Our latest collection of creativity quotes on Everyday Power Blog. Enjoy!
Creativity can be defined as the ability to use our imagination and unique ideas to make something. It is a habit of life that comes in many different forms.
Creativity is one of the most important traits we possess as human beings. It is because of creativity that we are able to achieve success in life. When we come across challenges and obstacles, it’s our creativity that allows us to see the opportunities hidden in them.
Every one of us is creative. In fact, we are all born creative and use our innovativeness and imagination to negotiate life. But due to self-doubt and other limiting thoughts, we sometimes find it difficult to express who we truly are.
When you feel like you’re stuck and that you’re not good enough, reading some words of inspiration can get your creative juices flowing again.
Here are some powerful creativity quotes that will awaken your imagination and inspire you to be true to yourself and your dreams.
Creativity Quotes About Expressing Your Real Self
1. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
2. “Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties.” ~Erich Fromm
3. “Creativity is God’s gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God.” ~ Julia Cameron
4. “Creativity itself doesn’t care at all about results – the only thing it craves is the process.” ~Elizabeth Gilbert
5. “Creativity comes from trust. trust your instincts. And never hope more than you work.” – Rita Mae Brown
6. “I’m experimental by nature… always exploring my creativity. – Christina Aguilera
7. “If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.” – Pablo Picasso
8. “The thing about creativity is, people are going to laugh at it. Get over it.” – Twyla Tharp
9. “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” – Sylvia Plath
10. “Make an empty space in any corner of your mind, and creativity will instantly fill it.” – Dee Hock
Creativity quotes to awaken your imagination
11. “Creativity is a wild mind and a disciplined eye.” – Dorothy Parker
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Dorothy Parker quotes that will help you uncover life’s secrets.
12. “Creative isn’t the way I think, it’s the way I like to live.” – Paul Sandip
13. “Creativity requires input, and that’s what research is. You’re gathering material with which to build.” – Gene Luen Yang
14. “Imagination is more important than knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
15. “Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas” – Donatella Versace
16. “The heart and soul of the company is creativity and innovation.” – Bob Iger
17. ““Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up” – Pablo Picasso
18. “Creativity is the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.” – William Plomer
19. “Creativity is the ability to introduce order into the randomness of nature.” – Eric Hoffer
20. “Creativity is nothing but a mind set free.” –Torrie T. Asai
Also read these powerful design quotes that will boost your creativity.
Creativity quotes to inspire you to be true to yourself
21. “The chief enemy of creativity is good sense.” ~Pablo Picasso
22. “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” ~Scott Adams
23. “The most creative act you will ever undertake is the act of creating yourself.” – Deepak Chopra
24. “Rational thoughts never drive people’s creativity the way emotions do.” – Neil deGrasse Tyson
25. “In order to be open to creativity, one must have the capacity for constructive use of solitude. One must overcome the fear of being alone.” – Rollo May
26. “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.”– Vincent van Gogh
27. “Creativity is nothing but the way to solve new problems.” – Diana Santos
28. “Creativity is one of the last remaining legal ways of gaining an unfair advantage over the competition.” – Ed Mc Cabe
29. ” Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.” – Martin Luther King
30. “You don’t have to be ‘a creative’ to be creative.” –Droby Ben-Menachem
Creativity quotes to motivate and inspire you
31. “Creativity makes a leap, then looks to see where it is.” ~Mason Cooley
32. “Creativity is a great motivator because it makes people interested in what they are doing.” ~Edward de Bono
33. “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That’s because they were able to connect experiences they’ve had and synthesize new things.” – Steve Jobs
34. “Creativity is a drug I cannot live without” – Cecil B. DeMille
35. “Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last, you create what you will” – George Bernard Shaw
36. “Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change.” – Brené Brown
37. “The world is but a canvas to the imagination.” – Henry David Thoreau
38. “Creativity doesn’t wait for that perfect moment. It fashions its own perfect moments out of ordinary ones.”– Bruce Garrabrandt
39. “The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.” – Arthur Clarke
40. “Creativity comes from looking for the unexpected and stepping outside your own experience.” – Masaru Ibuka
Don’t forget to also read these innovation quotes and sayings that will motivate you to create.
Creativity quotes that will inspire you to look at things differently
41. “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” ~Albert Einstein
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of logic quotes about the power of decision making.
42. “Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.” – Mary Lou Cook
43. “Creativity is breaking out of established patterns to look at things in a different way.” ~Edward de Bono
44. “The artist is not a special kind of person; rather each person is a special kind of artist.” – Ananda Coomaraswamy
45. “Making the simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity.” ~Charles Mingus
46. “Creativity is contagious, pass it on.” – Albert Einstein
47. “You can’t wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club” – Jack London
48. “Solitude is creativity’s best friend, and solitude is refreshment for our souls.” – Naomi Judd
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of solitude quotes to bring you peace.
49. “If you want creative workers, give them enough time to play.”– John Cleese
50. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” –Abraham Lincoln
Have you seen these drawing quotes to speak to the artist in you?
Other inspirational creativity quotes
51. “To be creative means to be in love with life.” ~Osho
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Osho quotes on how to live life and find inspiration.
52. “The field of creativity that exists within each individual is freed by moving out of ideas of wrong-doing or right doing.” – Angeles Arrien
53. “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” – Albert Einstein
54. “Your soul is infinitely creative. It is alive and expansive in nature. It is curious and playful, changing with the tides of time.” – Debbie Ford
55. “Almost all creativity requires purposeful play.” – Abraham Maslow
56. “Art, freedom and creativity will change society faster than politics.” – Victor Pinchuk
57. “Creativity is the way I share my soul with the world.”- Brene Brown
58. “My humor is my creativity, and my skepticism is a gift.” – J. Tillman
59. “I can always be distracted by love, but eventually I get horny for my creativity.” – Gilda Radner
60. “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.”– Henry David Thoreau
You might also like these powerful imagination quotes that will inspire you to unleash the untapped treasures in your mind.
More creativity quotes and sayings
61. “Creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.” – C.E.M. Joad
62. “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” – Albert Einstein
63. “Creativity takes courage.” – Henri Matisse
64. “What keeps life fascinating is the constant creativity of the soul.” – Deepak Chopra
65. “I criticize by creation, not by finding fault.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
66. “We become what we behold. We shape our tools, and thereafter our tools shape us.” – Marshall McLuhan
67. “Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative place where no one else has ever been.” – Alan Alda
68. “Clear thinking at the wrong moment can stifle creativity.” – Karl Lagerfeld
69. “Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.” – George Lois
70. “Creativity is a gift. It doesn’t come through if the air is cluttered.” – John Lennon
Which of these creativity quotes was your favorite?
Creativity is crucial if you want to succeed in life. Although many people may not realize it, all of us are born with massive creativity. It’s upon you to cultivate it so you can discover the endless opportunities around you.
We all have a wellspring of creative energy within us. Hopefully, these quotes have inspired you to live better and to be true to yourself and your visions.
Did you enjoy these creativity quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and loved ones.
March 26, 2021 5:47 AM EST