110 Funny Food Quotes For Your Inner Foodie
March 20, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Food is necessary for life, but for many of us, it is also how we celebrate (just see the food quotes section about cake).
Family dinners, going out with friends, and celebrating our achievements, are a part of our food culture.
If you express love through food, you might be Italian, Greek, or from the south!
Then again, there are plenty of food quotes about love, so maybe you’re just human!
You may also enjoy our article on:
The United States Department of Agriculture estimates that 30-40% of the food supply is wasted each year, equating to roughly 133 billion pounds and $161 billion in economic losses.
While food waste is a serious problem, you can still have a good laugh with these humorous quotes about leftovers and kitchen mishaps.
What is the ‘food of love’?
Well, that line actually refers to a Shakespeare reference to music because music was thought to be food for the soul.
Of course, Southerners might tell you there is only one kind of soul food!
As someone who grew up in the south, I can assure you they are not lying!
Some food quotes will have you doing some deep belly laughing, so keep reading.
Don’t forget to check out these cooking quotes that will entice your inner chef.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Inspirational food quotes about pizza
According to a survey by Statista, pizza is the most popular food in the United States, with 21% of respondents ranking it as their favorite.
If you’re a pizza lover, you’ll enjoy these funny food quotes that perfectly capture your obsession.
Pizza is kind of like bread… so don’t forget to check out these bread quotes!
1. “You can’t make everyone happy. You’re not pizza.” ― Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on funny birthday quotes.
2. “Unless you are a pizza, the answer is yes, I can live without you.” ― Bill Murray
You will also enjoy our article on farmer quotes.
3. “Pizza is like the entire food pyramid!” ― Madeline Oles
You will also enjoy our article on Guy Fieri quotes.
4. “Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard and believe in yourself.” ― Bill Murray
You will also enjoy our article on vegan quotes.
5. “There’s no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box in your lap.” ― Kevin James
You will also enjoy our article on brunch quotes.
6. “Anyone who says that money cannot buy happiness has clearly never spent their money on pizza.” ― Andrew W.K.
You will also enjoy our article on chocolate quotes.
7. “Those pizzas I ate were for medicinal purposes.” ― Amy Neftzger
You will also enjoy our article on candy quotes.
8. “A pizza slice a day keeps sadness away.” ― Jet Paacal
You will also enjoy our article on Dr. Sebi quotes.
9. “I’d rather have leftover pizza than leftover feelings.” ―Sarah Burgess
You will also enjoy our article on coffee quotes.
10. “Time is money, money is power, power is pizza, and pizza is knowledge, let’s go!” ― Aubrey Plaza
You might also like these donut quotes to bring out the sweetness in you.
Funny food quotes we can all relate to
The United States Department of Agriculture estimates that 30-40% of the food supply is wasted yearly, equating to roughly 133 billion pounds and $161 billion in economic losses.
While food waste is a severe problem, you can still have a good laugh with these humorous quotes about leftovers and kitchen mishaps.
11. “Carbs are the answer. No matter the question.” ― Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on Ratatouille quotes.
12. “There’s no “we” in ice cream.” ― Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on November quotes.
13. “Abs are temporary. Chocolate is forever.” ― Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on witty quotes.
14. “The only clubs I’m interested in are sandwiches.” ―Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on sarcastic quotes.
15. “Every day is National Donut Day if you put your mind to it.” ― Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on cake quotes.
16. “My mind says ‘abs’ but my heart says ‘cheese fries’.” ― Unknown
17. “If we’re not meant to have midnight snacks, why is there a light in the fridge?” ― Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on internet quotes.
18. “You only live once… Lick the bowl!” ― Unknown
19. “If we shake out all of the crumbs from all of the keyboards in the world, we can end world hunger.”― Matthew Dolkart
20. “The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating.”― John Walters
21. “I just don’t want to look back and think I could’ve eaten that.” ― Unknown
22. “I won’t be impressed with technology until I can download food.” ― Unknown
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of dessert quotes that make life sweeter.
Food quotes about love
According to a study conducted by the American Heart Association, consuming more fruits and vegetables can significantly reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, and other chronic diseases.
This statistic can be used to emphasize the importance of incorporating healthy foods into our diet, while still having a sense of humor about our love for food.
23. “In Italy, food is an expression of love. It is how you show those around you that you care for them. Having a love for food means you also have a love for those you are preparing it for and for yourself.” ― Joe Bastianich
24. “Love means never having to say “Should we get dessert?” ― Unknown
25. “The key to my heart looks a whole lot like a plate of pasta.” ― Unknown
26. “Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” ― Aland D. Wolfelt
27. “The people who give you their food give you their heart.” ― Caesar Chavez
28. “My weaknesses have always been food & men- in that order.” ― Dolly Parton
29. “Cooking is like love: it should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” ― Harriet Van Horne
30. “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one has not dined well.” ― Virginia Woolf
31. “Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.” ― M.F.K. Fisher
32. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” ― Charles M. Schulz
33. “There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves.” — Thomas Wolfe
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of cheese quotes for cheese lovers.
