Our latest collection of Drake quotes that will motivate you to work towards your dreams.
Aubrey Drake Graham, known to the rest of the world simply as ‘Drake’, is a multi-Grammy-award-winning rapper, actor, singer, songwriter, and entrepreneur. He is best known for some of his biggest hits like, “Best I Ever Had”, “Successful”, “Over” and “Find Your Love”. Before making it big, he was first seen on the teen drama television series Degrassi: The Next Generation.
Despite personal challenges, Drake’s career has always been pushing forward. In fact, he is rarely out of the spotlight. From his humble beginnings of trying to get into the world of hip-hop, signing Lil Wayne‘s music label, to being the biggest winner at the Billboard Music Awards in 2017, it seems that there’s no stopping Drake.
In late June 2018, he released his fifth studio album, Scorpion, which broke records and experienced unprecedented success. It became the first album to surpass 1 billion streams in a single week and was only the fourth album ever to have seven top 10 Hot 100 hits simultaneously.
The album has 25 tracks and a runtime that reaches almost 90 minutes. Some top tracks from the album include “Nonstop”, “Emotionless”, “In My Feelings” and “Don’t Matter To Me.”
In this regard, here are some of the best Drake quotes to inspire you to work hard towards the success you want. And when finished, check out our collection of quotes by Eminem, too.
Drake quotes about self-confidence, real love, and happiness
1. “All I want to do is work. I just want to make this album as incredible as I can. That’s really the best way to put it.” – Drake
2. “The greatest advice that Wayne ever gave me, is actually a constant reminder, and he said ‘Just be yourself. Just please be yourself. Don’t go and get tattoos. You don’t have to dress any different.’” – Drake
3. “I use my music as a method to update people on my life, I’ve done huge media blitz this past week but I don’t really like to get in the media and talk. Because I feel like people who talk in the media only become known for that and look forward to that. I just want people to look forward to my music.” – Drake
4. “I’m always going to work like I have something to prove.” – Drake
5. “Aubrey Drake Graham is a man that is constantly learning about himself, and is sharing his learning process with the world.” – Drake
6. “It was my father who told me that there is no rapper who is singing and rapping. He told me that in order to be successful you’re going to have to do something different than what everyone else is doing.” – Drake
7. “Sometimes I wake up and I wonder if this is the right stuff for me to be doing, but then I take a long flight and end up in a place like London and I realize I don’t give a … about what anybody has to say about me.” – Drake
8. “Do I feel like I’m getting enough respect? No. But that’s that keeps me going. When I feel like I’m getting enough respect I don’t know what kind of music I’ll be making.” – Drake
9. “I get to wake up and be myself.” – Drake
10. “I don’t have relationships. I don’t have a family. I work. And at this point in my life I’m happy with that. In 10 years, who knows, we might be having a different conversation.” – Drake
Drake Quotes that are positive and insightful
11. “I always felt like an outsider.” – Drake
12. “I think the details of my background came after. What caught first was the music. And what became more appealing was like…’This is the guy?’ I remember those moments.” – Drake
13. “If I could tell you one thing about this album it’s that I’m extremely proud of it and it’s an extremely concise body of work. Is it my best album? No, my best album will be my next album and I will continue to say that for the rest of my career.” – Drake
14. “I sit and eat with some of the hardest working people in the business. And I observe and I try to apply it to my own craft.” – Drake
15. “I don’t want to be number 2. I think that would be a weird thing to say. I want to make this city proud. That’s the main reason for me.” – Drake
16. “I’ve always been observant. I watched my parents go through a lot. I guess that’s why I’m this semi-emotional guy who even cares about love. Most 23 year-olds in my position would be out like her like, ‘Man, I’m just doing whatever’. But because I saw my parents go through the ups and downs, I’m scared man, I don’t want to be alone.” – Drake
17. “As people get older you think that they don’t really need you anymore. But what they’re probably doing is sitting at a wall thing about life and thinking why this person hasn’t called me yet.” – Drake
18. “I think I’m addicted to success. I’ve already sacrificed so much of my time that I have to push it as far as I possibly can because I’ve ten up a lot of years.” – Drake
Uplifting Drake Quotes and lyrics from his newest album, Scorpion
19. “When life comes at you from all angles and sides, it really boils down to how you plan to survive.” – Drake
20. “The only trying that I do is me trying the hardest, the only crying I do is crying from laughing about it.” – Drake
21. “They say take the good with the bad, I’ll take it without” – Drake
22. “I’m in control of my destiny, never in doubt” – Drake
23. “I wasn’t hiding my kid from the world, I was hiding the world from my kid. From empty souls who just wake up and look to debate. Until you staring at your seed, you can never relate.” – Drake
24. “You know a wise man once said nothing at all.” – Drake
25. “I always hear people complain about the place that they live. That all the people here are fake and they got nothing to give. It’s because they’ve been staring at somebody else’s version of stuff that makes another city seem more exciting than it is.” – Drake
26. “Life is too short, I got to get it before they blow the whistle” – Drake
27. “If I can’t make it with you, I’ll make it without” – Drake
28. “The only holding up I do is my end of the bargain.” – Drake
29. “Love certain people but never get attached to them.” – Drake
30. “Everybody has an addiction, mine happens to be success.” – Drake
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also read these rap quotes and lyrics about life, love and success.
