If you love corn cereals, you will enjoy reading this list of corn quotes.
We have curated the most popular and interesting quotes about corn to offer you the best possible experience.
Feel free to share these quotes with your friends and followers.
In addition to our quotes section, we’ve also provided information related to corn.
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
You might also like these related articles:
An Introduction to Corn
The scientific name of corn is “Zea Mays.”
It is among the most cultivated crops in the world.
Corn is a starchy grain with a rich history of serving as a popular food for humans and animals alike.
Corn was first originated in Mesoamerica.
Various ancient civilizations domesticated the wild grass named Teosinte.
These civilizations include:
These people were aware of the potential of corn and relied on it as a reliable food source.
The first advantage of this crop is its adaptability to variable climates.
Farmers love cultivating corn due to its high yield per acre.
Corn is a nutritional powerhouse.
It offers a range of essential nutrients and dietary fiber.
In addition, corn also offers specific vitamins.
Some of the nutritional benefits of corn quotes include:
- Provides carbohydrates to fuel our bodies
- Corn is rich in thiamine (vitamin B1) and vitamin C
- Supports different bodily functions
- Corn also contains important antioxidants such as Lutein and Zeaxanthin
- Dietary fiber helps with digestion and promotes gastrointestinal health.
When it comes to culinary applications, corn allows us to make a variety of recipes.
Corn is globally recognized as a nutritious food source, making it a staple food in various parts of the world.
Hence, it is cooked and consumed in different ways.
This makes it a versatile crop that works with countless variations of recipes.
You can consume corn in its natural state by just boiling or roasting it.
This serves as a healthy and delicious side dish for kids and adults.
Corn kernels also prove to be a popular recipe followed around the globe.
Dried corn seeds are also turned into cornmeal, which is used to make tortillas, cornbread, and other dishes.
In addition, corn flour is a sufficient component of various other recipes.
Corn also serves as the raw materials for various products like:
- Corn syrup
- Corn oil
- Livestock feed
Top 10 Corn Quotes
Here are the top ten corn quotes, honoring the golden grain that has fed generations and is still doing so.
1. “I’m a lover of fairs and corn dogs.” — Bruce Rauner
2. “Corn is a greedy crop, as farmers will tell you.” — Michael Pollan
3. “There’s a fine line between patriotism and corn.” — David L. Wolper
4. “In the Depression, we had to divert corn acreage.” — Orville Redenbacher
5. “Today’s smartest advertising style is tomorrow’s corn.” — William Bernbach
6. “Manufacturing is the seed corn for other jobs in the U.S.” — Peter Navarro
7. “A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.” — Anne Bronte
8. “I know my corn plants intimately, and I find it a great pleasure to know them.” — Barbara McClintock
9. “I was wearing corn plasters above and below my toes and taping my ankles twice.” — Cesar Romero
10. “The day of fortune is like a harvest day; we must be busy when the corn is ripe.” — Torquato Tasso
Mouth-Watering Corn Quotes
Through the words of others, experience the essence of corn in these quotes, which celebrate its irreplaceable place in our meals and its capacity to delight our senses.
11. “I love a good steak. I like my meat. I love broccoli – it’s one of my favorites – and corn, too. I mix it up with my vegetables.” — Caroline Wozniacki
12. “I have a love affair with tomatoes and corn. I remember them from my childhood. I only had them in the summer. They were extraordinary.” — Alice Waters
13. “The combination of charred poblanos and corn is a classic one in Mexico, and once added to a rich, creamy dressing and soft potatoes, it makes for the perfect summer side.” — Marcela Valladolid
14. “Skillet cornbread has always been my go-to comfort food, and my mom used to make it for me as a treat when I was younger. I do this for my girls now whenever I think they need a little love.” — Gina Neely
15. “On September twentieth every year, I got to choose my menu – meatloaf, corn niblets, and rice were followed by candles on chocolate cake with vanilla icing and a scoop of Brock-Hall ice cream.” — Donald Hall
16. “I love to lounge, and I particularly love to eat outdoors. It’s a throwback to my childhood in Hawaii. I have memories of coming out of the sea and eating corn chips with a strawberry vanilla slush.” — Marie Helvin
17. “My favorite fall or winter lunch is big steaming bowls of soup. I usually invite people for around 12:30 and have two hearty soups like shrimp corn chowder and lentil sausage soup, which can be made a day or two ahead.” — Ina Garten
18. “I have a corn creamer that I love. It extracts pulp and juice from kernels, and I simmer that down into creamed corn that has an almost mashed potato-like consistency. I add butter and hit it with chopped fresh chives at the end for an accent of color.” — Nick Offerman
19. “I usually eat six times a day, small meals. For breakfast, an egg and a corn tortilla, salsa and cilantro, and some ham. For snacks, I’ll have an apple, some string cheese, and a yogurt. For lunch, I’ll have a salad with protein in it, and for dinner, usually steamed vegetables and chicken or fish.” — Sprague Grayden
20. “One of my favorites is chilaquiles. It’s corn tortilla chips in a simple, brothy tomato sauce with a little chile for heat. It’s wonderfully homey. It has irresistible crispy bits, and I love to eat it. And you can play around with it – add chicken, sliced red onions, or all these different things that can easily dress it up.” — Rick Bayless
Corn Quotes About Cornflakes
Explore the enchanted land of cornflakes here. You can see from the fantastic quotes that follow that cornflakes have long served as a source of motivation for writers.
