Robin Sharma Quotes
Enjoy our latest collection of Robin Sharma quotes on Everyday Power.
Who is Robin Sharma?
If you don’t know who Robin Sharma is, then I am honored to introduce you to him.
Robin is one of my favorite authors, speakers, and personal development thought leaders.
He is known for his words of wisdom in regard to leadership, life, and success!
His book, “The Saint, The Surfer and The CEO” was both powerful and beautiful and I give it the strongest of recommendations.
I am excited to have his quotes here on Everyday Power Blog.
Hopefully, you find as much value in them as I do!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Robin Sharma Quotes About Maximizing Your Time and Potential
1. “All change is hard at first, messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end.” – Robin Sharma
Everyday Application: We don’t change for the sake of change, we change to grow. No growth happens without change. Stick with it.
2. “Ordinary people love entertainment. Extraordinary people adore education.”– Robin Sharma
Everyday Application: Don’t let the distractions of the masses allow you to forget what you’re capable of and what you’re here for. Enjoy the fact that while others are watching ‘reality’ TV you are mastering your craft!
3. “Your daily behavior reveals your deepest beliefs.”– Robin Sharma
Everyday Application: We can say all the right things about what we think is important, but once we start to document our daily behaviors – the list will speak for itself. Be intentional all the time. Live on purpose.
4. “To double your income, triple your investment in self-development.”– Robin Sharma
Everyday Application: There are many ways you invest in your self-development. Learn a new skill or increase your education. You can also read books about people who achieved what you hope to. Work on improving your mental health and strength of character and the pay off will be huge!
5. “Your excuses are nothing more than the lies your fears have sold you.”– Robin Sharma
Everyday Application: What an empowering way to look at your excuses…as lies! Stop lying to yourself and look your fears and doubts in the eye. Start telling yourself a new truth!
6. “What this game’s really about is using each day as a platform to express your greatness.”– Robin Sharma
Everyday Application: Brick by brick, day by day, start living your legacy. Be grateful for the opportunity you get to do so each day. Make sure that you use your time and platform wisely!
7. “An addiction to distraction is the end of your creative production.” – Robin Sharma
Everyday Application: I threw out my TV 3 years ago, I suggest you do the same. Distractions can be nice for a break, but if you tend to get lost in them, they are not helping you achieve your goals.
8. “The smallest of actions is always better than the noblest of intentions.” – Robin Sharma
10. “Give out what you most want to come back.” – Robin S. Sharma
Everyday Application: The Law of Attraction is a book by Esther and Jerry Hicks, and it talks a lot about putting out into the universe what you want to get back. They also talk about what manifesting your destiny is. Essentially, it is a philosophy which suggests that positive thoughts bring positive results into a person’s life, while negative thoughts bring negative outcomes.
More Robin Sharma Quotes
11. “The more messes you allow into your life, the more messes will become a normal (and acceptable) part of your life.”– Robin Sharma
Everyday Application: Raise your standards about what you allow into your life and learn to say no. You may hurt some peoples feelings in the beginning, but they will respect you in the long run.
12. “We are all here for some special reason. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future.” – Robin S. Sharma
Everyday Application: Your past is important because it helped shape who you are. However, it does not dictate what you will become and it should not be a prison. Being the architect of your future means figuring out what gives your life meaning, commit to living the life you want, and make plans for what you need to do. You also have to be able to evaluate where you are in relation to where you want to be and review feedback.
13. “Worry drains the mind of its power and, sooner or later, it injures the soul.” – Robin S. Sharma
Everyday Application: Worrying doesn’t just rob your mind of its power, it also has negative effects on your body. Excessive worrying can lead to high blood pressure, a heart attack, or even a stroke. The extra cortisol in your system can lead to other physical symptoms like stomach problems, headaches, and insomnia. Check out this article for tips on how to stop worrying.
14. “They may be smarter than you. They may have more money than you. They may come from a different city or a better family. But they can NEVER outwork you. And they can NEVER out prepare you. And they just can’t out practice you. And that’s why you’ll win.” – Robin Sharma
Everyday Application: Make it your mission to work as hard as you possibly can towards your goals. Be as prepared as humanly possible for problems (they are inevitable) and do your best to know whatever it is you need to know. Keep improving through practice. You will win. It may take a little longer than you want sometimes, but you will get there.
15. “Success on the outside means nothing unless you also have success within.” – Robin S. Sharma
Everyday Application: What does it mean to have success on the inside? It means that you have built a strong foundation based on your mindset and belief in yourself. Being successful on the inside means that you are aware that the only limits that exist are the ones you set for yourself. You do not self-sabotage, but rather use self-awareness to leverage your strengths. If you are successful within, then you can define what external success looks like to you.
16. “For your life to be great, your faith must be bigger than your fear.” – Robin S. Sharma
17. “The doorway to success swings outward not inward.” – Robin S. Sharma
18. “So take the time to think. Discover your real reason for being here and then have the courage to act on it.” – Robin S. Sharma
19. “The only way to improve tomorrow is to know what you did wrong today.” – Robin S. Sharma
The most important lessons we can learn from these Robin Sharma quotes
Robin Sharma teaches us many things through his books and motivational speeches.
Here are some of the most valuable lessons that were addressed in these Robin Sharma quotes.
First, society is not always right.
Sometimes, frankly most of the time, if you want to accomplish something special, you will have to go against the grain.
Sure, leadership is about being yourself and inspiring others to follow you.
However, more importantly, life itself is about being an authentic version of you!
Second, focus on your self-integrity and character.
It is important to be the best version of yourself possible, but also try and be the best person you know.
This isn’t about bragging.
It is about emulating the behavior of those really good people you encounter and trying to be even better!
Share that love with the world.
Finally, work on yourself constantly.
Yes, striving to be the best person you know is part of that.
However, you can also practice things like gratitude and positive affirmations.
Learn new skills, hone your existing skills, and read a lot! Growth and development is an everyday process.
What is your favorite Robin Sharma quote?
Let us know in the comment section below!
June 29, 2022 5:00 AM EST