Drake quotes to motivate you to work towards your dreams
31. “When writing the story of your life, don’t let anyone else hold the pen.” – Drake
32. “Sometimes it’s the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination.” – Drake
33. “Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending.” – Drake
34. “Wish you would learn to love people and use things, and not the other way around.” – Drake
35. “Life can always change, you have to adjust.” – Drake
36. “Strength isn’t always shown in what you can hold on to, sometimes it’s shown in what you can let go of.” – Drake
37. “Never let success get to your head and never let failure get to your heart.”– Drake
38. “Judge me, and you’ll have no time left to love me.”– Drake
39. “Pain makes you stronger. Fear makes you braver. Heartbreak makes you wiser.”– Drake
40. “My life is mine to remember.”– Drake
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like our collection of Juice WRLD quotes and lyrics to remember him.
Drake quotes to inspire and motivate you
41. “Haters will broadcast your failures, but whisper your success.” – Drake
42. “I was born to make mistakes, not to fake perfection.” – Drake
43. “Accept yourself. You don’t have to prove shit to no one except yourself.” – Drake
44. “I’m trying to do better than good enough.” – Drake
45. “Count your blessings, not problems.” – Drake
46. “Kill them with success and bury them with a smile.”– Drake
47. “I’m not confrontational, but if someone challenges, I’m not going to back down.”– Drake
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love our collection of Lil Peep quotes about love, life, and music.
48. “Before you give up, think of the reason you held on so long.”– Drake
49. “I push myself in a lot of aspects.”– Drake
50. “Know life is just a game in which the cards are facing down. I’m in the world where things are taken, never given how long they choose to love you will never be your decision.”– Drake
Drake quotes that will make your day
51. “If you think I’mma quit before I die dream on.” – Drake
52. “Always felt like my vision been bigger than the bigger picture.” – Drake
53. “They ain’t make me what I am, they just found me like this.” – Drake
54. “It’s never too late to realize what you want in your life and it’s never wrong to fight for it.” – Drake
55. “People like to build their own story about my life. I don’t know if it makes them feel better, or if it makes it okay for them not to like me. But the last thing I grew up as was rich.” – Drake
56. “Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.” – Drake
57. “When it comes to knowing what to say, to charm, I always had it.” – Drake
58. “Patience is key for getting over a breakup. That, and trailing off your interaction after the breakup.” – Drake
59. “All in all I learned a lesson from it though, you never see it coming you just get to see it go.” – Drake
60. “The good ones go, if you wait too long.” – Drake
More Drake quotes and lyrics
61. “Beauty isn’t about having a pretty face it’s about having a pretty mind, a pretty heart, and a pretty soul.” – Drake
62. “We live in a generation of not being in love, and not being together. But we sure make it feel like we’re together because we’re scared of seeing each other with somebody else.” – Drake
63. “We always ignore the ones who adore us and adore the ones who ignore us.” – Drake
64. “Everybody dies but not everybody lives.” – Drake
65. “Sometimes you have to stop worrying, wondering, and doubting. Have faith that things will work out, maybe not how you planned, but just how it’s meant to be.” – Drake
66. “May your neighbors respect you, trouble neglect you, angels protect you, and Heaven accepts you.” – Drake
67. “Never say that you regret something because at one point in your life, you wanted it.” – Drake
68. “Life is like a pavement. Some slabs are perfect, others broken or cracked but at the end it’s always a complete and perfect slab.” – Drake
69. “Being ready is real I don’t know about you.” – Drake
70. “I’m sitting in a chair but in the future it’s a throne.” – Drake
Which of these Drake quotes did you like best and why?
Drake has definitely gone far from being relatively anonymous in the United States, to reaching celebrity status worldwide. In spite of his massive success, he keeps it cool and stays dedicated to his work.
Whether you’re a struggling musician, or a thriving entrepreneur, these Drake quotes have hopefully instilled some positive vibes your way.
Which of these Drake quotes was your favorite? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Tell us in the comment section below.
April 6, 2021 6:00 AM EST