These Blind Side quotes will warm your heart. Share your favorite line from the movie in the comments below.
The Blind Side is an American drama film based on a biography written by Micheal Lewis entitled The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game (2006).
The film, distributed by Warner Brothers, is about a young black African-American man named Micheal Oher, who was in and out of the system for a long time and struggles to find a place he can call home.
And then, he meets Sean (Tim McGraw) and Leigh Anne Tuohy (Sandra Bullock) who would eventually be his adoptive parents. Although Mike had a rough childhood and poor academic performance, he discovers that he has good potential for football as an offensive lineman with the help of his newfound family.
Here are The Blind Side quotes to remember that family comes first.
Don’t forget to also check out these As Good As It Gets quotes from the 90s rom-com
The Blind Side quotes from Michael Oher
1. “Any fool can have courage. But honor, that’s the real reason for you either do something or you don’t. It’s who you are and maybe who you want to be.” — Michael Oher
2. “If you die trying for something important, then you have both honor and courage.” — Michael Oher
3. “Courage is a hard thing to figure. You can have courage based on a dumb idea or mistake, but you’re not supposed to question adults, or your coach or your teacher, because they make the rules.” — Michael Oher
4. “I mean, valley of death that’s pretty salty stuff. That’s why courage it’s tricky. Should you always do what others tell you to do? Sometimes you might not even know why you’re doing something.” — Michael Oher
5. “I mean any fool can have courage. But honor, that’s the real reason for you either do something or you don’t. It’s who you are and maybe who you want to be. If you die trying for something important, then you have both honor and courage, and that’s pretty good.” — Michael Oher
The Blind Side quotes from Leigh Anne Tuohy
6. “There’s a moment of orderly silence before a football play begins. Players are in position, linemen are frozen, and anything is possible. Then, like a traffic accident, stuff begins to randomly collide.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
7. “I’m a member of the N.R.A. and I’m always packing.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
8. “Michael, I want you to have a good time but if you get a girl pregnant out of wedlock, I will crawl into the car, drive up to Oxford and cut off your penis.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
9. “No, you hear me, BITCH!. You threaten my son, you threaten me. You so much as cross into downtown, you will be sorry.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
10. “ I’m in a prayer group with the D.A.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
11. “Hey… crotchmouth! Yeah, you! Zip it, or I’ll come up there and zip if for ya!” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
12. “I said you could thank me later. It’s later, Bert.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
13. “ Look, here’s the deal, I don’t need y’all to approve my choices alright, but I do ask that you respect them. You have no idea what this boy has been through and if this becomes some running diatribe, I can find overpriced salad a lot closer to home.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
14. “We have been here for an hour, and all I see is people shooting the bull and drinking coffee” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
15. “There’s a moment of orderly silence before a football play begins. Players are in position, linemen are frozen, and anything is possible. Then, like a traffic accident, stuff begins to randomly collide. From the snap of the ball to the snap of the first bones, closer to 4 seconds than 5.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
16. “ One-mississippi – Joe Theismann, the Redskins quarterback takes the snap and hands-off to his running mate.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
17. “Two-mississippi – it’s a trick play, a flea-flicker. And the running back tosses it back to the quarterback.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
18. “Three-mississippi – up ’til now the play’s been defined by what the quarterback sees; it’s about to be defined by what he doesn’t.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
19. “Four-mississippi – Lawrence Taylor is the best defensive player in the NFL. And has been from the time he walked onto the fielded as a rookie. He will also change the game of football as we know it… Legendary quarterback Joe Theismann never played another down of football.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
20. “Now, y’all would guess that more often than not, the highest paid player on an NFL team is the quarterback. And you’d be right. But what you probably don’t know is that more often than not, the second highest paid player is, thanks to Lawrence Taylor, a left tackle.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
21. “Because, as every housewife knows, the first check you write is for the mortgage, but the second is for the insurance. The left tackle’s job is to protect the quarterback from what he can’t see coming. To protect his blind side.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
22. “I hear “Mrs. Touhy” I look over my shoulder for my mother-in-law. Call me Leigh Anne or Mama or almost anything else.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
23. “Who died and made him Bear Bryant?” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
24. “I don’t want to name names but one of the coaches took him to a titty bar. Gave him nightmares.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
25. “ You know, when I was driving all over Kingdom Come looking for you I just kept thinking about one thing. Ferdinand the bull. Everyone assumed because he was big that he wanted to fight in the ring. But he just wanted to sit under a tree and smell the flowers… I know I should have asked this a long time ago but do you even wanna play football? I mean, do you even like it?” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
The Blind Side quotes from conversations with Leigh Anne Touhy
26. Alton: “Whatchu packin? .22? A little Saturday night special?”
Leigh Anne Touhy: “Yep. And it shoots just fine every other day of the week too.”
27. Beth: “I think what you are doing is so great. Opening up your home to him… honey, you are changing that boy’s life.”
Leigh Anne Touhy: “No, he’s changing mine.”
28. Leigh Anne Touhy: “What it means, is, is that, we want to know if you would like to become part of this family.”
Michael Oher: “I kinda thought I already was.”
29. Michael Oher: “Mr. Touhy sleeps on the couch?”
Leigh Anne Touhy: “Only when he’s bad.”
30. Michael Oher: “It’s nice, I never had one before.”
Leigh Anne Touhy: “What, a room to yourself?”
Michael Oher: “A bed.”
31. Michael Oher: “Every game.”
Leigh Anne Touhy: “Every game. But I will not wear that gaudy orange, I will not. It is not my colour wheel and I’m not gonna wear it.”
Which of these The Blind Side quotes is your favorite?
The film will definitely remind you of family values and love for one another. The true value of family and charity are highlighted in this film. Like the characters, their lives changed along with everybody else’s.
Sometimes family transcends beyond bloodlines. Being part of a family is about connecting and sharing love with one another regardless of biological connections.
This series is one of the most heartwarming and meaningful movies of the century as it shows our capacity to bring our walls down and open our hearts to the people around us.
Through these Blind Side quotes and sayings, you won’t be blinded to see the other side of the story to share with your friends and definitely with your family.
January 12, 2022 7:00 AM EST