These Phenomenal Woman quotes will appeal to fans of poems and especially to both women and men who want to know why women are so phenomenal!
Phenomenal Woman is a book of four poems that was released in 1995 with the official title of Phenomenal Woman: Four Poems Celebrating Women.
Tell us your favorite Phenomenal Woman quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these Phenomenal Woman quotes?
The famous poet Maya Angelou wrote the book, which is highly rated.
The four poems in the book are “Phenomenal Woman,” “Still I Rise,” “Weekend Glory,” and “Our Grandmothers.”
These four poems celebrate women for who they are instead of what society may feel they should be or look like.
The book shows how beautiful and confident a woman can be.
She should be proud of:
- her accomplishments
- who she is as a person
Enjoy these classic Phenomenal Woman quotes from the book!
Classic Phenomenal Woman quotes!
Take a look at some of the most classic quotes from the book.
1. “I don’t shout or jump about / Or have to talk real loud.” ― Maya Angelou
2. “When you see me passing / It ought to make you proud.” ― Maya Angelou
3. “Men themselves have wondered / What they see in me.” ― Maya Angelou
4. “They try so much / But they can’t touch / My inner mystery.” ― Maya Angelou
5. “I’m a woman / Phenomenally. / Phenomenal woman, / That’s me.” ― Maya Angelou
6. “If I am not good to myself, how can I expect anyone else to be good to me?” ― Maya Angelou
7. “Water isn’t shaped like a river or ocean; it mists invisibly against metal and glass.” ― Maya Angelou
8. “If you’re always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.” ― Maya Angelou
9. “It’s the arch of my back, / The sun of my smile, / The ride of my breasts, / The grace of my style.” ― Maya Angelou
10. “Pretty women wonder where my secret lies. / I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion models’ size.” ― Maya Angelou
Deep Phenomenal Woman quotes
Take a moment to enjoy just how phenomenal women are when reading these quotes!
11. “When you learn, teach. / When you get, give.” ― Maya Angelou
12. “You have tried to destroy me / and though I perish daily, / I shall not be moved.” ― Maya Angelou
13. “Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave, / I am in the dream and the hope of the slave.” ― Maya Angelou
14. “They accuse me of living’ / from day to day, / but who are they kiddin’? / So are they.” ― Maya Angelou
15. “The fellows stand or / Fall down on their knees. / Then they swarm around me, / a hive of honey bees.” ― Maya Angelou
16. “It’s the fire in my eyes / And the flash of my teeth / The swing in my waist / And the joy in my feet. / I’m a woman / Phenomenally.” ― Maya Angelou
17. “Does my sexiness upset you? / Does it come as a surprise / That I dance like I’ve got diamonds / At the meeting of my thighs?” ― Maya Angelou
18. “It’s in the click of my heels, / The bend of my hair, / the palm of my hand, / The need of my care, / ‘Cause I’m a woman / Phenomenally.” ― Maya Angelou
19. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” ― Maya Angelou
20. “Do you want to see me broken? / Bowled head and lowered eyes? / Shoulders falling down like teardrops, / Weakened by my soulful cries?” ― Maya Angelou
Why is Phenomenal Woman so successful
The success of Phenomenal Woman comes from both Maya Angelou’s skills as a writer and the subject of how phenomenal women are.
As Maya Angelou shows in the book, outside beauty is not important; a woman’s inner beauty makes her phenomenal.
Please share these Phenomenal Woman quotes with your family and friends and post any comments in the comment section below.