Roll into the flavorful world of sushi with these fun sushi quotes!
Sushi is a Japanese dish consisting of vinegared rice, raw or cooked seafood, and vegetables wrapped in seaweed or served as a roll.
You don’t have to be a foodie to gain some interesting knowledge about sushi!
In addition to the sushi quotes below, this article will explore the world of sushi, its history, and its many varieties.
Tell us your favorite sushi quote in the comment section!
Why Should You Read Sushi Quotes?
While sushi has arguably taken the world by storm, there are still many areas where sushi is foreign to people.
Reading sushi quotes will give you insight and information into this healthy and delicious cuisine that has become so popular around the globe!
Sushi has been around for centuries.
It originated in Southeast Asia as a practice of preserving fish.
Today, sushi has evolved to include a wide range of ingredients and styles and is enjoyed by people of all ages.
Sushi is delicious, but it is also very healthy.
The combination of rice, fish, and vegetables provides a well-balanced meal that is low in fat and high in protein and other nutrients.
Sushi is also considered a social food.
It is often enjoyed with friends and family in a casual and fun atmosphere where people share many different kinds of sushi.
A few of the various kinds of sushi include:
- Nigiri – classic sushi that consists of a small ball of rice topped with a slice of raw or cooked seafood, such as tuna or shrimp
- Maki, aka sushi rolls- rice and other ingredients rolled up in a sheet of seaweed and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- Chirashi- a bowl of sushi rice topped with various raw fish and other ingredients
- Narezushi- a traditional style of sushi made by fermenting fish and rice together.
From traditional nigiri to fusion rolls, sushi has become a staple in many restaurants and households around the globe.
Whether you’re a fanatic or a newcomer, there is something for everyone to enjoy in the exciting and flavorful world of sushi.
Now please join us on a journey through the fascinating world of sushi with these fun sushi quotes!
Short sushi quotes about the popular food
Read these celebrity quotes about their love of sushi.
1. “I love sushi.” — Amy Lee
2. “Sushi is an art, and I’m the artist.” — Jiro Ono
3. “I actually crave for sushi.” — Riteish Deshmukh
4. “I love your sushi roll, hotter than wasabi.” — Drake
5. “I could eat my body weight in sushi.” — Mikey Way
6. “In LA, I live on sushi or salad.” — Denise Van Outen
7. “Sushi is one my favorite things.” — Alexander Gould
8. “I love salmon, and I love my sushi.” — Travis Pastrana
9. “Sushi is a reflection of the soul.” — Masaharu Morimoto
10. “With sushi, it is all about balance.” — Nobu Matsuhisa
The top sushi quotes for sushi lovers and sushi haters
Enjoy the quotes below about who likes sushi and who can’t stand it.
11. “Sushi is my favorite thing to do in L.A.” — Liam Hemsworth
12. “I’m not making art, I’m making sushi.” — Masaharu Morimoto
13. “My non-Chinese food favorite… can I say sushi?” — Gok Wan
14. “Chicken parm is my favorite. I’m not a big fan of sushi.” — Marty Walsh
15. “I love sushi, but I’m not going to write a column about it.” — Joel Stein
16. “Kids are now eating things like edamame and sushi.” — Emeril Lagasse
17. “Although, I didn’t really like sushi until I moved out to L.A.” — Scott Wolf
18. “Sushi is not just food; it’s an art form, an experience.” — Francis Mallmann
19. “Some people like sushi, others think hamburgers are divine!” — Michael Kors
20. “One of my favorite things to make is homemade sushi.” — Carly Rae Jepsen
The best sushi quotes about this fresh, light food
These next quotes are about the devotion some people feel to sushi.
21. “My go-to takeaway order would be Chinese, pizza, or sushi.” — Maura Higgins
22. “A sushi chef has to spot the best-quality fresh fish instantly.” — Nobu Matsuhisa
23. “If the rice is good, compliment your sushi chef on the rice.” — Anthony Bourdain
24. “I have to say, sushi freaks me out more than almost anything.” — Kate Beckinsale
25. “Just because I like sushi, doesn’t mean I can make sushi.” — Anthony Bourdain
26. “I’ve been making sushi for 38 years, and I’m still learning.” — Masaharu Morimoto
27. “I still eat sushi, though I’m trying my best to have my last sushi roll.” — Kim Basinger
28. “The fine art of preparing sushi is something that you watch and learn.” — Nobu Matsuhisa
29. “I love eating sushi and eating raw and clean – no pasta and bread.” — Chrissy Teigen
30. “The Kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance.” — Terry Pratchett
Famous sushi quotes about celebrity favorite foods
The following quotes are about the dynamic of eating sushi.
