Anna Wintour Quotes From the British Journalist
May 15, 2023 4:13 AM EST
Fans of the fashion industry will enjoy these Anna Wintour quotes!
Anna Wintour’s full name is Dame Anna Wintour.
She was born in London, England, in 1949 but currently has dual citizenship in both the United States and the United Kingdom.
She is a British journalist who has been Vogue’s editor-in-chief since 1988 and Conde Nast’s Global Chief Content Officer since 2020.
Anna is famous for her eye for emerging fashion trends and her direct, rough, and demanding personality.
She is also known for her distinct style of wearing a pageboy bob haircut combined with her dark designer sunglasses.
Her personality and success led one of Anna’s former assistants to write the book The Devil Wears Prada about her time working for Anna.
The book was later turned into a movie which led to Anna becoming even more famous than she already was.
Take a look at these Anna Wintour quotes to learn more about this hard-charging woman.
You will also enjoy our article on fashion quotes.
Best Anna Wintour Quotes
Take a look at some of Anna Wintour’s best quotes!
1. “Imperfection is fine.” — Anna Wintour
2. “I’ve never taken a selfie, and I don’t plan to start now.” — Anna Wintour
3. “The best way to make dreams come true is to wake up.” — Anna Wintour
4. “It’s the mishaps that make it fun and brings you the surprise.” — Anna Wintour
5. “You have to know how to talk about your vision, your focus, and what you believe in.” — Anna Wintour
6. “For us, creativity means thinking about the lives of our audience and how to connect with them.” — Anna Wintour
7. “I think everyone should get sacked at least once. It was definitely a good thing for what it taught me.” — Anna Wintour
8. “The notion that a contemporary woman must look mannish in order to be taken seriously as a seeker of power is frankly dismaying.” — Anna Wintour
9. “If you look at any great fashion photograph out of context, it will tell you just as much about what’s going on in the world as a headline in the New York Times.” — Anna Wintour
10. “Mental health is an area where people are embarrassed. They don’t want to talk about it because somehow they feel they’re a failure as a parent or, you know, they’re embarrassed for their child or they want to protect their child, lots of very good reasons, but mental health, I feel, is something that you have to talk about.” — Anna Wintour
Anna Wintour Quotes About Success
Here are some quotes from Anna about success.
11. “It’s always about timing.” — Anna Wintour
12. “I’m very driven by what I do. I am certainly very competitive.” — Anna Wintour
13. “I don’t believe in wasting anybody’s time. I like to be honest.” — Anna Wintour
14. “I think I’m decisive, and I like to get things done quickly. So if that comes across as intimidation, I’m sorry to hear it.” — Anna Wintour
15. “In today’s world, you have to interact. You can’t be some difficult, shy person who is not able to look somebody in the face; you have to present yourself.” — Anna Wintour
16. “To be famous these days with no grounding and no substance is not especially difficult. I urge you instead to seek to be relevant, to be agile and educated.” — Anna Wintour
17. “If you’re an overnight sensation, you can be yesterday’s news in no time. Whereas building something slowly and carefully that has value and quality, that’s what’s going to have legs.” — Anna Wintour
Anna Wintour Quotes About Fashion
Enjoy these fashion quotes from Anna Wintour.
18. “Fashion is a reflection of the time.” — Anna Wintour
19. “If you can’t be better than your competition, just dress better.” — Anna Wintour
20. “Fashion’s not about looking back. It’s always about looking forward.” — Anna Wintour
21. “’ Vogue’ is a fashion magazine, and a fashion magazine is about change.” — Anna Wintour
22. “To me, fashion is ceaselessly fascinating because it is an expression of self.” — Anna Wintour
23. “Create your own style; let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others.” — Anna Wintour
24. “I’ve been thinking a lot about the speed and spectacle in today’s fashion industry because they seem to mirror stresses in other creative fields.” — Anna Wintour
25. “Fashion today is available to everybody in a way that it’s never been before: you’ve got every designer you’ve ever heard of working for H&M or Target. That’s fantastic.” — Anna Wintour
What was Anna’s Early Life Like?
Anna was born in London, England, to her father, Charles Wintour, and her mother, an American named Eleanor Trego Baker.
Her mother was the daughter of a Harvard Law professor, and her dad was the editor of the Evening Standard in London.
She showed an interest in fashion from a young age, and her father would consult with her on how to increase the viewership of his paper in the youth market.
Please share these Anna Wintour quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about Anna in the comment section below.