Check out our awesomely awkward Aubrey Plaza quotes!
Aubrey Plaza has been making audiences laugh as an actress and comedian, and it looks like she has no plans on stopping anytime soon.
Check out our Aubrey Plaza quotes below to learn more.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Who is Aubrey Plaza?
Aubrey Christina Plaza is an American actress, comedian, and producer.
Many recognize her from her role on the hit sitcom Parks and Recreation.
Check out these cool Aubrey Plaza facts below:
- She and Donald Glover went to school together.
- Aubrey was once kicked out of the MTV Movie Awards.
- Her parents named her after the 1973 song by The Rock band Bread.
Why is Aubrey Plaza so mad?
Fans admire Aubrey for her dark humor and unique take on life.
She has been making audiences crack up with her deadpan delivery style and ability to make any situation awkward.
She attributes using her insecurities as fuel to propel her to greatness.
When asked how she manages on camera, she once said, “I’m not super comfortable in my skin.”
Many people can relate to this feeling; however, she also added,
“I have to make it work for me, and that usually amounts to making it uncomfortable for everyone else.”
Perhaps this is where her comedy magic comes from.
Is Aubrey Plaza married?
Aubrey Plaza has done an excellent job of keeping her private life out of the public’s eye.
Many people who attain widespread notoriety can struggle with keeping their personal affairs out of public view.
Plaza is married and has been with her husband, Jeff Baena, since 2011.
However, she jokes that she is open to admiration from anyone.
She once shared, “Girls are into me; that’s no secret. Hey, I’m into them, too. I fall in love with girls and guys. I can’t help it.”
To learn more, check out our Aubrey Plaza quotes below.
Short Aubrey Plaze quotes that will make you smile
Aubrey is naturally funny, even in short quips.
1. “Tina Fey is one of my heroes.” — Aubrey Plaza
2. “It would be hilarious if I worked in a bowling alley.” — Aubrey Plaza
3. “I’m not, like, Daniel Day-Lewis. Yet. I will get there!” — Aubrey Plaza
4. “I sold my soul to the devil. I’d like to thank the devil.” — Aubrey Plaza
5. “A lot of independent films offer a harsh reality check.” — Aubrey Plaza
The top Aubrey Plaza quotes about staying true to your identity
Aubrey lets a lot of her natural personality come out in her performances.
6. “I want people to like me but not at my expense.” — Aubrey Plaza
7. “My mom’s Puerto Rican. That’s why I’m so lively and colorful.” — Aubrey Plaza
8. “I don’t let myself ‘surf’ on the Web, or I would probably drown.” — Aubrey Plaza
9. “I get really weird when I’m not working. I have to keep working.” — Aubrey Plaza
10. “If you feel like a weirdo, it’s okay because weirdos rule the world.” — Aubrey Plaza
Aubrey Plaza quotes and sayings about smiling and the Internet
Plaza is an introvert in an extroverted line of work.
11. “My people would love it if I smiled more, if I was more ‘approachable.’” — Aubrey Plaza
12. “Make all your decisions based on how hilarious it would be if you did it.” — Aubrey Plaza
13. “It’s such a thing now, people making fun of other people on the Internet.” — Aubrey Plaza
14. “I obviously bring all of my insecurities along with me to any role that I tackle.” — Aubrey Plaza
15. “I mean, sometimes I hate interviews because I always feel like I sound stupid.” — Aubrey Plaza
The best Aubrey Plaza quotes about creating a path that fits you
Aubrey reminds us that each of us has something to offer, and we should celebrate our uniqueness.
16. “There’s no photo-shoot academy. If there was, I’d probably be kicked out.” — Aubrey Plaza
17. “I definitely can relate to being down and closed-off at certain times in my life.” — Aubrey Plaza
18. “I’m pretty good at weaseling my way into a job, even if I have no business being there.” — Aubrey Plaza
19. “I’m going to create my own opportunities. If I can’t find the roles I want, I’ll just make them.” — Aubrey Plaza
20. “I’ve felt depressed many times in my life, so I can draw on those times in my life when I need to.” — Aubrey Plaza
Famous Aubrey Plaza quotes about loneliness and emotions
Plaza has been candid about the challenges she has faced on her journey.
21. “I always want to keep growing and keep surprising people, and showing them different parts of me.” — Aubrey Plaza
22. “I can’t say I follow politics extremely closely, but I’m definitely aware of what’s going on in the world.” — Aubrey Plaza
23. “If I have the option, I always read the paper or a book or something I can touch and destroy in my own hands.” — Aubrey Plaza
24. “I’m not a super emotional person, so that’s one reason I love acting – it makes me deal with myself in that kind of way.” — Aubrey Plaza
25. “I’m too awkward to date, I think. I’m kind of all or nothing, you know? Either put a baby inside of me or leave me alone.” — Aubrey Plaza
Did Aubrey Plaza have a stroke?
When Aubrey Plaza says things such as, “Make all your decisions based on how hilarious it would be if you did it,” some may think she is being facetious.
However, she is speaking from a place of personal experience.
Many people who have suffered health complications or life-threatening diseases have a more holistic outlook on life.
Aubrey suffered a stroke when she was twenty years old that caused temporary paralysis and expressive aphasia.
These conditions severely impact a person’s ability to move or speak.
Later on, she suffered a transient ischemic attack or mini-stroke while working on the set of Parks and Recreation.
Aubrey did not let these setbacks stop her.
She recovered from the potentially fatal complications and returned to acting immediately.
What is your favorite Aubrey Plaza quote?
Please be sure to let us know in the comments section below.