Food is necessary for life, but for many of us, it is also how we celebrate (just see the food quotes section about cake). Family dinners, going out with friends, and celebrating our achievements, are a part of our food culture. If you express love through food, you might be Italian, Greek, or from the south! Then again, there are plenty of food quotes about love, so maybe you’re just human!
What is the ‘food of love’? Well, that line actually refers to a Shakespeare reference to music because music was thought to be food for the soul.
Of course, Southerners might tell you there is only one kind of soul food! As someone who grew up in the south, I can assure you, they are not lying!
There are also some food quotes that will have doing some deep belly laughing, so keep reading.
Don’t forget to also check out these cooking quotes that will entice your inner chef.
Inspirational food quotes about pizza
1. “You can’t make everyone happy. You’re not pizza.” ― Unknown
2. “Unless you are a pizza, the answer is yes, I can live without you.” ― Bill Murray
3. “Pizza is like the entire food pyramid!” ― Madeline Oles
4. “Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard and believe in yourself.” ― Bill Murray
5. “There’s no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box in your lap.” ― Kevin James
6. “Anyone who says that money cannot buy happiness has clearly never spent their money on pizza.” ― Andrew W.K.
7. “Those pizzas I ate were for medicinal purposes.” ― Amy Neftzger
8. “A pizza slice a day keeps sadness away.” ― Jet Paacal
9. “I’d rather have leftover pizza than leftover feelings.” ―Sarah Burgess
10. “Time is money, money is power, power is pizza, and pizza is knowledge, let’s go!” ― Aubrey Plaza
Funny food quotes we can all relate to
11. “Carbs are the answer. No matter the question.” ― Unknown
12. “There’s no “we” in ice cream.” ― Unknown
13. “Abs are temporary. Chocolate is forever.” ― Unknown
14. “The only clubs I’m interested in are sandwiches.” ―Unknown
15. “Every day is National Donut Day if you put your mind to it.” ― Unknown
16. “My mind says ‘abs’ but my heart says ‘cheese fries’.” ― Unknown
17. “If we’re not meant to have midnight snacks, why is there a light in the fridge?” ― Unknown
18. “You only live once… Lick the bowl!” ― Unknown
19. “If we shake out all of the crumbs from all of the keyboards in the world, we can end world hunger.”― Matthew Dolkart
20. “The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating.”― John Walters
21. “I just don’t want to look back and think I could’ve eaten that.” ― Unknown
22. “I won’t be impressed with technology until I can download food.” ― Unknown
Food quotes about love
23. “In Italy, food is an expression of love. It is how you show those around you that you care for them. Having a love for food means you also have a love for those you are preparing it for and for yourself.” ― Joe Bastianich
24. “Love means never having to say “Should we get dessert?” ― Unknown
25. “The key to my heart looks a whole lot like a plate of pasta.” ― Unknown
26. “Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” ― Aland D. Wolfelt
27. “The people who give you their food give you their heart.” ― Caesar Chavez
28. “My weaknesses have always been food & men- in that order.” ― Dolly Parton
29. “Cooking is like love: it should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” ― Harriet Van Horne
30. “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one has not dined well.” ― Virginia Woolf
31. “Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.” ― M.F.K. Fisher
32. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” ― Charles M. Schulz
33. “There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves.” — Thomas Wolfe
Cooking and food quotes from famous chefs, cookbook authors, and restaurateurs
34. “Always serve too much hot fudge sauce on hot fudge sundaes. It makes people overjoyed and puts them in your debt.” ― Judith Olney
35. “You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food.” ― Paul Prudhomme
36. “Cooking is all about people. Food is maybe the only universal thing that really has the power to bring everyone together. No matter what culture, everywhere around the world, people eat together.” ― Guy Fieri
37. “The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.” ― Julia Child
38. “It’s okay to play with your food.” ― Emeril Lagasse
39. “Initially let your food do the talking. You’ll be surprised how far you go in a short period of time.” ― Gordon Ramsay
40. “I believe it’s a cook’s moral obligation to add more butter given the chance.” ― Michael Ruhlman
41. “What you feel like eating at any given moment is what you should have.”― Ferran Adria
Famous food quotes about cakes
42. “Cakes are special. Every birthday, every celebration ends with something sweet, a cake, and people remember. It’s all about the memories.” ― Buddy Valastro
43. “A party without a cake is really just a meeting.” ― Julia Child
44. “Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake.” ― Dean Koontz
45. “There’s nothing better than cake but more cake.” ― Harry S. Truman
46. “Let’s face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people: it does for me.” ― Audrey Hepburn
47. “Romance is the icing, but love is the cake.” ― Julia Child
48. “Love, love, and cherish life. Also, just eat the cake.” ― Aaron Paul
49. “Let them eat cake.” ― Marie Antoinette
50. “For me, almost always, the answer was cake.” ― Diana Abu-Jaber
Funny food quotes that will make you chuckle
51. “Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” – Ron Swanson
52. “Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.” – Orson Welles
53. “Life’s too short. Start with Dessert!” – Barbra Streisand
54. “The most powerful social media… it is not the internet, it is not Facebook – it is food. This connects all human beings.” – Alex Atala
55. “He was a bold man that first ate an oyster.” – Jonathan Swift
56. “Destiny may ride with us today, but there is no reason for it to interfere with lunch.” – Peter the Great
57. “Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.” – Mark Twain
58. “Instead of past, present and future, I’d prefer chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
59. “After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.” – Oscar Wilde
60. “Popcorn is one of the only situations in which you eat the result of an explosion.”
– Demetri Martin
What did you learn from these food quotes?
Over 25 years ago, Dr. Gary Chapman introduced the world to five love languages: words of affirmation, receiving gifts, acts of service, quality time, and physical touch. Experts, along with Patrick Wanis, Ph.D., think there might be a sixth love language.
You guessed it; food! Dr. Wanis says that “Food incorporates all the other five languages and all five senses. It’s a very powerful way of creating a connection and expressing love.”
In what ways do you express love with food? Maybe you post all your delicious food on Instagram? You can probably caption some of your photos with some of these food quotes! If you are a “foodie” then you will love these quotes. Maybe they will even inspire you to host a dinner party, complete with a dessert of course!
If you are trying to lose weight, a hard task for us foodies, don’t fret! There are many great recipes out there that are low carb and healthy, while also tasting quite yummy!
Who says you have to choose between “eating to live” or “living to eat”? You can have the right balance and do both! Share your favorite food quotes and sayings in the comment section below.
April 28, 2022 5:00 AM EST