These waiting quotes will give you strength when you need to be patient and wait.
Whether you’re expecting good news or bad news, nobody likes waiting. This collection of waiting quotes will give you the power to deal with having to wait.
Are you waiting for someone you love to come back? Missing someone and patiently waiting for them to return can be painful. Are you waiting for a new opportunity to begin in your life? Waiting for something exciting can lead to anticipation and stress.
These waiting quotes are proof that some things in life are worth the wait. If you’re feeling impatient, take a deep breath and read this collection of wise words.
When you finally reach the finish line, you’ll realize that it was worth the wait. Changing your perspective and mindset will make the time pass by fast.
Share these waiting quotes with your friends and family to give them strength and patience.
Don’t forget to also check out these patience quotes on life, love and success.
Waiting quotes to inspire patience
1. “Patience is not simply the ability to wait – it’s how we behave while we’re waiting.” – Joyce Meyer
2. “Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.” – Billy Graham
3. “Whatever we are waiting for – peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance – it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
4. “Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering.” – Paulo Coelho
5. “It is strange that the years teach us patience; that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting.” – Elizabeth Taylor
6. “You usually have to wait for that which is worth waiting for.” – Craig Bruce
7. “Most of us are waiting. We’re waiting for something interesting to happen. And I think we’re going to wait forever if we don’t do something more interesting with our lives.” – Donald Miller
8. “You can’t stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” – A. A. Milne
9. “But the important thing about learning to wait, I feel sure, is to know what you are waiting for.” – Anna Neagle
10. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
Waiting quotes to cope with the stress and anxiety
11. “The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” – Eden Phillpotts
12. “We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
13. “There’s no such thing as failure – just waiting for success.” – John Osborne
14. “Maturity includes the recognition that no one is going to see anything in us that we don’t see in ourselves. Stop waiting for a producer. Produce yourself.” – Marianne Williamson
15. “The opposite of talking isn’t listening. The opposite of talking is waiting.” – Fran Lebowitz
16. “If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?” – Stephen Levine
17. “A young man without ambition is an old man waiting to be.” – Steven Brust
18. “Waiting is the great vocation of the dispossessed.” – Mary Gordon
19. “Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it.” – Jules Renard
20. “Nothing’s going to come to you by sitting around and waiting for it.” – Zoe Kazan
Waiting quotes that show some things in life are worth the wait
21. “I believe that a trusting attitude and a patient attitude go hand in hand. You see, when you let go and learn to trust God, it releases joy in your life. And when you trust God, you’re able to be more patient. Patience is not just about waiting for something… it’s about how you wait, or your attitude while waiting.” – Joyce Meyer
22. “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.” – Morris West
23. “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” – Sharon Begley
24. “I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning.” – J. B. Priestley
25. “Waiting for the spark from heaven to fall.” – Matthew Arnold
26. “Perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
27. “There are many persons ready to do what is right because in their hearts they know it is right. But they hesitate, waiting for the other fellow to make the first move – and he, in turn, waits for you.” – Marian Anderson
28. “Waiting is a period of learning. The longer we wait, the more we hear about him for whom we are waiting.” – Henri Nouwen
29. “The world is all gates, all opportunities, strings of tension waiting to be struck.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
30. “I was taught to think the next week or month or year will only get better than it is today. So I just keep waiting to see how great it will get!” – Stevie Ray Vaughan
Waiting quotes that will change your perspective
31. “Waiting and hoping are the whole of life, and as soon as a dream is realized it is destroyed.” – Gian Carlo Menotti
32. “Sitting on my butt waiting on opportunities won’t do me any good.” – Amber Liu
33. “Godot is whatever it is in life that you are waiting for: ‘I’m waiting to win the lottery. I’m waiting to fall in love’. For me, as a child, it was Christmas. At least that eventually came.” – Ian Mckellen
34. “Again and again, the impossible problem is solved when we see that the problem is only a tough decision waiting to be made.” – Robert H. Schuller
35. “I can imagine few things more trying to the patience than the long wasted days of waiting.” – Robert Falcon Scott
36. “My whole life is waiting for the questions to which I have prepared answers.” – Tom Stoppard
37. “I want to do things – scuba diving, sky diving, seeing the world. I’m an avid supporter of living life to its fullest and not always waiting for tomorrow.” – Teri Polo
38. “There’s two times of the year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.” – Darius Rucker
39. “You cannot afford to wait for perfect conditions. Goal setting is often a matter of balancing timing against available resources. Opportunities are easily lost while waiting for perfect conditions.” – Gary Ryan Blair
40. “The best things in life are often waiting for you at the exit ramp of your comfort zone.” – Karen Salmansohn
Other waiting quotes and sayings
41. “On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died.” – George W. Cecil
42. “The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.” – Melody Beattie
43. “Life is difficult, and if you sit around waiting for the fun to show up, you’ll find yourself going without it more often than not.” – Jill Biden
44. “I am ready any time. Do not keep me waiting.” – John Mason Brown
45. “There is a difference between listening and waiting for your turn to speak.” – Simon Sinek
46. “You don’t waste your entire life waiting to go back to dust.” – Reba McEntire
47. “Infuse your life with action. Don’t wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen… yourself, right now, right down here on Earth.” – Bradley Whitford
48. “Life was always a matter of waiting for the right moment to act.” – Paulo Coelho
49. “Your heart is full of fertile seeds, waiting to sprout.” – Morihei Ueshiba
50. “But if we learn to think of it as anticipation, as learning, as growing, if we think of the time we spend waiting for the big things of life as an opportunity instead of a passing of time, what wonderful horizons open out!” – Anna Neagle
What are your favorite waiting quotes to help you pass the time?
When you’re waiting for someone or something, it may seem like time is passing especially slow. If you want the time to pass faster, it’s important to keep your mind occupied.
Read this collection of waiting quotes to cope with the stress and anxiety you’re experiencing. Your wait will soon be over and you’ll realize that the wait was worth it.
What’s worth waiting for in life? You might wait for love, success, money, or some other desire or goal. These waiting quotes highlight what it feels like to be patiently waiting for something that you really want. If you’re patient, your wait will seem short and manageable.
What are your favorite waiting quotes and sayings that help you practice patience? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 7, 2020 7:00 AM EST