Pele Quotes About Living Like A Winner
May 28, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Our latest collection of Pele quotes on Everyday Power.
1. “A penalty is a cowardly way to score.” – Pele
You will also enjoy our article on hockey quotes.
2. “Sport is something that is very inspirational for young people.” – Pele
3. “Everything is practice.” – Pele
You will also enjoy our article on arrogant quotes.
4. “I don’t think I’m a very good businessman. I act too much with my heart.” – Pele
5. “Brazil eats, sleeps and drinks football. It lives football!” – Pele
6. “Pele doesn’t die. Pele will never die. Pele is going to go on forever.” – Pele
7. “If you don’t give education to people, it is easy to manipulate them.” – Pele
8. “Everything on earth is a game. A passing thing. We all end up dead. We all end up the same, don’t we?” – Pele
9. “Wherever you go, there are three icons that everyone knows: Jesus Christ, Pele and Coca-Cola.” – Pele
10. “Enthusiasm is everything. It must be taut and vibrating like a guitar string.” – Pele
11. “I always had a philosophy which I got from my father. He used to say, ‘Listen. God gave to you the gift to play football. This is your gift from God. If you take care of your health, if you are in good shape all the time, with your gift from God no one will stop you, but you must be prepared.'” – Pele
12. “You must respect people and work hard to be in shape. And I used to train very hard. When the others players went to the beach after training, I was there kicking the ball.” – Pele
13. “The World Cup is a very important way to measure the good players, and the great ones. It is a test of a great player.” – Pele
14. “The World Cup is a very complicated tournament – six games, seven if you make it to the final – and maybe if you lose one game you’re out, even if you’re the best.” – Pele
15. “The first World Cup I remember was in the 1950 when I was 9 or 10 years old. My father was a soccer player, and there was a big party, and when Brazil lost to Uruguay, I saw my father crying.” – Pele
16. “When you play against dirty players or very tough players, it’s easy to escape because you know what they’re going to do. But when the player is tough but intelligent, it’s much more difficult.” – Pele
17. “I am constantly being asked about individuals. The only way to win is as a team. Football is not about one or two or three star players.” – Pele
18. “Everybody knows my life. I won a lot of tournaments and scored more than 1,000 goals, won three World Cups but I could not play in Olympic Games.” – Pele
19. “If I pass away one day, I am happy because I tried to do my best. My sport allowed me to do so much because it’s the biggest sport in the world.” – Pele
20. “I represent Brazil all over the world. Wherever I go I have to do my best, to not disappoint the Brazilian people. And that I’ve done.” – Pele
21. “A lot of people, when a guy scores a lot of goals, think, ‘He’s a great player’, because a goal is very important, but a great player is a player who can do everything on the field. He can do assists, encourage his colleagues, give them confidence to go forward. It is someone who, when a team does not do well, becomes one of the leaders.” – Pele
Remember to also read our handpicked selection of soccer quotes that will inspire you to go out and get those goals.