Fall in love with the fun, fantasy, and comedy currently captivating audiences worldwide with these Barbie movie quotes!
Barbie has taken the cinematic world by storm with the July 2023 release of the live-action film featuring the world’s most iconic doll.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Tell us your favorite Barbie movie quote in the comment section!
Why read Barbie movie quotes?
According to official Warner Bros. estimates, Barbie had already raked in $1.03 billion globally barely three weeks after its opening.
The ultra-pink, glittery universe of Barbie and the witty and provocative commentary have captivated viewers visually and cerebrally.
One thing is for sure; Barbie isn’t slowing down anytime soon.
Reading these Barbie movie quotes will keep you hip to the pop-culture references that will surely be coming at you from every angle for the foreseeable future!
One of the standout features of Barbie is how it seamlessly blends fantasy, adventure, and life lessons.
Historically, the Barbie™ empire predominantly targeted a younger demographic.
However, in the blockbuster hit from writer-director Greta Gerwig, Barbie champions values like self-belief, resilience, and friendship with plenty of adult humor and irony.
The film has already made history with its incredible box office debut, making Gerwig the first solo female director with a billion-dollar movie.
The movie delivers its message with unique and humorous charm, anchored by the iconic Barbie character and bolstered by an ensemble of memorable supporting characters.
The fantastic Barbie cast includes:
- Margot Robbie as (main) Barbie
- Ryan Gosling as (main) Ken
- America Ferrera as Gloria
- Michael Cera as Allan
- Ariana Greenblatt as Sasha,
- Helen Mirren as the narrator
- Will Ferrell as the CEO of Mattel
Many variations of Barbie and Ken are also standout characters in the movie.
Some different variations of Barbie are played by:
- Kate McKinnon as Weird Barbie
- Issa Rae as President Barbie
- Ritu Arya as Journalist Barbie
- Dua Lipa as the Mermaid Barbie
And variations of Ken are played by:
- Simu Liu as Tourist Ken
- Ncuti Gatwa as Artist Ken
- John Cena as the Mermaid Ken
- Scott Evans as Stereotypical Ken
Get in the know with our funny, poignant, and memorable Barbie movie quotes below!
Top 10 Quotes from Barbie
Here’s our pick for the ten best Barbie movie quotes.
1. “Where do the Kens stay?” — Sasha
2. “Please call me Mother.” — Matell CEO
3. “Horses are just extensions of men.” — Ken
4. “I’m trained to stand confidently here.” — Ken
5. “Why didn’t Barbie tell me about patriarchy?” — Ken
6. “I’m Allan. Ken’s buddy. All his clothes fit me.” — Allan
7. “Either you’re brainwashed or you’re weird.” — Barbie
8. “Come on, Kens. Nobody’s going to beach anyone off.” — Barbie
9. “I’m a man without power. Does that make me a woman?” — Aaron
10. “Did any of those drawings have thoughts of death and cellulite?” — Barbie
Quotes from Barbie Herself
The below Barbie movie quotes show that she has a brain and not just a pretty face.
11. “Why are these men looking at me?” — Barbie
12. “The real world isn’t what I thought it was.” — Barbie
13. “Barbie is a doctor, and a lawyer, and so much more than that.” — Barbie
14. “Basically, everything that men do in your world, women do in ours.” — Barbie
15. “Giving a voice to the cognitive dissonance required to being a woman under the patriarchy robbed it of its power.”— Barbie
16. “I don’t have anything big planned. Just a giant blowout party with all the Barbies, and planned choreography, and a bespoke song. You should stop by.” — Barbie
Quotes from Ken
These quotes from Ken show that, unlike Barbie, he is basically just a pretty face.
17. “You guys are not doing patriarchy very well.” — Ken
18. “But it’s “Barbie and Ken.” There is no just “Ken.””— Ken
19. “Here I’m just a dude and you know what? That’s enough.” — Ken
20. “What if there’s beach? You’ll need someone professional in that.” — Ken
Additional Barbie movie quotes to make you laugh
Below are some more memorable lines from the Barbie movie for your enjoyment.
21. “Ken isn’t something we’re worried about. Ever.” — Mattel CEO
24. “Get into the box and we’ll go back to Barbieland.” — Mattel CEO
22. “Women hate women. And men hate women. It’s the only thing we all agree on.” — Sasha
23. “You’ve been making women feel bad about themselves since you were invented.” — Sasha
25. “Hi! I’m Weird Barbie. I can do the splits. I have a funky haircut. And I smell like basement.” — Weird Barbie
Do you have a favorite Barbie movie quote?
Over the decades, Barbie has become more than just a toy.
She reflects an ever-changing society and is an icon of fashion, culture, and what it means to live your dreams.
Are you one of the thousands who have already seen the hit Barbie movie?
Who is your most-loved Barbie character?
Do you have a favorite quote from this list or another quote from the movie?
Tell us in the comment section!
We would love to chat with you!