Robert Mueller is an American lawyer and government official who served as the sixth director of the FBI.
These Robert Mueller quotes about national security, technology, and protection are from his speeches and reports throughout his career.
Robert Mueller was a lawyer practicing in the private sector before he was appointed as the United States Assistant Attorney General in 1990.
He continued to move up in his career and on September 4, 2001, he was officially made FBI Director, one week before the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
He served as FBI Director until 2013.
In 2017, he was requested to provide special counsel during the investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election.
Don’t forget to also check out these Bryan Stevenson quotes on justice and hope.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Robert Mueller quotes about the FBI
1. “It’s because we need to determine who in this country is poised, positioned to commit terrorist acts.” — Robert Mueller
2. “I didn’t know the organization, but the one thing you can say about the FBI, it’s tremendously professional.” — Robert Mueller
3. “They’re – FBI agents are some of the finest people you’ll find anyplace in the country or the world. And I’m lucky to have the opportunity to work with them.” — Robert Mueller
4. “In the United States, it’s the mandate of the FBI to gather information relating to terrorism, go out and collect it, to do the interviews, to do the investigative work.” — Robert Mueller
5. “What we bring to the table is not only our 56 field offices in the United States and our number of resident agencies but also we have 45 legal attaches overseas.” — Robert Mueller
6. “But we had – I think if you look at law enforcement 10 years ago, if you look at the challenges, the FBI was focused excessively on what was happening in the United States.” — Robert Mueller
7. “So without getting into the specifics, I can tell you that to the extent that investigation is a relatively important investigation and meaningful, the president would have been periodically briefed.” — Robert Mueller
8. “I know when I was here prosecuting homicides in the District of Columbia, one of the most effective units here was the cold case squad, which had on it FBI agents, as well as Metropolitan Police Department homicide detectives working together.” — Robert Mueller
Robert Mueller quotes about security and protection
9. “Leaking of classified material is a concern.” — Robert Mueller
10. “In planning an attack, persons have various roles.” — Robert Mueller
11. “In the future, the cyber threat will equal or even eclipse the terrorist threat.” — Robert Mueller
12. “The FBI’s principal priority right now is protecting the United States against another terrorist attack.” — Robert Mueller
13. “In the last 10 years, in narcotics task forces, in a number of violent crime task forces, we’ve worked very closely together with state and local law enforcement.” — Robert Mueller
14. “We had to address information technology in the ways we had not before and give the agents the tools that they need to do their job more efficiently and more expeditiously.” — Robert Mueller
15. “There are only two types of companies: those that have been hacked, and those that will be. Even that is merging into one category: those that have been hacked and will be again.” — Robert Mueller
16. “And from the moment that we realized it was a terrorist attack, there isn’t an agent or a support person in the FBI that wasn’t committed to bringing to justice those who were responsible for this.” — Robert Mueller
17. “And so every one of us in the FBI, I don’t care if it’s a file clerk someplace or an agent there or a computer specialist, understands that our main mission is to protect the public from another September 11, another terrorist attack.” — Robert Mueller
18. “Prior to the passage of the Patriot Act, it was very difficult – often impossible – for us to share information with the Central Intelligence Agency, with NSA, with the other intelligence agencies, and likewise, for them to share information with us.” — Robert Mueller
Robert Mueller quotes in response to 9/11
19. “But since September 11, we have made every effort to try to work closely with state and local law enforcement.” — Robert Mueller
20. “People talk about the Patriot Act that was passed immediately in the wake of September 11. What the Patriot Act did was break down the walls between the various agencies.” — Robert Mueller
21. “I was in my office when – on 9/11. I think I had a number of meetings scheduled. I was just getting to know the bureau. And somebody walked in and said the first plane had – or a plane had struck the World Trade Center, one of the towers.” — Robert Mueller
22. “In the context of September 11, there were so many that lost their lives that – how do you single out one person? There were so many acts of heroism that day from so many people, whether it be firemen and police officers in New York and our agents also.” — Robert Mueller
Robert Mueller quotes from The Mueller Report
23. “President had the authority to terminate Comey without cause.” — Robert Mueller
24. “The Special Counsel’s Office considered a range of classified and unclassified information.” — Robert Mueller
25. “The investigation also identified numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign.” — Robert Mueller
26. “IRA employees also acknowledged that their work focused on influencing the U.S. presidential election.” — Robert Mueller
27. “A statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts.” — Robert Mueller
28. “President tried to use Sessions to restrict and redirect the Special Counsel’s investigation when Sessions was recused and could not properly take any action on it.” — Robert Mueller
29. “Volume II addresses the President’s actions towards the FBI’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election and related matters, and his actions towards the Special Counsel’s investigation.” — Robert Mueller
More Robert Mueller quotes
30. “So there is a foreign intelligence purpose for every one of our FISA warrants.” — Robert Mueller
31. “I think around the world, our agents are the best collectors of information you’ll find.” — Robert Mueller
32. “There’ll be differences of opinion in just about every intelligence analysis that you make.” — Robert Mueller
33. “No one has ever been able to convince me that optimism is not preferable to pessimism.” — Robert Mueller
34. “All I’m going to tell you is investigations, whether it be this and others, where you have partial facts, analysts, agents are always trying to interpret what those facts mean, extrapolate from them what they mean.” — Robert Mueller
35. “We cannot go up on a wire. We cannot do a search without a judge on the FISA Court approving it and determining that we have met the standard that has been set forth by Congress in order to utilize these techniques.” — Robert Mueller
The Robert Mueller Report
In 2017, Robert Mueller gave special counsel during the investigation of Russian interference during the 2016 Trump Campaign.
The Robert Mueller Report was his published findings.
The report confirmed that there was interference from the Russian government that violated United States law, however, there was inconclusive evidence as to whether or not the Trump Campaign was involved.
The report produced 37 indictments, 7 guilty pleas, and 14 criminal matters that were referred to other components of the Department of Justice.
Did you learn anything from these Robert Mueller quotes and sayings?
Which quote did you think was the most interesting?
Let us know in the comment section below.