1883 Quotes From the Hit Western Drama Series
March 9, 2023 5:26 AM EST
Yellowstone Western Drama series fans will love these 1883 quotes from the spinoff television series.
1883 is a spinoff television prequel series from the hit television series Yellowstone.
The series is in the genre of Western Drama and runs on the network Paramount+.
Taylor Sheridan, the co-creator of Yellowstone, is the creator of 1883.
The series stars Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Sam Elliot, Isabel May, Lamonica Garrett, and other talented actors.
1883 is a one-season series that ran from December 2021 through February 2022 and is composed of 10 episodes that vary in length from 44-67 minutes.
The series tells the story of the Dutton family’s journey to settle in Montana.
Post-Civil War, James Dutton and his wife Margaret Dutton take their daughter, son, sister-in-law, and niece and leave Tennessee to journey westward and ultimately settle in Montana.
Take a look at these 1883 quotes to learn more about this popular series.
You will also enjoy our article on 1923 quotes.
1883 quotes from Elsa Dutton
1. “I’m a woman. I pick myself up.” — Elsa Dutton
2. “If everything is what you need, gold can buy it.” — Elsa Dutton
3. “I have no home. Which is to say, my home is everywhere.” — Elsa Dutton
4. “I know death now. I’ve seen it. It had no fangs. It smiled at me. And it was beautiful.” — Elsa Dutton
5. “To import the traditions of the place you fled, the place that failed you, is to condemn the place you seek with the same failures.” — Elsa Dutton
6. “There is no Heaven to go to, because we’re in it already. We’re in hell, too. They coexist. Right beside each other. And God is the land.” — Elsa Dutton
7. “The world doesn’t care if you die. It won’t listen to your screams. If you bleed on the ground, the ground will drink it. It doesn’t care that you’re cut.” — Elsa Dutton
8. “One trait all animals share, people included: no matter where we are or where we wish to be, if we’re there longer than a day, we try to make a home of it.” — Elsa Dutton
9. “There is a moment where your dreams and your memories merge together, and form a perfect world. That is Heaven. And each Heaven is unique. It is the world of you.” — Elsa Dutton
10. “It seems the farther we get from civilization, the more of its rules we leave behind. Its traditions. Its inhibitions. The farther west we travel, the more those rules and customs become a burden.” — Elsa Dutton
1883 quotes from Margaret Dutton
11. “The only rules you need to follow are the ones in your heart.” — Margaret Dutton
12. “A woman’s goal is to never ride a train again because she has a home she never wants to leave.” — Margaret Dutton
13. “Someday, if you’re lucky to find a man or simply find a man who is extremely unlucky, you will learn coffee is a welcome treat after a hard ride.” — Margaret Dutton
14. “It takes years to make something of your life. One decision can change the course of it forever. And we don’t know if that decision is gonna be the one that sinks us until we make it.” — Margaret Dutton
15. “There’s no such thing as freedom. Don’t let anyone tell you there is. There’s laws, there’s rules, there’s customs, responsibilities everywhere. The more people you cram together, the more rules there’ll be.” — Margaret Dutton
1883 quotes from James Dutton
16. “You go looking for trouble, you gonna find it every time.” — James Dutton
17. “The meanest thing you can do to yourself is hate somebody else.” — James Dutton
18. “They can cauterize the outside of you, but time is the only thing that can stitch the inside.” — James Dutton
19. “I can’t treat you like an adult when it suits me and a child when I’m worried. You’re one or the other.” — James Dutton
20. “When you kill a thing, it makes you a little less man, a little more animal. Now we try to find the balance between them. That’s all life is.” — James Dutton
1883 quotes from Shea Brennan
21. “Most terrifying thing on this planet is the unknown.” — Shea Brennan
22. “World ain’t getting better. No matter how many kids are in it.” — Shea Brennan
23. “You got lucky in that field. You got lucky on the street. Hope you got enough luck left for those coming with you.” — Shea Brennan
24. “When you love somebody, you trade souls with them. They get a piece of yours, and you get a piece of theirs. But when your love dies, a little piece of you dies with them.” — Shea Brennan
25. “He’s not a musician! And you’re not a carpenter, and he’s not a f***ing blacksmith. You are pioneers, and that’s all you are until you get there. You have no home, no job, no farm. You have the journey, that’s it.” — Shea Brennan
What Happens Along the Journey Westward
The journey proves to be dangerous, adventurous, and ultimately heartbreaking.
The family experiences the loss of the sister-in-law and her daughter before they are very far into their journey.
Although the Duttons reach a beautiful place, their 17-year-old daughter dies from a wound upon reaching their new home.
Please share these 1883 quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about the television series in the comment section below.