If you want to share some productive messages with your friends and family, AA quotes can serve the purpose well.
That’s why these quotes are so popular among people.
So, sharing these AA quotes with your colleagues, friends, and family would be great.
In addition to the quotes, we have also discussed AA and its impact as an organization.
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
You might also like these related articles:
What is AA?
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) is a group or fellowship of people who are struggling with their addiction to drinking alcohol.
AA was founded in 1935, and two people named Dr. Bob Smith and Bill Wilson are behind this initiative.
It has become a popular organization with millions of members worldwide.
The primary purpose of AA is to assist the members while achieving and maintaining sobriety by following the program.
There are moral and spiritual principles that help people to get rid of their addictions.
Talking about the history of AA is quite interesting.
It all started with the alcohol addiction of both Bill Wilson and Dr. Bob Smith.
Wilson was a stockbroker in New York who used to struggle with alcoholism.
One day, he came across Dr. Bob Smith, who was also an alcoholic.
They realized that by simply sharing their experiences and stories, they could deal with their alcohol addiction.
As a result, they started to stay sober for a longer time.
This led to the foundation of AA.
How AA Works
AA relies on a range of spiritual and moral principles.
These principles are divided into 12 major steps.
These steps consist of guidelines that help alcoholics achieve sobriety.
A few of the steps include:
- Admitting the negative impacts of alcohol.
- Surrendering to a higher power.
- Amending past wrongs.
- Helping and taking care of other alcoholics.
How AA Creates a Profound Impact
AA can cast a profound impact on the lives of alcoholics.
By offering the necessary support to fellow alcoholics, AA strengthens the members to stay sober.
AA offers a supportive and safe environment for people struggling with alcohol addiction.
Since all the members are passing through the same phase, they are honest with each other.
This valuable source provides the required support to fellow alcoholics.
Top 5 AA Quotes
These are the best ‘AA’ quotes you would like to read.
1. “One day at a time.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
2. “If we were to live, we had to be free of anger.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
3. “First of all, we had to quit playing God. It didn’t work.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
4. “There is an island of opportunity in the middle of every difficulty.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
5. “Definition of an alcoholic is an egomaniac with an inferiority complex.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
AA Quotes that are Inspiring
Discover inspiring AA quotes that can motivate and uplift you on your journey to sobriety and self-improvement
6. “To be vital, faith must be accompanied by self-sacrifice and unselfish, constructive action.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
7. “Being a little kinder, a little slower to anger, a little more loving makes my life better—day by day.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
8. “It is a spiritual axiom that every time we are disturbed, no matter what the cause, there is something wrong with us.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
9. “Must keep reminding myself that I am human, that I am doing the best I can, even when that best is sometimes poor.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
10. “We cannot subscribe to the belief that this life is a vale of tears, though it once was just that for many of us. But it is clear that we make our own misery.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
AA Quotes About Alcoholics
The following AA quotes talk about alcoholics and their issues.
11. “To get over drinking will require a transformation of thought and attitude.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
12. “Resentment is the “number one” offender. It destroys more alcoholics than anything else.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
13. “The greatest enemies of us alcoholics are resentment, jealousy, envy, frustration, and fear.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
14. “Remember that we deal with alcohol—cunning, baffling, powerful! Without help, it is too much for us. But there is One who has all power—that One is God.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
15. “When we became alcoholics, crushed by a self-imposed crisis we could not postpone or evade, we had to fearlessly face the proposition that either God is everything, or else He is nothing. God either is or He isn’t. What was our choice to be?” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
AA Quotes About Recouping
Below are AA quotes showing the different aspects of recouping.
16. “My stability came out of trying to give, not out of demanding that I receive.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
17. “It was a great relief to me to learn that I simply didn’t have to understand. After all, you don’t have to know how a tree grows to make a fence out of wood.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
18. “Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
19. “We needed new habits of activity to fill those open spaces and utilize the nervous energy previously absorbed by our preoccupation, or our obsession, with drinking.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
20. “To define the word “harm” in a practical way, we might call it the result of instincts in collision, which cause physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual damage to people.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
More AA Quotes
Here are some more AA quotes with different types of messages.
21. “Miraculously, the only way to keep the gifts of the program is to pass them on.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
22. “It is not always the quantity of good things that you do; it is also the quality that counts.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
23. “True ambition is the profound desire to live usefully and walk humbly under the grace of God.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
24. “The more we become willing to depend upon a Higher Power, the more independent we actually are.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
25. “As I began to understand my own powerlessness and my dependence on God, as I understand Him, I began to see that there was a life which, if I could have it, I would have chosen for myself from the beginning.” ― Alcoholics Anonymous
Which of these AA Quotes is your Favorite?
No doubt, AA has turned out as a powerful tool and a miracle for alcoholics.
By sharing these quotes, you can help others know about this organization and help someone who is struggling with alcohol addiction.
In addition, we’ve presented the quotes under relevant sections, so finding your favorite AA quote shouldn’t be an issue.
If you have already found one that inspires you the most, do share it with us via the comments section.
We are also open to your helpful suggestions and feedback.
Looking forward to hearing from you.