21. “You don’t get mood swings from eating cornflakes.” — O.J. Simpson
22. “Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can’t face reality.” — Mark Corrigan
23. “I am America’s number-one fan. I like your food. Especially corn flakes.” — Maximilian Schell
24. “Superman, Superman, crunchy little Superman. Found you in a Cornflakes box.” — Robyn Hitchcock
25. “I don’t want three million people digesting my private life over their cornflakes.” — Francesca Annis
26. “Few people arise in the morning as hungry for God as they are for cornflakes or toast and eggs.” — Dallas Willard
27. “There are some people who only know me for cornflakes ads, and that’s fine. I have a charmed life.” — Rob Brydon
28. “I think of magazines as cultural entities rather than boxes of cornflakes that can be sold and shipped around.” — Wayne Grady
29. “If you really could fit God in a file, you wouldn’t need to believe in God, you know, you’d just go get the file like a box of cornflakes off the shelf.” — Mitch Albom
30. “My line of work makes you aware of the fragility of life. You can get up in the morning, eat your cornflakes, blow-dry your hair, go to work, and end up dead.” — Kathy Reichs
Corn Quotes About Corn Fields
The following inspiring quotes all have something to do with corn fields in one way or another and may fit your needs perfectly.
31. “I grew up in Batavia, Ill., a small town out in the corn fields, west of Chicago. It was boring.” — Craig Sager
32. “Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you’re a thousand miles from the corn field.” — Dwight D. Eisenhower
33. “Atrazine – a herbicide often used on corn fields, golf courses, and even lawns – has become one of the most common contaminants in American drinking water.” — Charles Duhigg
34. “Most corn is combine harvested, which means it’s picked and shelled in the field – but that’s rough on the corn because the husk is more likely to be scratched or cracked.” — Ken Kercheval
35. “The first movie I saw – and I don’t know if it influenced me – was Ben Hur. We watched it outside in a corn field, and it ran backward, so the first movie I ever saw was Ben Hur backward.” — Roberto Benigni
36. “Political pandering comes in all shapes and sizes, but every four years, the presidential primary brings us in contact with its purest form – praising ethanol subsidies amid the corn fields of Iowa.” — John Sununu
37. “I was from a tiny little island, which I always say is one corn field away from a horror film: it was, like, isolated, and everybody knew everybody, and you go to school with the grandkids of the grandparents that your grandparents went to school with.” — Dove Cameron
38. “I come from the Midwest, from the suburbs – growing up hanging out at the mall and looking at the corn fields across the street. I kind of was embarrassed by it for a long time. Then I decided, ‘Hey, if everyone else can embrace their homeland and where they’re from, I can do the same!’” — Alice Ripley
39. “’Seanan McGuire’ is my real name; if I’m being silly and third-person about it, she’s a frequently cranky, foul-mouthed Disney Princess on vacation in the real world, where she studies diseases, cuddles reptiles, watches lots of horror movies, and goes to as many corn fields as possible.” — Seanan McGuire
40. “I would supplant the ox with the automobile and pave instead of plowing the fields. 1 have a theory that if a corn field were paved, leaving out a brick for each hill, it would increase the yield, do away entirely with the mud, and give the farmer plenty of time to meditate on lofty subjects. That is only one theory. I have many others.” — Susan Glaspell
Corn Quotes About Corn Syrup & Processed Oil
Explore the different aspects of corn-derived products through the lens of insightful thinkers. These quotes illuminate the effects of corn syrup and processed oil.
41. “For the most part, I try to stay away from high fructose corn syrup and citric acid.” — Nikki Reed
42. “In the U.S., too many yogurts are filled with corn syrup, preservatives, artificial this and that. To me, this is poison.” — Mireille Guiliano
43. “As a chef and father, it kills me that children are fed processed foods, fast food clones, foods loaded with preservatives and high-fructose corn syrup.” — Jose Andres
44. “If you want to know if your food contains gluten, aspartame, high fructose corn syrup, trans-fats or MSG, you simply read the ingredients listed on the label.” — Bernie Sanders
45. “Barley malt has a really deep, rich taste. A lot of manufacturers have switched over to corn syrup over the years because it’s a cheaper sweetener, but it doesn’t have the flavor.” — Nell Newman
46. “I try to eat super clean: No processed sugars, no corn syrups, nothing frozen in a box that you can microwave. If I read the ingredient label and I don’t know what something is, I assume it’s bad.” — Kacy Catanzaro
47. “Our typical Western diet is full of inflammatory fats – saturated fats, trans fats, too many omega-6, inflammatory, processed vegetable oils like soy and corn oils. These increase IGF-1 and stimulate pimple follicles.” — Mark Hyman
48. “I eat nothing that’s processed or refined – no high-fructose corn syrup, no sugar, no trans-fats. I eat a lot of fish and monounsaturated fats from olives, olive oil and nuts. A lot of organic, fresh fruits and vegetables. No bread. No gluten. No wheat. No rice.” — Dean Karnazes
49. “I don’t know too many parents that want to feed their kids soda, but high-fructose corn syrup is cheap. The price of soda in 20 years has gone down 40 percent while the price of whole foods, fruits and vegetables, has gone up 40 percent and obesity goes up right along that curve.” — Tom Colicchio
50. “You can’t drive through Iowa and not think about farming: No less than 85 percent of the land in the state is devoted to farms, many of them more than 1,000 acres. This is the place where seeds are sown. It’s where farmers grow the corn that will be fed to pigs as grain or fed to you as syrup or fermented to ethanol for your gas tank.” — Hope Jahren
Which of these Corn Quotes is your Favorite?
Corn has a storied history of offering nutritious food to human civilizations.
This crop has enriched societies and helped them to sustain themselves across the globe.
To acknowledge the importance of this crop, people love to share corn quotes on social media.
Our list of corn quotes contains some of the best possible options.
Each section contains a specific type of corn quote.
If you have found a quote that inspires you the most, share it with us via our comments section.
We would love to learn about your choice.