Like Sir Francis Bacon once said, knowledge is power. The knowledge quotes listed below will inspire you to become a lifetime learner.
What have you learned today?
As I grow older, I have learned that life is all about the pursuit of knowledge. Most of us are unaware of the incredible places, people, and things that are around us all times. There are so many life-changing experiences just waiting to be found out.
Throughout my life, I hope to gain as much knowledge as possible about the world around me, especially within subjects that I care about. If you would like to do the same, these knowledge quotes will give you the inspirational boost you need to learn more.
Check out the intellectual words of some of the world’s brightest minds below.
Don’t forget to also read these learning quotes for more inspiration.
Knowledge quotes about education
1. “Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” – Kofi Annan
2. “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” – Aristotle
3. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
4. “Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.” – Oscar Wilde
5. “Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.” – George Washington Carver
6. “Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten.” – B. F. Skinner
7. “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” – Malcolm Forbes
8. “The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.” – Albert Einstein
9. “To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.” – Theodore Roosevelt
10. “Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.” – Robert Frost
11. “He who opens a school door, closes a prison.” – Victor Hugo
12. “Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.” – Issac Asimov
13. “The foundation of every state is the education of its youth.” – Diogenes
14. “There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
You might also like these motivational literature quotes to share with your favorite bookworm.
Inspirational knowledge quotes
15. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
16. “Human behavior flows from three main sources: desire, emotion, and knowledge.” – Plato
17. “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.” – Confucius
18. “Knowledge of the past and of the places of the earth is the ornament and food of the mind of man.” – Leonardo da Vinci
19. “Without knowledge action is useless and knowledge without action is futile.” – Abu Bakr
20. “There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there.” – Albert Einstein
21. “Knowledge is knowing that we cannot know.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “Knowledge is love and light and vision.” – Helen Keller
23. “Those who have knowledge, don’t predict. Those who predict, don’t have knowledge.” – Lao Tzu
24. “Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know my self, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms.” – Khalil Gibran
25. “Doubt grows with knowledge.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
26. “Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also.” – Carl Jung
27. “All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions.” – Leonardo da Vinci
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of perception quotes about truth and reality.
28. “The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability.” – Henry Ford
29. “Today knowledge has power. It controls access to opportunity and advancement.” – Peter Drucker
30. “The true method of knowledge is experiment.” – William Blake
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of William Blake quotes for the creative soul.
Knowledge quotes about learning
31. “It is always in season for old men to learn.” – Aeschylus
32. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
33. “Learning never exhausts the mind.” – Leonardo da Vinci
34. “Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing.” – Euripides
35. “The minute that you’re not learning I believe you’re dead.” – Jack Nicholson
36. “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.” – Will Rogers
37. “I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.” – Ernest Hemingway
38. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
39. “The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn.” – Gloria Steinem
Also check out these Katherine Johnson quotes from NASA’s human computer.
Knowledge quotes about sharing information
40. “In vain have you acquired knowledge if you have not imparted it to others.” – Deuteronomy Rabbah
41. “Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.” – Dalai Lama
42. “If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.” – Margaret Fuller
43. “Knowledge is like money: to be of value it must circulate, and in circulating it can increase in quantity and, hopefully, in value.” – Louis L’Amour
44. “The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another’s, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises.” – Leo Buscaglia
45. “Knowledge can only be volunteered it cannot be conscripted.” – Dave Snowden
46. “Everybody is smarter than anybody.” – Carl Sandburg
47. “A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.” – Father James Keller
48. “All knowledge is connected to all other knowledge. The fun is in making the connections.” – Arthur C. Aufderheide
49. “Alchemists turned into chemists when they stopped keeping secrets.” – Eric Raymond
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Alchemist quotes that will inspire you to follow your destiny.
50. “In today’s environment, hoarding knowledge ultimately erodes your power. If you know something very important, the way to get power is by actually sharing it.” – Joseph L. Badaracco
More knowledge quotes and sayings
51. “The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
52. “Great minds are always feared by lesser minds.” – Dan Brown
53. “The surest way of concealing from others the boundaries of one’s own knowledge is not to overstep them.” – Giacomo Leopardi
54. “Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it.” – Alan Moore
55. “Learning does not make one learned: there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding. The first requires memory and the second philosophy.” – Alexandre Dumas
56. “The knowledge of all things is possible.” – Alexandre Dumas
57. “Knowledge is a treasure, but practice is the key to it.” – Lao Tzu
58. “The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.” – James Madison
59. “The way of success is the way of continuous pursuit of knowledge.” – Napoleon Hill
60. “Knowledge grows exponentially. The more we know, the greater our ability to learn, and the faster we expand our knowledge base.” – Dan Brown
What do you love learning more about?
If you learn something beneficial, the best thing that you can do is pay it forward. Although we live in an age where information is highly accessible, it can be difficult to figure out which is valuable and which isn’t. When you find a wealth of information, especially on the internet, don’t be afraid to share it.
For example, if you find an informative article from a credible source online, share it with a close friend or relative. That way, you are both benefiting from the content.
Which of these knowledge quotes and sayings is your favorite? Let us know what you’re thinking below!
February 26, 2021 6:00 AM EST