The Lord of the Rings fans will love these Theoden quotes from the King of Rohan!
J. R. R. Tolkien created Theoden as a fictional character for the legendary fantasy novel The Lord of the Rings.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Theoden is an essential character in the novels and movies of The Lord of the Rings franchise.
Theoden is of the race of Men and the King of Rohan’s powerful kingdom.
We first meet him in the second book or movie, The Two Towers.
When we first meet him, he is old, feeble, and controlled by his evil advisor, Grima Wormtongue.
Gandalf then banishes Grima from the Rohan kingdom, and we see Theoden age in reverse as his strength and mind are restored.
From that point, he is integral to the battle for Middle Earth against the evil Sauron.
Take a look at these Theoden Quotes to learn more about the critical character.
Classic Theoden Quotes
Check out these classic Theoden quotes.
1. “For death and glory.” — Theoden
2. “How did it come to this?” — Theoden
3. “Ride to ruin and the world’s ending!” — Theoden
4. “Take up my seat in the Golden Hall.” — Theoden
5. “No parent should have to bury their child.” — Theoden
6. “Look at my men. Their courage hangs by a thread.” — Theoden
7. “Let this be the hour when we draw swords together.” — Theoden
8. “So much death. What can men do against such reckless hate?” — Theoden
9. “Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn. Foreth, Eorlingas!” — Theoden
10. “If this is to be pour end, then I would have them make such an end, as to be worthy of remembrance.” — Theoden
Best Theoden Quotes
Enjoy some of the classic Lord of the Rings character’s best quotes.
11. “Ride now!”— Theoden
12. “We shall have peace.” — Theoden
13. “Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!” — Theoden
14. “A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises!” — Theoden
15. “Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered.” — Theoden
16. “The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.” — Theoden
17. “Crops can be resewn, homes rebuilt. Within these walls, we will outlast them.” — Theoden
More Theoden Quotes
Here are some more of Theoden’s best quotes.
18. “What would you have me do?” — Theoden
19. “Hammerhand shall sound in the deep one last time.” — Theoden
20. “They will break upon this fortress like water upon rock.” — Theoden
21. “You shall live to see these days renewed. No more despair.” — Theoden
22. “I would have you smile again, not grieve for those whose time has come.” — Theoden
23. “I go to my fathers in whose mighty company I shall not now feel ashamed.” — Theoden
24. “Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow.” — Theoden
25. “We shall have peace, when the lives of the soldiers whose bodies were hewn even as they died against the gates of the Hornberg, are avenged!” — Theoden
What Happens to Theoden?
After Gandalf banishes Grima, it restored Theoden to his old self.
He leads his people in an epic battle against Sauron’s forces at Helm’s Deep.
In the last book and movie titled The Return of the King, Theoden joins in the most significant battle to save Middle Earth, but he heroically dies at the hands of the Witch-king of Angmar.
He has no living children, but his niece Eowyn kills the witch-king in revenge, which preserves Theoden’s legacy.
Please share these Theoden Quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about Theoden in the comment section below.