Fans of Greek mythology will love these Achilles quotes from the movie Troy!
Achilles is a fictional demi-god warrior that is part of Greek mythology most well known from Homer’s Iliad, on which the movie Troy is loosely based.
Actor Brad Pitt plays Achilles in the movie Troy which was released in 2004 to much success.
It grossed over $497 million against a budget of $175 to $185 million.
Achilles is a great Greek warrior, widely considered the best warrior ever, and has given King Agamemnon many victories.
However, Achilles despises King Agamemnon and initially refuses to join him in taking over the city of Troy, but Troy’s mother and King Odysseus convince him to join the war.
Achilles then leads his Myrmidons as the Greeks take the Trojan beach.
Take a look at these Achilles quotes to learn more about this great warrior.
Best Achilles Quotes for Troy Fans
Enjoy these memorable quotes from Achilles in the film.
1. “You were brave to fight them. You have courage.” — Achilles
2. “I chose nothing. I was born, and this is what I am.” — Achilles
3. “Everyone dies, whether today or fifty years from now.” — Achilles
4. “At night, I see their faces. All the men I’ve killed.” — Achilles
5. “It’s too early in the day to be killing princes.” — Achilles
6. “If you sailed any slower, the war would be over.” — Achilles
7. “Play your tricks on me. But not on my cousin.” — Achilles
8. “I’ve killed men in five countries, never a priest.” — Achilles
9. “You are free. If I hurt you, it’s not what I wanted.” — Achilles
10. “There are no pacts between lions and men.” — Achilles
11. “I know more about the gods than your priests. I’ve seen them.” — Achilles
12. “But in this war, you’re a servant. And I refuse to be a servant any longer.” — Achilles
13. “You gave me peace in a lifetime of war.” — Achilles
14. “You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.” — Achilles
15. “Imagine a king who fights his own battles. Wouldn’t that be a sight?” — Achilles
Brave Achilles Quotes
These quotes teach you more about the character and his role in the story.
16. “You are a brave man. I could have your head on a spit in the blink of an eye.” — Achilles
17. “Why kill you now, Prince of Troy, with no one here to see you fall?” — Achilles
18. “I want what all men want; I just want it more. You don’t need to fear me, girl.” — Achilles
19. “Do you know what’s waiting beyond that beach? Immortality!” — Achilles
20. “Trojan soldiers died protecting you. Perhaps they deserve more than your pity.” — Achilles
21. “Drink some wine, make love to your wife. Tomorrow, we’ll have our war.” — Achilles
22. “Perhaps your brother can comfort them. I hear he’s good at charming other men’s wives.” — Achilles
23. “The Gods envy us. They envy us because we’re mortal because any moment might be our last.” — Achilles
24. “I would rather fight beside you than any army of thousands! Let no man forget how menacing we are; we are lions!” — Achilles
25. “You will wander the underworld blind, deaf, and dumb, and all the dead will know: This is Hector. The fool who thought he killed Achilles.” — Achilles
Does Achilles Lead the Greeks in Taking the City of Troy?
Achilles captures the priestess Briseis, but King Agamemnon takes her away, which angers Achilles, so he quits the fight.
Troy’s great warrior Hector then leads his army to defeat the Greeks and drive them backward, but he also kills Achilles’ nephew Patroclus who was dressed as Achilles.
This angers Achilles, who then rejoins the fight, kills Hector, and takes the city of Troy, but is killed by Hector’s younger brother Paris as the Trojans flee the city.
Please share these Achilles quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about Achilles in the comment section below.
You might also like our article on The Song of Achilles quotes.