit.” — Warren W. Wiersbe
50. “When you strip it of everything else, Pentecost stands for power and life. That’s what came into the church when the Holy Spirit came down on the day of Pentecost.” — David Wilkerson
What Are Some Ways the Holy Spirit Impacts Your Life?
The Holy Spirit impacts our lives in many ways as part of the Trinity here on Earth with us.
He empowers us and gives us spiritual gifts,
He helps us understand and do God’s will and fills us with love and hope.
Please share these Holy Spirit quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about the Holy Spirit in the comment section below.