Our latest collection of Pele quotes on Everyday Power Blog.
Pele Quotes About Living Like A Winner
1. A lot of people, when a guy scores a lot of goals, think, ‘He’s a great player’, because a goal is very important, but a great player is a player who can do everything on the field. He can do assists, encourage his colleagues, give them confidence to go forward. It is someone who, when a team does not do well, becomes one of the leaders. – Pele
2. If I pass away one day, I am happy because I tried to do my best. My sport allowed me to do so much because it’s the biggest sport in the world. – Pele
3. Everything is practice. – Pele
4. I don’t think I’m a very good businessman. I act too much with my heart. – Pele
6. When you play against dirty players or very tough players, it’s easy to escape because you know what they’re going to do. But when the player is tough but intelligent, it’s much more difficult. – Pele
7. If you don’t give education to people, it is easy to manipulate them. – Pele
8. I always had a philosophy which I got from my father. He used to say, ‘Listen. God gave to you the gift to play football. This is your gift from God. If you take care of your health, if you are in good shape all the time, with your gift from God no one will stop you, but you must be prepared.’ – Pele
9. The World Cup is a very important way to measure the good players, and the great ones. It is a test of a great player. – Pele
10. Enthusiasm is everything. It must be taut and vibrating like a guitar string. – Pele
11. Pele doesn’t die. Pele will never die. Pele is going to go on for ever. – Pele
13. Everything on earth is a game. A passing thing. We all end up dead. We all end up the same, don’t we? – Pele
14. The World Cup is a very complicated tournament – six games, seven if you make it to the final – and maybe if you lose one game you’re out, even if you’re the best. – Pele
15. The first World Cup I remember was in the 1950 when I was 9 or 10 years old. My father was a soccer player, and there was a big party, and when Brazil lost to Uruguay, I saw my father crying. – Pele
16. Sport is something that is very inspirational for young people. – Pele
17. Wherever you go, there are three icons that everyone knows: Jesus Christ, Pele and Coca-Cola. – Pele
18. I am constantly being asked about individuals. The only way to win is as a team. Football is not about one or two or three star players. – Pele
19. Everybody knows my life. I won a lot of tournaments and scored more than 1,000 goals, won three World Cups but I could not play in Olympic Games. – Pele
20. A penalty is a cowardly way to score. – Pele
21. I represent Brazil all over the world. Wherever I go I have to do my best, to not disappoint the Brazilian people. And that I’ve done. – Pele
Remember to also read our handpicked selection of soccer quotes that will inspire you to go out and get those goals.
What other Pele quotes would you add to the list?
May 5, 2019 12:00 AM EST