The Best Will Rogers Quotes
August 10, 2022 6:42 AM EST
These Will Rogers quotes pay tribute to the accomplishments of his life.
There are few people who accomplish the kind of things that Will Rogers did during his 55 years on this planet.
Born in the late 1800s, in what was referred to as Indian Territory, to a Cherokee family, Will Rogers appears to have had a tendency to gain popularity quickly.
Among Rogers’ list of accomplishments include being a film actor, cowboy, newspaper columnist, and humorist.
He claims to have never met a man that he didn’t like.
And as you can see from these Will Rogers quotes, he gained a lot of insight and wisdom before his life was cut short in a plane crash.
Don’t forget to also check out these powerful meaning of life quotes.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Inspirational quotes by Will Rogers
1. “The worst thing that happens to you may be the best thing for you if you don’t let it get the best of you.” – Will Rogers
2. “We will never have true civilization until we have learned to recognize the rights of others.” – Will Rogers
3. “Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
4. “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” – Will Rogers
5. “The more that learn to read the less learn how to make a living. That’s one thing about a little education. It spoils you for actual work. The more you know the more you think somebody owes you a living.” – Will Rogers
6. “A Man only learns by two things, one is reading, and the other is association with smarter people.” – Will Rogers
7. “What constitutes a life well spent, anyway? Love and admiration from your fellow men is all that anyone can ask.” – Will Rogers
8. “Live your life so that whenever you lose, you are ahead.” – Will Rogers
9. “Great artists say that the most beautiful thing in the world is a baby. Well, the next is an old lady, for every wrinkle is a picture.” – Will Rogers
10. “A man can fool you with his mind, and his Soul and his Heart, but if you follow his feet you will pretty near find out where he is going.” – Will Rogers
11. “Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.” – Will Rogers
You will also enjoy our article on Edward Scissorhands quotes.
Will Rogers quotes on Success
12. “Nothing makes a man broad-minded like adversity.” – Will Rogers
13. ”Popularity is the easiest thing in the world to gain and it is the hardest thing to hold.” – Will Rogers
14. “The best way out of a difficulty is through it.” – Will Rogers
15. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
16. “Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.” – Will Rogers
17. “Don’t gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it.” – Will Rogers
18. “Borrowing money on what’s called ‘easy terms,’ is a one-way ticket to the Poor House. If you think it ain’t a Sucker Game, why is your Banker the richest man in your Town? Why is your Bank the biggest and finest building in your Town?” – Will Rogers
19. “If you want to be successful, it’s just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing.” – Will Rogers
20. “If you find the right job, you’ll never have to work a day in your life.” – Will Rogers
21. “Do the best you can, and don’t take life too serious.” – Will Rogers
22. “If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing is to stop digging.” – Will Rogers
23. “A vision, without a plan, is just a hallucination.” – Will Rogers
24. “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.” – Will Rogers
Classic Will Rogers quotes
25. Never miss a good chance to shut up.” – Will Rogers
Which of these Will Rogers quotes is your favorite?
These Will Rogers quotes are so direct and to the point.
They don’t beat around the bush.
They don’t use a lot of fancy language.
They are simple truths that we can all learn a lot from.
When you look at his long list of life accomplishments, it shows that Rogers knew a thing or two and that his quotes are worth paying attention to.
Choose a few of your favorites and use them as inspiration and motivation in life.
Use them to help push yourself to accomplish the things you want to achieve in life.
And use them to help yourself become the best that you can be.
Which of these Will Rogers quotes and sayings resonated with you best?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
January 8, 2022 at 12:57 PM
When people are disagreeable, I say “Well I guess you never met Will Rogers” (reference: I never met a man I didn’t like)
I’m not sure that I came up with this one, but it is something that I strive to do. I tell people (especially kids) to “Always learn 2 new things a day, because you are going to forget one”.
Most people seem to appreciate the thought.