31. “Sitting eating sushi in the city, incredibly chilled out reading Nietzsche.” — Joey Barton
32. “It always freaks me out when I go to a sushi place and there’s a Mexican.” — Chelsea Handler
33. “I always thought that bagels and lox was my soul food, but it turns out it’s sushi.” — Sara Sheridan
34. “Sushi is my favorite food, and within sushi, again, I love almost everything.” — Nobu Matsuhisa
35. “I’m quite happy having stuff like quinoa, sushi, and even vegetable juices.” — Deepika Padukone
36. “I love sushi, I love fried chicken, I love steak. But there is a limit to my love.” — Jonathan Safran Foer
37. “I love food – all kinds of food, and I feel like I am never full. Sushi is my favorite if I had to pick.” — Jennifer Meyer
38. “I love Somali foods like canjeero, a pancakelike bread; same for pizza, burgers, and sushi.” — Halima Aden
39. “Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Unless he doesn’t like sushi, then you also have to teach him to cook.” — Auren Hoffman
40. “Sometimes sushi is just superb, and other times there’s nothing like a great big steak. It depends where your taste buds are at the time.” — Francesca Annis
Sushi quotes and sayings about the healthy nature of sushi
The last quotes are about eating food that is prepared well and good for you.
41. “In Japanese sushi restaurants, a lot of sushi chefs talk too much.” — Masa Takayama
42. “I enjoy anything that is well prepared, a good spaghetti, lasagna, taco, steak, sushi, refried beans.” — Martin Yan
43. “I don’t like venison or sushi – I don’t want to eat what some people think are ‘luxurious’ foods.” — Courteney Cox
44. “And not one single sushi restaurant. A look of pain crossed the angel’s suddenly very serious face.” — Terry Pratchett
45. “I end up making healthy choices, like sushi or grilled fish, because I feel so good from eating well.” — Jennifer Morrison
46. “Did you know that the Jews invented sushi? That’s right – two Jews bought a restaurant with no kitchen.” — Jackie Mason
47. “You have to eat good! I eat gorgeous food. I eat sushi, I eat meat, I eat steaks. I eat more than you, I’m sure.” — Tanya Dziahileva
48. “A good rule to remember for life is that when it comes to plastic surgery and sushi, never be attracted by a bargain.” — Graham Norton
49. “Limp Bizkit Ice Cream would taste like the sweetest pair of panties in the world. It would taste like sushi. Sushi or panties.” — Fred Durst
50. “I think that without sushi there would be no David Hasselhoff because sushi is like the perfect way of describing the insides of David Hasselhoff.” — David Hasselhoff
Which Quote Is Your Favorite?
We hope you enjoyed our compilation of the best sushi quotes out there!
Perhaps it inspired you to try sushi for the first time or enticed you to go out and get your favorite roll or nigiri.
Did you find a sushi quote that spoke to you or that you loved?
If so, please let us know by mentioning it in the comment section.
We always love to connect and engage with our readers!
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
There are many ways to nourish your soul, from breathing and spending time with nature to volunteering; here are ten ways to start today.
There are unlimited ways to appreciate someone. Here are some simple ways to make others feel special and improve their world.
Introduce yourself to some wise words and concepts that will provide inspiration or advice to help us fulfill our potential and allow us to live the life we were destined to live.
You’ve probably heard the term “cleanse” or “detox” before and might have recently started hearing about the Duck Flower detox.
Check out these related quote articles:
Life was meant to be enjoyed!
In life, some moments mark the beginning of a new chapter—a chance to turn the page, as seen in these new beginning quotes.
Here are our favorite funny motivational quotes about life, work, and becoming successful.
The human spirit has an unwavering ability to overcome, as seen in these challenge quotes.