These Will Rogers quotes pay tribute to the accomplishments of his life.
There are few people who accomplish the kind of things that Will Rogers did during his 55 years on this planet. Born in the late 1800s, in what was referred to as Indian Territory, to a Cherokee family, Will Rogers appears to have had a tendency to gain popularity quickly.
Among Rogers’ list of accomplishments include being a film actor, cowboy, newspaper columnist, and humorist. He claims to have never met a man that he didn’t like.
And as you can see from these Will Rogers quotes, he gained a lot of insight and wisdom before his life was cut short in a plane crash.
Don’t forget to also check out these powerful meaning of life quotes.
Inspirational quotes by Will Rogers
1. “The worst thing that happens to you may be the best thing for you if you don’t let it get the best of you.” – Will Rogers
2. “We will never have true civilization until we have learned to recognize the rights of others.” – Will Rogers
3. “Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
4. “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” – Will Rogers
5. “The more that learn to read the less learn how to make a living. That’s one thing about a little education. It spoils you for actual work. The more you know the more you think somebody owes you a living.” – Will Rogers
6. “A Man only learns by two things, one is reading, and the other is association with smarter people.” – Will Rogers
7. “What constitutes a life well spent, anyway? Love and admiration from your fellow men is all that anyone can ask.” – Will Rogers
8. “Live your life so that whenever you lose, you are ahead.” – Will Rogers
9. “Great artists say that the most beautiful thing in the world is a baby. Well, the next is an old lady, for every wrinkle is a picture.” – Will Rogers
10. “A man can fool you with his mind, and his Soul and his Heart, but if you follow his feet you will pretty near find out where he is going.” – Will Rogers
11. “Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.” – Will Rogers
Will Rogers quotes on Success
12. “Nothing makes a man broad-minded like adversity.” – Will Rogers
13. ”Popularity is the easiest thing in the world to gain and it is the hardest thing to hold.” – Will Rogers
14. “The best way out of a difficulty is through it.” – Will Rogers
15. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
16. “Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.” – Will Rogers
17. “Don’t gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it.” – Will Rogers
18. “Borrowing money on what’s called ‘easy terms,’ is a one-way ticket to the Poor House. If you think it ain’t a Sucker Game, why is your Banker the richest man in your Town? Why is your Bank the biggest and finest building in your Town?” – Will Rogers
19. “If you want to be successful, it’s just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing.” – Will Rogers
20. “If you find the right job, you’ll never have to work a day in your life.” – Will Rogers
21. “Do the best you can, and don’t take life too serious.” – Will Rogers
22. “If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing is to stop digging.” – Will Rogers
23. “A vision, without a plan, is just a hallucination.” – Will Rogers
24. “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.” – Will Rogers
Classic Will Rogers quotes
25. Never miss a good chance to shut up.” – Will Rogers
26. “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.” – Will Rogers
27. “There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
28. “There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.” – Will Rogers
29. “Common sense ain’t common.” – Will Rogers
30. “Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip.” – Will Rogers
31. “Everyone is ignorant, only on different subjects.” – Will Rogers
32. “We can’t all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.” – Will Rogers
33. If stupidity got us in this mess, how come it can’t get us out.” – Will Rogers
34. “I don’t make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.” – Will Rogers
35. “Always drink upstream from the herd.” – Will Rogers
36. “Pain is such an uncomfortable feeling that even a tiny amount of it is enough to ruin every enjoyment.” – Will Rogers
37. “Being a hero is about the shortest-lived profession on earth.” – Will Rogers
38. “You’ve got to go out on a limb sometimes because that’s where the fruit is.” – Will Rogers
39. “Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier ‘n puttin’ it back in.” – Will Rogers
40. “A remark generally hurts in proportion to its truth” – Will Rogers
Wise quotes from Will Rogers
40. “Liberty doesn’t work as well in practice as it does in speeches.” – Will Rogers
41. “Many only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.” – Will Rogers
42. “It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, but you can lose it in a minute.” – Will Rogers
43. “The problem ain’t what people know. It’s what people know that ain’t so that’s the problem.” – Will Rogers
44. “The minute you read something that you can’t understand, you can almost be sure that it was drawn up by a lawyer.” – Will Rogers
45. “The greatest loss of time is delay and expectation.” – Will Rogers
46. “If advertisers spent the same amount of money on improving their products as they do on advertising then they wouldn’t have to advertise them.” – Will Rogers
47. “All I know is just what I read in the papers, and that’s an alibi for my ignorance.” – Will Rogers
48. “The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket” – Will Rogers
49. “Buy land. They ain’t making any more of the stuff.” – Will Rogers
50. “Actual knowledge of the future was never lower, but hope was never higher. Confidence will beat predictions any time.” – Will Rogers
More Will Rogers quotes
51. “Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.” – Will Rogers
52. “Rumor travels faster, but it don’t stay put as long as truth.” – Will Rogers
53. “A fool and his money are soon elected.” – Will Rogers
54. “The more you observe politics, the more you’ve got to admit that each party is worse than the other.” – Will Rogers
55. “Ten men in our country could buy the whole world and ten million can’t buy enough to eat.” – Will Rogers
56. “An onion can make people cry, but there has never been a vegetable invented to make them laugh.” – Will Rogers
57. “The difference between death and taxes is death doesn’t get worse every time Congress meets.” – Will Rogers
58. “What the country needs is dirtier fingernails and cleaner minds.” – Will Rogers
59. “It is better for someone to think you’re a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.” – Will Rogers
60. “The best way to make a fire with two sticks is to make sure one of them is a match.” – Will Rogers
Which of these Will Rogers quotes is your favorite?
These Will Rogers quotes are so direct and to the point. They don’t beat around the bush. They don’t use a lot of fancy language. They are simple truths that we can all learn a lot from.
When you look at his long list of life accomplishments, it shows that Rogers knew a thing or two and that his quotes are worth paying attention to.
Choose a few of your favorites and use them as inspiration and motivation in life. Use them to help push yourself to accomplish the things you want to achieve in life. And use them to help yourself become the best that you can be.
Which of these Will Rogers quotes and sayings resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 4, 2021 6:00 AM EST