These investment quotes help to answer the question, “why should I invest my money.”
There are many quotes from Warren Buffett and other financial power players like Suze Orman.
Investing is important because it enables you to be independent and not rely on others for a source of income in the event of financial hardship.
It provides you with a way to have enough money to pay for your needs and wants for the rest of your life.
There are many ways to invest your money, and apps like Robinhood have made it easier for everyday people to trade stock.
This also means you do not need a large sum of money to start building your profile.
While investing is serious business, there is also a lighter side as you will see in these funny investment quotes.
Keep reading to learn more about the basics of investing and how you can get started today.
Don’t forget to also check out these money quotes celebrating financial literacy and independence.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Funny investment quotes about money and finance
1. “The safest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it in your pocket.” — Kin Hubbard
2. “Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.” — Woody Allen
3. “The secret to investing is to figure out the value of something and then pay a lot less.” — Joel Greenblatt
4. “Money is like a sixth sense – and you can’t make use of the other five without it.” — William Somerset Maugham
5. “An investor without investment objectives is like a traveler without a destination.” — Ralph Seger
6. “Money is like manure. You have to spread it around or it smells.” — J. Paul Getty
7. “The four most dangerous words in investing are, it’s different this time.” — Sir John Templeton
8. “Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.” — Paul Samuelson
9. “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.” — Robert G. Allen
10. “Money is the opposite of the weather. Nobody talks about it, but everybody does something about it.” — Rebecca Johnson
You might also like these stock market quotes to inspire you to invest.
Investment quotes from Warren Buffett
11. “Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.” — Warren Buffett
12. “Rule No. 1 is never lose money. Rule No. 2 is never forget Rule No. 1.” — Warren Buffett
13. “Price is what you pay, value is what you get.” — Warren Buffett
14. “The most important quality for an investor is temperament, not intellect.” — Warren Buffett
15. “Never invest in a business you cannot understand.” — Warren Buffett
16. “The most important investment you can make is in yourself.” — Warren Buffett
17. “Our favorite holding period is forever.” — Warren Buffett
18. “Never depend on a single income. Make an investment to create a second source.” — Warren Buffett
19. “I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years.” — Warren Buffet
20. “If you aren’t willing to own a stock for 10 years, don’t even think about owning it for 10 minutes.” — Warren Buffett
Short investment quotes that are perfect for Instagram
21. “My investment advice is rooted in my understanding of economics.” — Peter Schiff
22. “In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable.” — Robert Arnott
23. “The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator.” — Ben Graham
24. “When you invest, you are buying a day that you don’t have to work.” — Aya Laraya
25. “Investing puts money to work. The only reason to save money is to invest it.” — Grant Cardone
26. “Wise spending is part of wise investing. And it’s never too late to start.” — Rhonda Katz
27. “Anyone who is not investing now is missing a tremendous opportunity.” — Carlos Slim
28. “Never invest emergency savings in the stock market.” — Suze Orman
29. “Invest for the long haul. Don’t get too greedy and don’t get too scared.” — Shelby M.C. Davis
30. “The investor’s chief problem — even his worst enemy — is likely to be himself.” — Benjamin Graham
Investment quotes about what investing is and other knowledge
31. “Without investment there will not be growth, and without growth there will not be employment.” — Muhtar Kent
32. “Bottoms in the investment world don’t end with four-year lows; they end with 10- or 15-year lows.” — Jim Rogers
33. “Courage taught me no matter how bad a crisis gets … any sound investment will eventually pay off.” — Carlos Slim Helu
34. “Accepting losses is the most important single investment device to insure safety of capital.” — Gerald M. Loeb
35. “All intelligent investing is value investing. Acquiring more that you are paying for. You must value the business in order to value the stock.” — Charlie Munger
36. “All you need for a lifetime of successful investing is a few big winners, and the pluses from those will overwhelm the minuses from the stocks that don’t work out.” — Peter Lynch
