1923 Quotes From the Hit Prequel to Yellowstone
March 8, 2023 5:02 AM EST
Fans of Taylor Sheridan’s work in Yellowstone and 1883 will love these 1923 quotes!
1923 is a prequel to the hit show Yellowstone and follows the events in the hit mini-series 1883.
The series was created by Taylor Sheridan and premiered on Paramount+ in December of 2022 and has already been renewed for a second season.
1923 stars Helen Mirren, Harrison Ford, Brandon Sklenar, Julia Schlaepfer, and many other talented actors.
The series follows the Dutton family and the difficulties they have after settling on the property in 1883 up to the present time.
We see that the main characters from 1883 have died or been killed by this point, besides the two youngest brothers, John and Spencer.
In the meantime, James Dutton’s brother Jacob Dutton and his wife, Cara Dutton, come to the ranch and raise the boys and the ranch as their own.
Take a look at these 1923 quotes to learn more about the series.
You will also enjoy our article on 1883 quotes.
1923 quotes from Jacob Dutton
1. “You give a man enough time, he’ll figure his way out of anything.” — Jacob Dutton
2. “I’ve been here since 1894, Clive, and I do not remember an easy year.” — Jacob Dutton
3. “Bullies. Bullies whining about the consequences of the rules they broke.” — Jacob Dutton
4. “In my experience, Bob, when the first baby comes, you don’t want to be too picky with your math and a calendar.” — Jacob Dutton
5. “Stealing another man’s grass is like stealing his steers. You graze another man’s lease again, I’ll have your whole flock. And I’m a man of my word.” — Jacob Dutton
1923 quotes from Cara Dutton
6. “Greed will be the thing that kills us all.” — Cara Dutton
7. “Why danger gives men such pleasure I’ll never understand.” — Cara Dutton
8. “You have to want more than the boy. You have to want the life, too.” — Cara Dutton
9. “In this life, there’s no debating which is more important – the wedding or the cattle – it’s always the cattle.” — Cara Dutton
10. “The wedding’s for the woman! If it were for men, we would’ve spat on our hands, shook on it, and then you would’ve bent me over the first thing you could find that would hold our weight…” — Cara Dutton
1923 quotes from Elsa Dutton
11. “Violence has always haunted this family.” — Elsa Dutton
12. “Where it doesn’t follow, we hunt it down. We seek it.” — Elsa Dutton
13. “Only one would carry the fate of this family through the Depression, and every other hell the twentieth century hurled at them.” — Elsa Dutton
14. “Man will always seek to take from others that which he can make for himself. Those are the words that have governed this family.” — Elsa Dutton
15. “He arrived to find my mother frozen in a snow drift; her two boys half-starved and barely able to speak. He raised them as his own, and took my father’s dream – and made it into an Empire… Then the empire crumbled.” — Elsa Dutton
1923 quotes from Spencer
16. “This is Africa. Everything’s dangerous.” — Spencer
17. “Darlin, there are not words to describe the pickle we just found ourselves in.” — Spencer
18. “Are you worried there’s things about me you might not like? I can promise you there’s plenty.” — Spencer
19. “We wait here to morning, and we pray that a pride of lions or a leopard don’t want up this tree, either.” — Spencer
20. “The only reason I’m not killing you right now is because I need a ride to Nairobi in the morning.” — Spencer
Is Life Going Well for the Duttons?
Although Jacob and Cara built the Yellowstone Ranch into a large ranch, they are facing many difficulties.
Spencer has been away at war for years, and the ranch is facing opposition from sheep herders, miners, and the impending Great Depression.
Please share these 1923 quotes with your family and friends that want to see how the Dutton family survives their hardships, and post any comments about 1923 in the comment section.