Cooking and food quotes from famous chefs, cookbook authors, and restaurateurs
A survey by the International Food Information Council found that 61% of Americans try to eat more protein, 54% try to eat more fiber, and 43% try to eat more whole grains.
This statistic can be used to show how consumers are becoming more health-conscious and looking for ways to improve their diets, while still enjoying their favorite foods.
34. “Always serve too much hot fudge sauce on hot fudge sundaes. It makes people overjoyed and puts them in your debt.” ― Judith Olney
35. “You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food.” ― Paul Prudhomme
36. “Cooking is all about people. Food is maybe the only universal thing that really has the power to bring everyone together. No matter what culture, everywhere around the world, people eat together.” ― Guy Fieri
37. “The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.” ― Julia Child
38. “It’s okay to play with your food.” ― Emeril Lagasse
39. “Initially let your food do the talking. You’ll be surprised how far you go in a short period of time.” ― Gordon Ramsay
40. “I believe it’s a cook’s moral obligation to add more butter given the chance.” ― Michael Ruhlman
41. “What you feel like eating at any given moment is what you should have.”― Ferran Adria
Check out our collection of BBQ quotes if you enjoy this article.
Famous food quotes about cakes
The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization reports that nearly 690 million people worldwide are hungry, while 2 billion people lack access to safe, nutritious, and sufficient food.
This statistic can be used to highlight the importance of not taking our access to food for granted, and how humor can bring awareness to serious issues surrounding food insecurity.
42. “Cakes are special. Every birthday, every celebration ends with something sweet, a cake, and people remember. It’s all about the memories.” ― Buddy Valastro
43. “A party without a cake is really just a meeting.” ― Julia Child
44. “Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake.” ― Dean Koontz
45. “There’s nothing better than cake but more cake.” ― Harry S. Truman
46. “Let’s face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people: it does for me.” ― Audrey Hepburn
47. “Romance is the icing, but love is the cake.” ― Julia Child
48. “Love, love, and cherish life. Also, just eat the cake.” ― Aaron Paul
49. “Let them eat cake.” ― Marie Antoinette
50. “For me, almost always, the answer was cake.” ― Diana Abu-Jaber
You might also like these dinner quotes about the important evening meal.
Funny food quotes that will make you chuckle
51. “Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” – Ron Swanson
52. “Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.” – Orson Welles
53. “Life’s too short. Start with Dessert!” – Barbra Streisand
54. “The most powerful social media… it is not the internet, it is not Facebook – it is food. This connects all human beings.” – Alex Atala
55. “He was a bold man that first ate an oyster.” – Jonathan Swift
56. “Destiny may ride with us today, but there is no reason for it to interfere with lunch.” – Peter the Great
57. “Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.” – Mark Twain
58. “Instead of past, present and future, I’d prefer chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
59. “After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.” – Oscar Wilde
60. “Popcorn is one of the only situations in which you eat the result of an explosion.”
– Demetri Martin
Food Quotes For a Healthy Living
61. “I get way too much happiness from good food.” — Elizabeth Olsen
62. “My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people.” — Orson Welles
63. “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” — Hippocrates
64. “I could talk food all day. I love good food.” — Tom Brady
65. “I eat a variety of foods like vegetables, fruit and beef for protein and iron.” — Sasha Cohen
66. “Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” — Jim Davis
67. “Eating is always a decision, nobody forces your hand to pick up food and put it into your mouth.” — Albert Ellis
68. “Food is an important part of a balanced diet.” — Fran Lebowitz
69. “It is the food which you furnish to your mind that determines the whole character of your life.” — Emmet Fox
70. “He who does not mind his belly, will hardly mind anything else.” — Samuel Johnson
Food Quotes That Will Leave You Yearning for Good Food
71. “I love food and feel that it is something that should be enjoyed. I eat whatever I want. I just don’t overeat.” — Tyra Banks
72. “So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being.” — Franz Kafka
73. “I like food. I like eating. And I don’t want to deprive myself of good food.” — Sarah Michelle Gellar
74. “If music be the food of love, play on, Give me excess of it; that surfeiting, The appetite may sicken, and so die.” — William Shakespeare
75. “A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into.” — George Orwell
76. “My favorite time of day is to get up and eat leftovers from dinner, especially spicy food.” — David Byrne
77. “When I ponder my mind I consistently find It is glued On food.” — Ogden Nash
78. “I love all kinds of bread. Whenever I crave junk food, I want salty things like peanuts or potato chips.” — Tyra Banks
