These Big Lebowski quotes from the Coen Brothers classic are comedy gold.
There are no best friends more different from each other than The Dude and Walter Sobchak. One is a laid back, sarcastic bachelor without a care and the other is a tough and aggressive Vietnam vet.
Yet, despite their differences, they are best friends and a big reason why we love this cult classic so much. The one liners from Jeff Bridges and John Goodman are hilarious and applicable to everyday life, which is probably why these lines are so quotable.
Big Lebowski quotes for when you’re done with life
1.) “F*ck it, dude. Let’s go bowling.” — Walter Sobchak
2.) “Mind if I do a J?” — The Dude
3.) “Strikes and gutters, ups and downs.” – The Dude
4.) “I had a rough night and I hate the Eagles, man.” — The Dude
Big Lebowski quotes that are hilarious
5.) “Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.” — The Stranger
6.) “I can’t be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man.” — The Dude
7.) “Nobody is going to cut you off. Not if I have anything to say about it.” — Walter Sobchak
8.) “This aggression will not stand, man.” — The Dude
9.) “Donny was a good bowler, and a good man.” – Walter Sobchak
Also read these quotes from Ron Swanson that will inspire you to live your life on your own terms.
Big Lebowski quotes that make us laugh
10.) “Just because we’re bereaved, that doesn’t make us saps!” — Walter Sobchak
11.) “Forget it, Donny, You’re out of your element!” — Walter Sobchak
12.) “This is not ‘Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.” — Walter Sobchak
13.) “Sooner or later you are going to have to face the fact that you’re a moron.” — The Dude
14.) “Do you see a wedding ring on my finger? Does this place look like I’m married? The toilet seat’s up, man!” — The Dude
15.) “She’s not my special lady, she’s my lady friend.” — The Dude
Best One-liners from The Great Lebowski
16.) “Obviously you’re not a golfer.” — The Dude
17.) “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude
18.) “I’m the Dude.” – The Dude
19.) “Nobody f*cks with the Jesus.” — The Jesus
20.) “At least I’m housebroken.” — The Dude
Don’t forget to also check out these Steven Wright quotes that will bust your sides open.
Other Big Lebowski quotes
21. “Life does not start and stop at your convenience, you miserable piece of shit.” – Walter Sobchack
22. “This is not ‘Nam, this is bowling there are rules.” – Etan coen Joel Coen
23. “It’s a male myth about feminists that we hate sex.” – Maude Lebowski
24. “Well that’s like, your opinion, man.” – Jeff Bridges
25. “The everybody-loves-Jeff Bridges home base is, of course, ‘The Big Lebowski.'” – Stephen Rodrick
26. “The Big Lebowski’ gave me my first false sense of intellectual superiority.” – Josh Gondelman
27. “I like ‘The Big Lebowski’. The Dude is my man. My brother and I can quote that.” – Kirby Bliss Blanton
28. “I just went and saw ‘Crazy, Stupid, Love.’ Julianne Moore – I’ve been in love with her since ‘Boogie Nights.’ But also, ‘The Big Lebowski.” – Kyle Chandler
29. “The Big Lebowski’ was something we wrote for Jeff Bridges, and we set it aside for a couple of years because he wasn’t available.” – Ethan Coen
30. “With ‘The Big Lebowski,’ we were really consciously thinking about doing a Raymond Chandler story, as much as it’s about L.A.” – Ethan Coen
Which of these Big Lebowski quotes do you think is the most relatable?
It’s hard not to love The Dude. He’s just a regular guy who loves to bowl. He’s relatable, and that’s what makes this movie so quotable. This isn’t just another stoner crime comedy film — it’s a film about life, man.
The Big Lebowski was released almost 22 years ago in 1998. Since then it has become a cult classic, loved by many. So, slip into a comfy robe, pour yourself a White Russian and get ready to share these quotes with your bowling-loving friends.
December 31, 2019 7:00 AM EST