Inspirational Knowledge Quotes for Those Who Love Learning
February 28, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Like Sir Francis Bacon once said, knowledge is power.
The knowledge quotes listed below will inspire you to become a lifetime learner.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Research by the University of Edinburgh shows that people who engage in lifelong learning have better cognitive function and are less likely to experience cognitive decline in old age, emphasizing the value of pursuing knowledge throughout one’s life.
This underscores the importance of committing to ongoing learning to preserve cognitive health and promote a fulfilling and satisfying life.
What have you learned today?
As I grow older, I have learned that life is all about the pursuit of knowledge.
Most of us are unaware of the incredible places, people, and things that are around us all times.
There are so many life-changing experiences just waiting to be found out.
Throughout my life, I hope to gain as much knowledge as possible about the world around me, especially within subjects that I care about.
If you would like to do the same, these knowledge quotes will give you the inspirational boost you need to learn more.
Check out the intellectual words of some of the world’s brightest minds below.
Don’t forget to also read these learning quotes for more inspiration.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about education.
Knowledge quotes about education
The Pew Research Center found that individuals with higher levels of education tend to be more politically engaged, suggesting that education can play a critical role in fostering informed citizenship and active participation in democratic processes.
This highlights the importance of education as a means of preparing individuals to be informed and engaged members of society who can contribute meaningfully to their communities.
1. “Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” – Kofi Annan
You will also enjoy our article on culture quotes.
2. “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” – Aristotle
You will also enjoy our article on Zoolander quotes.
3. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
You will also enjoy our article on common sense quotes.
4. “Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.” – Oscar Wilde
You will also enjoy our article on greek philosopher quotes.
5. “Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.” – George Washington Carver
You will also enjoy our article on wise sayings about life.
6. “Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten.” – B. F. Skinner
You will also enjoy our article on deep quotes.
7. “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” – Malcolm Forbes
You will also enjoy our article on Socrates quotes.
8. “The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.” – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on curiosity quotes.
9. “To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.” – Theodore Roosevelt
You will also enjoy our article on listening quotes.
10. “Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.” – Robert Frost
You will also enjoy our article on ignorance quotes.
11. “He who opens a school door, closes a prison.” – Victor Hugo
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about reading.
12. “Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.” – Issac Asimov
You will also enjoy our article on college quotes.
13. “The foundation of every state is the education of its youth.” – Diogenes
14. “There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
You might also like these motivational literature quotes to share with your favorite bookworm.
Inspirational knowledge quotes
According to a study by the World Economic Forum, the skills and knowledge required for the majority of jobs are changing rapidly, indicating the growing importance of continuous learning to keep up with the demands of the modern workplace.
This underscores the importance of ongoing education and training to remain competitive in a rapidly changing job market.
15. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
16. “Human behavior flows from three main sources: desire, emotion, and knowledge.” – Plato
17. “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.” – Confucius
18. “Knowledge of the past and of the places of the earth is the ornament and food of the mind of man.” – Leonardo da Vinci
19. “Without knowledge action is useless and knowledge without action is futile.” – Abu Bakr
20. “There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there.” – Albert Einstein
21. “Knowledge is knowing that we cannot know.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “Knowledge is love and light and vision.” – Helen Keller
23. “Those who have knowledge, don’t predict. Those who predict, don’t have knowledge.” – Lao Tzu
24. “Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know my self, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms.” – Kahlil Gibran
25. “Doubt grows with knowledge.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
26. “Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also.” – Carl Jung
27. “All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions.” – Leonardo da Vinci
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of perception quotes about truth and reality.
28. “The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability.” – Henry Ford
29. “Today knowledge has power. It controls access to opportunity and advancement.” – Peter Drucker
30. “The true method of knowledge is experiment.” – William Blake
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of William Blake quotes for the creative soul.
Knowledge quotes about learning
31. “It is always in season for old men to learn.” – Aeschylus
32. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
33. “Learning never exhausts the mind.” – Leonardo da Vinci
34. “Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing.” – Euripides
35. “The minute that you’re not learning I believe you’re dead.” – Jack Nicholson
36. “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.” – Will Rogers
37. “I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.” – Ernest Hemingway
38. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
39. “The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn.” – Gloria Steinem
Also, check out these Katherine Johnson quotes from NASA’s human computer.
Knowledge quotes about sharing information
40. “In vain have you acquired knowledge if you have not imparted it to others.” – Deuteronomy Rabbah
41. “Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.” – Dalai Lama
42. “If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.” – Margaret Fuller
43. “Knowledge is like money: to be of value it must circulate, and in circulating it can increase in quantity and, hopefully, in value.” – Louis L’Amour
44. “The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another’s, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises.” – Leo Buscaglia
Don’t forget to also check out these graduation quotes from famous films about success.
45. “Knowledge can only be volunteered it cannot be conscripted.” – Dave Snowden
46. “Everybody is smarter than anybody.” – Carl Sandburg
47. “A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.” – Father James Keller
48. “All knowledge is connected to all other knowledge. The fun is in making the connections.” – Arthur C. Aufderheide
49. “Alchemists turned into chemists when they stopped keeping secrets.” – Eric Raymond
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Alchemist quotes that will inspire you to follow your destiny.