79. “Food is my drug of choice.” — Barbara Grizzuti Harrison
80. “If I could only have one type of food with me, I would bring soy sauce. The reason being that if I have soy sauce, I can flavor a lot of things.” — Martin Yan
Food Quotes for a Healthy Living
81. “I always knew that food and wine were vital, with my mother being Italian and a good cook.” ― Robert Mondavi
82. “Food is the most primitive form of comfort.” ― Sheilah Graham Westbrook
83. “I always say centered food equals centered behavior.” ― Marilu Henner
84. “All food is the gift of the gods and has something of the miraculous, the egg no less than the truffle.” ― Sybille Bedford
85. “Our minds are like our stomaches; they are whetted by the change of their food, and variety supplies both with fresh appetite.” ― Quintilian
86. “My idea of fast food is a mallard.” ― Ted Nugent
87. “Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” ― Doug Larson
88. “Cultivation to the mind is as necessary as food to the body.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
89. “Leave your drugs in the chemist’s pot if you can heal the patient with food.” ― Hippocrates
90. “One should eat to live, not live to eat.” ― Moliere
Food Quotes That Encourage You To Enjoy That Healthy Plate
91. “Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.” — Ernestine Ulmer
92. “Food brings people together on many different levels. It’s nourishment of the soul and body; it’s truly love.” — Giada De Laurentiis
93. “If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat… The people who give you their food give you their heart.” — Cesar Chavez
94. “There is no love sincerer than the love of food.” ― George Bernard Shaw
95. “We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.” ― David Mamet
96. “When a man’s stomach is full it makes no difference whether he is rich or poor.” — Euripides
97. “Good food gives you energy, and life is all about energy.” — Joe Wicks
98. “Food is our common ground, a universal experience.“ — James Beard
99. “Human beings do not eat nutrients, they eat food.” — Mary Catherine Bateson
100. “Food is a gift and should be treated reverentially–romanced and ritualized and seasoned with memory.” ― Chris Bohjalian
Food Quotes To Grow Your Appetite
101. “Good food is very often, even most often, simple food.” — Anthony Bourdain
102. “Good food is an amazing blessing.” — Brenda Knight
103. “A food’s value is based on how good it tastes.” — Homaro Cantu
104. “Good food is the basis of true happiness.” — Auguste Escoffier
105. “Food is the only beautiful thing that truly nourishes.” — Richard Gere
106. “Food is the moral right of all who are born into this world.” — Norman Borlaug
107. “Food is a part of our contract with life.” — Bryant McGill
108. “Food is music to the body, music is food to the heart.” — Gregory David Roberts
109. “Good food should be a right not a privilege.” — Alice Waters
110. “Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul.” — Dorothy Day
Food Quotes to Live a Fulfilled Life
111. “Food is a central activity of mankind and one of the single most significant trademarks of a culture.” ― Mark Kurlansky
112. “Good food is a celebration of life.” ― Sophia Loren
113. “Food like love is a deeply emotional matter.” ― Julia Child
114. “The food you eat can either be the safest and most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison.” ― Ann Wigmore
115. “The most important thing to remember about food labels is that you should avoid foods that have labels.” ― Joel Fuhrman
116. “One of the greatest pleasures of my life has been that I have never stopped learning about Good Cooking and Good Food.” ― Edna Lewis
117. “Make food a very incidental part of your life by filling your life so full of meaningful things that you’ll hardly have time to think about food.” ― Peace Pilgrim
118. “Good food is a right, not a privilege. It brings children into a positive relationship with their health, community and environment.” ― Alice Waters
119. “Food can become such a point of anxiety – not because it’s food, but just because you have anxiety. That’s how eating disorders develop.” ― Vanessa Carlton
120. “Food simply isn’t important to me.” ― Alice Paul
What did you learn from these food quotes?
Over 25 years ago, Dr. Gary Chapman introduced the world to five love languages: words of affirmation, receiving gifts, acts of service, quality time, and physical touch.
Experts, along with Patrick Wanis, Ph.D., think there might be a sixth love language.
You guessed it; food!
Dr. Wanis says that “Food incorporates all the other five languages and all five senses.
It’s a very powerful way of creating a connection and expressing love.”
In what ways do you express love with food?
Maybe you post all your delicious food on Instagram?
You can probably caption some of your photos with some of these food quotes!
If you are a “foodie” then you will love these quotes.
Maybe they will even inspire you to host a dinner party, complete with a dessert of course!
If you are trying to lose weight, a hard task for us foodies, don’t fret!
There are many great recipes out there that are low carb and healthy, while also tasting quite yummy!
Who says you have to choose between “eating to live” or “living to eat”?
You can have the right balance and do both!
Share your favorite food quotes and sayings in the comment section below.