Our latest collection of motivational Michael Jordan quotes that will inspire you to reach your highest potential.
Of course, Jordan is known for being one of the greatest basketball players of all time, but what’s even more respected amongst his peers was his work ethic on and off the court.
Jordan was obsessed with improvement. He was fully committed to becoming the best he could be in sports and business.
To help you become the best in whatever you pursue, below you’ll find our collection of inspirational, wise, and motivational Michael Jordan quotes and Micheal Jordan sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Enjoy some of our favorite Michael Jordan quotes and gain insight into the mind of an ultimate competitor.
Don’t forget to also check out these Dennis Rodman quotes about his career and life.
Michael Jordan Quotes About Winning In Life
1. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
2. “If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
3. “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.” – Michael Jordan
More Michael Jordan quotes
4. “My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.” – Michael Jordan
5. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
6. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
7. “To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.” – Michael Jordan
More Michael Jordan quotes
8. “Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.” – Michael Jordan
9. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” – Michael Jordan
10. “I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.” – Michael Jordan
11. “I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come.” – Michael Jordan
12. “I’m not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.” – Michael Jordan
13. “I’ve never been afraid to fail.” – Michael Jordan
14. “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
You might also like these motivational Tiger Woods quotes for a successful future.
More Michael Jordan quotes
15. “I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot… when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result.” – Michael Jordan
16. “My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, ‘You never know what you can accomplish until you try.” – Michael Jordan
17. “The game has its ups and downs, but you can never lose focus of your individual goals and you can’t let yourself be beat because of lack of effort.” – Michael Jordan
18. “Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That’s truly about the game, and in some ways that’s about life too.” – Michael Jordan
19. “You have competition every day because you set such high standards for yourself that you have to go out every day and live up to that.” – Michael Jordan
20. “Limits, like fear, is often an illusion.” – Michael Jordan
More Michael Jordan quotes
21. “Sometimes, things may not go your way, but the effort should be there every single night.” – Michael Jordan
22. “I want to wake up every day and do whatever comes in my mind, and not feel pressure or obligations to do anything else in my life.” – Michael Jordan
23. The game of basketball has been everything to me. My place of refuge, place I’ve always gone where I needed comfort and peace. It’s been the site of intense pain and the most intense feelings of joy and satisfaction. It’s a relationship that has evolved over time, given me the greatest respect and love for the game. – Michael Jordan
24. There is no ‘i’ in team but there is in win. – Michael Jordan
25. There is no such thing as a perfect basketball player, and I don’t believe there is only one greatest player either. – Michael Jordan
26. “I want to be the bridge to the next generation.” – Michael Jordan
27. “In any investment, you expect to have fun and make money.” – Michael Jordan
28. “Sometimes you need to get hit in the head to realize that you’re in a fight.” – Michael Jordan
29. “I built my talents on the shoulders of someone else’s talent.” – Michael Jordan
30. “I want to be perceived as a guy who played his best in all facets, not just scoring. A guy who loved challenges.” –Michael Jordan
Michael Jordan quotes to inspire and motivate
31. “Live the moment for the moment.” – Michael Jordan
32. “I realize that I’m black, but I like to be viewed as a person, and this is everybody’s wish.” – Michael Jordan
33. “When I will lose the sense of motivation and the sense to prove something as a basketball player, it’s time for me to move away from the game.” – Michael Jordan
34. “Enjoy every minute of life. Never second-guess life.” – Michael Jordan
35. “Everybody has talent, but ability takes hard work.” – Michael Jordan
36. “If you do the work, you get rewarded. There are no shortcuts in life.” – Michael Jordan
37. “All I knew is that I never wanted to be average.” – Michael Jordan
38. “I believe greatness is an evolutionary process that changes and evolves era to era.” – Michael Jordan
39. “If you quit once it becomes a habit. Never quit.” – Michael Jordan
40. “Practice like you’ve never won. Play like you’ve never lost.” – Michael Jordan
Other inspirational Michael Jordan quotes
41. “When I was young, I had to learn the fundamentals of basketball. You can have all the physical ability in the world, but you still have to know the fundamentals.” – Michael Jordan
42. “I wasn’t really a work-conscious type of person. I was a player. I loved to play sports.” – Michael Jordan
43. “They don’t need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that.” – Michael Jordan
44. “What is love? Love is playing every game as if it’s your last!” – Michael Jordan
45. “If it turns out that my best wasn’t good enough, at least I won’t look back and say I was afraid to try.” – Michael Jordan
46. “I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it is an illusion to me. Failure always made me try harder the next time.” – Michael Jordan
47. “My challenge when I came back was to face the young talent, dissect their games, and show them maybe that they needed to learn more about the game than just the money aspect.” – Michael Jordan
48. “I’ve never lost a game, I just ran out of time.” – Michael Jordan
49. “Being Michael Jordan means acting the same as I always have.” – Michael Jordan
50. “I hope the millions of people I’ve touched have the optimism and desire to share their goals and hard work and perseverance with a positive attitude.” – Michael Jordan
More Michael Jordan quotes and sayings
51. “Another day, another opportunity to prove everyone who doubts you wrong.” – Michael Jordan
52. “Nothing of value comes without being earned.” – Michael Jordan
53. “The harder I prepare, the luckier I seem to get.” – Michael Jordan
54. “If you are confident you have done everything possible to prepare yourself, then there is nothing to fear.” – Michael Jordan
55. “Sometimes a winner is just a dreamer who never gave up.” – Michael Jordan
56. “It’s better to shoot and miss than to let time run out and wonder what if.” – Michael Jordan
57. “My advice is, find fuel in failure. Sometimes failure gets you closer to where you want to be.” – Michael Jordan
58. “All I wanted to do was to improve, to keep getting better.” – Michael Jordan
59. “If you put your mind to doing whatever it is you want to do, good things can happen.” – Michael Jordan
Which Michael Jordan quotes are your favorite?
Michael Jordan is a basketball legend who will always be remembered for his unparalleled accomplishment in the game as well as in business.
As one of the greatest players to have played the game, there is so much we can learn from Jordan; whether or not you’re a basketball fan. Hopefully, these Micheal Jordan quotes have inspired and motivated you to become the best you can be.
Did you enjoy these Michael Jordan quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
May 5, 2019 7:00 AM EST