Looking for thought-provoking Anne Frank quotes about life and humanity?
Anne Frank was a world-famous German-born diarist and one of the most discussed Jewish victims of the Holocaust.
Her work, The Diary of Anne Frank, documents her life in hiding from 1942 to 1944, and has been read by millions.
Anne was born in Frankfurt, Germany, on June 12, 1929.
At the age of four and a half, she moved with her family to Amsterdam, fleeing Nazi persecution of Jews.
She hid from the Nazis for 2 years before she was discovered and moved to the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, where she died in 1945.
Anne Frank is an inspirational figure for people all over the world and is a testament to the power of expression.
We hope you love these Anne Frank quotes as much as we do!
Don’t forget to also read these Viktor Frankl quotes on life, suffering and success.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Inspirational Anne Frank Quotes
1. “Whoever is happy will make others happy too.” – Anne Frank
2. “Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.” – Anne Frank
3. “The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be.” – Anne Frank
4. “Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank
5. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
6. “Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!” – Anne Frank
7. “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.” – Anne Frank
8. “How true Daddy’s words were when he said: all children must look after their own upbringing. Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank
9. “Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction.” – Anne Frank
The Diary of Anne Frank Quotes
10. “In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can’t build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery and death.” – Anne Frank
11. “Writing in a diary is a really strange experience for someone like me. Not only because I’ve never written anything before, but also because it seems to me that later on neither I nor anyone else will be interested in the musings of a thirteen-year old school girl. Oh well, it doesn’t matter. I feel like writing.” – Anne Frank
12. “I know what I want, I have a goal, an opinion, I have a religion and love. Let me be myself and then I am satisfied. I know that I’m a woman, a woman with inward strength and plenty of courage.” – Anne Frank
13. “We aren’t allowed to have any opinions. People can tell you to keep your mouth shut, but it doesn’t stop you having your own opinion. Even if people are still very young, they shouldn’t be prevented from saying what they think.” – Anne Frank
14. “Women should be respected as well! Generally speaking, men are held in great esteem in all parts of the world, so why shouldn’t women have their share? Soldiers and war heroes are honored and commemorated, explorers are granted immortal fame, martyrs are revered, but how many people look upon women too as soldiers?” – Anne Frank
You might also like these memorable Holocaust quotes for remembering
Anne Frank Quotes about dreams and life
15. “It’s difficult in times like these: ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality. It’s a wonder I haven’t abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical. Yet I cling to them because I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.” – Anne Frank
16. “What is done cannot be undone, but one can prevent it happening again.” – Anne Frank
17. “I don’t think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains.” – Anne Frank
18. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
19. “It’s really a wonder that I haven’t dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.” – Anne Frank
20. “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.” – Anne Frank
Anne Frank quotes that will change the way you think
21. “I can shake off everything as I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn.” – Anne Frank
22. “I’ve found that there is always some beauty left — in nature, sunshine, freedom, in yourself; these can all help you.” – Anne Frank
23. “No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank
24. “Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank
25. “Because paper has more patience than people.” – Anne Frank
Which Anne Frank quotes are your favorite?
Although she lived a relatively short life, Anne Frank is an inspiration to many.
Her life ended in a Nazi death camp but her story still continues to fascinate and resonate.
Anne Frank’s diary is popular throughout the world and has become a symbol of hope and aspiration for the future.
Hopefully, the above quotes have inspired and uplifted your spirits.
Did you enjoy these Anne Frank quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
August 11, 2022 5:00 AM EST