37. “A lot of people with high IQs are terrible investors because they’ve got terrible temperaments. You need to keep raw, irrational emotion under control.” — Charlie Munger
38. “In my view, the biggest investment risk is not the volatility of prices, but whether you will suffer a permanent loss of capital. Not only is the mere drop in stock prices not risk, but it is an opportunity.” — Li Lu
39. “Every portfolio benefits from bonds; they provide a cushion when the stock market hits a rough patch. But avoiding stocks completely could mean your investment won’t grow any faster than the rate of inflation.” — Suze Orman
40. “The wisest rule in investment is: when others are selling, buy. When others are buying, sell. Usually, of course, we do the opposite. When everyone else is buying, we assume they know something we don’t, so we buy.” — Jonathan Sacks
Investment quotes about things other than money
41. “Goodness is the only investment that never fails.” — Henry David Thoreau
42. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” — Benjamin Franklin
43. “View health as an investment, not an expense.” — John Quelch
44. “Education is the investment our generation makes in the future.” — Mitt Romney
45. “A transition to clean energy is about making an investment in our future.” — Gloria Reuben
46. “Education is not only a ladder of opportunity, but it is also an investment in our future.” — Ed Markey
47. “Our wisest long-term investment is not in the dirty polluting fossil fuels from the past, but in the clean energy of the future.” — London Breed
48. “The most valuable investment we can make is in our children’s education. When we make education a priority, we give our children opportunity.” — Martin O’Malley
49. “Money is not the only thing we invest. We must also be good investors of our time, energy, focus, & love. Our current life is a reflection of the wisdom of our past investments.” — Steve Burns
50. “I take a massage each week. This isn’t an indulgence, it’s an investment in your full creative expression/productivity/passion and sustained good health.” — Robin S. Sharma
Investment Quotes To Give You Business Ideas
51. “I think of my business and investments as extension of my family.” — Barbara Corcoran
52. “A great investment opportunity occurs when a marvelous business encounters a one-time huge, but solvable problem.” — Warren Buffett
53. “Leave no stone unturned to help your clients realize maximum profits from their investment.” — Arthur Nielsen
54. “If I do not do sensible things about investments I shall spend my old age in a workhouse, where nobody will understand my jokes.” — Rebecca West
55. “Great investors need to have the right combination of intuition, business sense and investment talent.” — Andrew Lo
56. “I hope that my investment into Atomico will become my best financial investment to date.” — Niklas Zennstrom
57. “Savings will not make you rich. Only canny investments do that. The role of savings is to keep you from becoming poor.” — Jane Bryant Quinn
58. “If you make a sale, you can make a living. If you make an investment of time and good service in a customer, you can make a fortune.” — Jim Rohn
59. “Don’t try to be a jack of all investments. Stick to the field you know best.” — Bernard Baruch
60. “Those who are unwilling to invest in the future haven’t earned one.” — Harold Lewis
Investment basics and tips
Trading and saving are not the same as investing.
Merriam-Webster defines investing as “the outlay of money usually for income or profit.”
Regardless of how you choose to invest your money, you’re essentially giving your money to a company, government, or other entity with the hope they will give you even more money in the future.
It sounds complicated, but a few basic principles can help get you started today.
If you have a large amount of credit card debt, focus on paying that off first.
This is because no investment will continually outperform the high-interest rate you are paying on your debt.
You should also make you have an emergency savings account with enough money for at least six months of all your expenses.
This is an important step to secure before you risk your money.
Another thing to consider is avoiding something called “lifestyle creep.”
As we earn more money, we view things that were once luxuries as staples.
This can consume a lot of the money we could be investing.
Start investing with small amounts of money and learn more about what you are investing in.
It is also to understand all the risks you are taking.
One way to mitigate some risks is to ensure that you diversify your portfolio.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these investment quotes and sayings?
Share some investment tips with us in the comment section below.