50. “In today’s environment, hoarding knowledge ultimately erodes your power. If you know something very important, the way to get power is by actually sharing it.” – Joseph L. Badaracco
More knowledge quotes and sayings
51. “The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
52. “Great minds are always feared by lesser minds.” – Dan Brown
53. “The surest way of concealing from others the boundaries of one’s own knowledge is not to overstep them.” – Giacomo Leopardi
54. “Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it.” – Alan Moore
55. “Learning does not make one learned: there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding. The first requires memory and the second philosophy.” – Alexandre Dumas
56. “The knowledge of all things is possible.” – Alexandre Dumas
57. “Knowledge is a treasure, but practice is the key to it.” – Lao Tzu
58. “The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.” – James Madison
59. “The way of success is the way of continuous pursuit of knowledge.” – Napoleon Hill
60. “Knowledge grows exponentially. The more we know, the greater our ability to learn, and the faster we expand our knowledge base.” – Dan Brown
Don’t forget to also check out these history quotes that will open your eyes to stories of the past.
More knowledge quotes to enrich your mind
61. “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” ― Socrates
62. “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” ― Albert Einstein
63. “I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.” ― Maya Angelou
64. “Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours.” ― John Locke
65. “I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think” ― Socrates
66. “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
67. “For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You’d be surprised how far that gets you.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
68. “The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.” ― Anais Nin
69. “Knowledge is power. Power to do evil…or power to do good. Power itself is not evil. So knowledge itself is not evil.” ― Veronica Roth
70. “The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.” ― Robertson Davies
Knowledge Quotes To Make You Want To Keep Learning
71. “Knowledge without transformation is not wisdom.” ― Paulo Coelho
72. “Your graduation means you have the knowledge, now experience will be gained by putting your knowledge into practice.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
73. “Diversification is a hedge against a lack of knowledge.” ― Naval Ravikant
74. “Ideas are knowledge. When we share knowledge in the written or verbal form, amazing things can happen.” ― Jim Rohn
75. “Knowledge is like underwear. It is useful to have it, but not necessary to show it off.” ― Nicky Gumbel
76. “It’s not knowledge that will transform you, it’s understanding.” ― Maxime Lagacé
77. “I’m grateful for the teachers that I have, that they have the knowledge to teach and that they are willing to teach me.” ― Ingo Michehl
78. “As my knowledge of things grew I felt more and more the delight of the world I was in.” ― Helen Keller
79. “Knowledge has a beginning but no end.” ― Geeta S. Iyengar
80. “Older people have one unique source of knowledge that the rest of us do not: they have lived their lives.” ― Karl Pillemer
Check out our collection of lifelong learning quotes if you enjoy this article.
Knowledge Quotes To Give You Wisdom
81. “Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.” ― George Bernard Shaw
82. “To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.” ― Marilyn vos Savant
83. “Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful.” ― Samuel Johnson
84. “Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.” ― Anton Chekhov
85. “He is wise who knows the sources of knowledge – where it is written and where it is to be found.” ― Archibald Alexander Hodge
86. “A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.” ― Carlos Castaneda
87. “Giving a poor person money keeps them poorer longer…often forever; give them knowledge instead.” ― Robert Kiyosaki
88. “The aim of education is the knowledge, not of facts, but of values.” ― William Ralph Inge
89. “All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason.” ― Immanuel Kant
90. “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.” ― Albert Einstein
Knowledge Quotes on Power and Pursuit of Knowledge
91. “Knowledge is not simply another commodity. On the contrary. Knowledge is never used up. It increases by diffusion and grows by dispersion.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
92. “The only source of knowledge is experience.” ― Albert Einstein
93. “Every mind was made for growth, for knowledge, and its nature is sinned against when it is doomed to ignorance.” ― William Ellery Channing
94. “Life can give everything to whoever tries to understand and is willing to receive new knowledge.” ― Pramoedya Ananta Toer
95. “Knowledge without devotion will be like a misfire.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
96. “Knowledge is the best eraser in the world for disharmony, distrust, despair, and the endless physical deficiencies of man.” ― Orlando Aloysius Battista
97. “Knowledge always desires increase, it is like fire, which must first be kindled by some external agent, but which will afterwards propagate itself.” ― Samuel Johnson
98. “The desire of knowledge, like the thirst of riches, increases ever with the acquisition of it.” ― Laurence Sterne
99. “It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” ― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
100. “A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.” ― Thomas Carlyle
Knowledge Quotes on the Pursuit of Wisdom
101. “Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.” ― Jacob Bronowski
102. “You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can’t practice to attain wisdom.” ― Herbie Hancock
103. “All parts of knowledge have their origin in metaphysics, and finally, perhaps, revolve into it.” ― Thomas de Quincey
104. “Knowledge is in the end based on acknowledgement.” ― Ludwig Wittgenstein
105. “Knowledge is our ultimate good.” ― Socrates
106. “Knowledge is, indeed, that which, next to virtue, truly and essentially raises one man above another.” ― Joseph Addison
107. “Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority.” ― Thomas Huxley
108. “Our knowledge can only be finite, while our ignorance must necessarily be infinite.” ― Karl Popper
109. “Pocket all your knowledge with your watch, and never pull it out in company unless desired.” ― Lord Chesterfield
110. “The only fence against the world is a thorough knowledge of it.” ― John Locke
What do you love learning more about?
If you learn something beneficial, the best thing that you can do is pay it forward.
Although we live in an age where information is highly accessible, it can be difficult to figure out which is valuable and which isn’t.
When you find a wealth of information, especially on the internet, don’t be afraid to share it.
For example, if you find an informative article from a credible source online, share it with a close friend or relative.
That way, you are both benefiting from the content.
Which of these knowledge quotes and sayings is your favorite?
Let us know what you’re thinking below!
Richard patrick russell
December 23, 2022 at 4:48 PM
The comment, at the conclusion, of sharing any wealth of information you find is the wisest observation. That ranks you with the greatest.