Sit back and enjoy reading this funny yet thoughtful The Edge of Seventeen quotes.
The Edge of Seventeen is a comedy-drama film that is accurate and relatable for a coming-of-age movie.
The story follows Nadine Franklin, a seventeen-year-old high schooler and her journey to navigate the uncertain world of growing up and being socially awkward without any real friends.
This series is about finding out who you are and learning to love yourself against all the odds.
In addition, it mildly tackled the temptation of suicide because of being alone and unable to connect to the rest of the world, which has been a rising scenario over the past decade.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of The Babysitters club quotes to remind you of your childhood friends.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
The Edge of Seventeen quotes from Nadine Franklin
1. “There are two types of people in the world: The people who naturally excel at life. And the people who hope all those people die in a big explosion.” — Nadine Franklin
You will also enjoy our article on Jabba the Hutt quotes.
2. “I just had a horrible thought… I’m going to have to spend the rest of my life with myself.” — Nadine Franklin
You will also enjoy our article on home alone quotes.
3. “Nick, I like you. I want you to put your mouth on my tits. We can do it in the Petland stockroom.” — Nadine Franklin
4. “Don’t be awkward. Socialize.” — Nadine Franklin
5. “Please. Please, god, help me. Why do I even bother? Why do I even… You’ve never given me one thing. Any time I ask you for anything, you’re like, ‘oh, you need help with something? Let me help you. I’m just playing. I’m gonna butt-fuck you some more’.” — Nadine Franklin
6. “My mom has to take medicine, or she’ll get upset and buy too much at the mall.” — Nadine Franklin
7. “You know, ever since we were little, I would get this feeling like… Like I’m floating outside of my body, looking down at myself… And I hate what I see… How I’m acting, the way I sound. And I don’t know how to change it. And I’m so scared… That the feeling is never gonna go away.” — Nadine Franklin
8. “You know what? I’m gonna go ahead, and I’m gonna tell you the real reason I’m having my lunch with you today. You see, I don’t really have any friends, at the moment, and, to be completely honest with you, I’m not interested. At all.” — Nadine Franklin
9. “My entire generation is a bunch of mouth breathers. They literally have a seizure if you take their phone away for a second, they can’t communicate without emojis, and they actually think that the world wants to know that they are “eating a taco, exclamation point, smiley face, smiley face”, like we give a fuck.” — Nadine Franklin
10. “I… am an old soul. I like old music, and old movies, and even old people. I have nothing in common with the people out there, and they have nothing in common with me.” — Nadine Franklin
11. “It’s a big house. You’re bored. You know what you need? You need someone to rob you so you can reenact home alone.” — Nadine Franklin
Check out our collection of Sixteen Candles quotes if you enjoy this article.
The Edge of Seventeen quotes from conversations between Nadine and Mr. Bruner
12. Nadine: “I don’t want to take up too much of your time but I’m going to kill myself. I just thought that an adult should know.”
Mr. Bruner: “Wow, actually, I was writing my own suicide note just now. ‘My 32 fleeting minutes of happiness during lunch, which has been eaten up again and again by the same especially badly dressed student and I thought I would rather have the dark nothingness.’”
13. Mr. Bruner: “Are you having a problem today, Nadine?”
Nadine: “Several. I don’t really have any friends at the moment.”
14. Nadine: “The people out there have nothing in common with me.”
Mr. Bruner: “Maybe nobody likes you.”
15. Nadine: “What the… why is that baby in your house?”
Mr. Bruner: “Oh shit! How the hell that thing get in here?”
16. Mr. Bruner: “This doesn’t seem so bad. I want to be with you. I want you to put your mouth on my tits. I wanna feel you inside me. We can do it in the Petland stockroom.”
Nadine: “Oh my god, say something! Help me!”
Mr. Bruner: “You need to watch out for run-on sentences.”
The Edge of Seventeen quotes from conversations between Mona and Nadine
17. Mona: “Why don’t you do what I do when I’m feeling down?”
Mona: “And I say to myself, “Everyone is as miserable as I am. They’re just better at pretending.”
18. Mona: “Why don’t you try being positive?”
Nadine: “Mom, I’m going to write down the next thing you’re going to say.”
19. Mona: “I’m not playing your little games… Congratulations. You have all the answers, don’t you?”
Nadine: “No, which is why I wish I had a mother who would notice.”
The Edge of Seventeen quotes from Mr. Bruner
20. “ Life’s about taking risks. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there.” — Mr. Bruner
21. “Look, I’m not very good at this kinda thing. But I think we both know what needs to be said right now. So, I’m just gonna come right out and say it. Get out of the car.” — Mr. Bruner
22. “Hey… Wake up. You had a brain operation. It worked! They’ve made you pleasant and agreeable.” — Mr. Bruner
23. “Ah, just wishful daydreaming. The bell rang. Leave. Please.” — Mr. Bruner
The Edge of Seventeen quotes from conversations between Krista and Nadine
24. Nadine: “Nick is so hot.”
Krista: “He works at Petland now. “
Nadine: “I should go in there and be like, “Excuse me, where are the beta fish and do you want to have sex right now?”
25. Nadine: “My brother, seriously?”
Krista: “I can’t help how I feel.”
Nadine: “You turned into a completely different person.”
The Edge of Seventeen is a fun and exciting depiction of a typical life of a teenager learning to explore the world while trying to cope with the changes happening around her.
This show represents how important it is to have a support system in life to express your truest self and sort your thoughts out.
Just like in the series, your support system doesn’t have to be exclusively your family or friends.
Sometimes we can find them in unlikely situations if we open ourselves up to people around us.
So this is a great time to remember the people who supported you throughout your journey, and of course, you are free to share these The Edge of Seventeen quotes and sayings with your friends.