Morgan Freeman is an accomplished actor who has played many beloved characters through the span of his impressive career. Freeman is a living legend and endless resource of wisdom, and he imprints his vast knowledge often through thought-provoking quotes. If you’re looking for a healthy mix of advice on life, being a better person, and challenging yourself, then these Morgan Freeman quotes will serve you well!
Born in 1937, Morgan Freeman built himself a huge pile of success through acting, producing, and narrating. From that, he became a widely known figure that allowed him to move people through his wisdom.
It wasn’t until his 50’s where he seriously started gaining in popularity, despite him acting for many years before. This exact fact of Morgan Freeman’s history gives a little bit of insight on how much persistence can truly pay off.
His history and past is inspiring. We could go on and on about it; but instead, here are some of the best Morgan Freeman quotes, which should explain exactly how wise and inspirational he is to so many.
Inspirational Morgan Freeman Quotes
1. “One of the things you can always depend on – this is one of the truths of the universe, and you heard it first from here – whatever we decide we want to do is what we do.” – Morgan Freeman
2. “Don’t be different just for different’s sake. If you see it differently, function that way. Follow your own muse, always.” – Morgan Freeman
3. “We humans are more concerned with having than with being.” – Morgan Freeman
4. “I don’t have to work. I could stop and never have to worry about paying the rent. I’m working for the joy of doing it.” – Morgan Freeman
5. “As long as you feel like a victim, you are one.” – Morgan Freeman
6. “If you live a life of make-believe, your life isn’t worth anything until you do something that does challenge your reality.” – Morgan Freeman
7. “The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit.” – Morgan Freeman
8. “If you wake up and the snow is knee-deep outside, you are not filled with rage. It’s just something that you’ve got to cope with. If you’re living in a situation it’s the only situation that you know, and you’ve got to deal with it.” – Morgan Freeman
9. “I once heard a wise man say there are no perfect men. Only perfect intentions.” – Morgan Freeman
10. “I can say that life is good to me. Has been and is good. So I think my task is to be good to it. So how do you be good to life? You live it.” – Morgan Freeman
11. “Forgiveness liberates the soul, it removes fear.” – Morgan Freeman
12. “I gravitate towards gravitas.” – Morgan Freeman
13. “If your life turns out to be good and you have a tremendous amount of luck in your life, it’s a good thing to turn around and make it work for others.” – Morgan Freeman
14. “If you want to see a miracle, be the miracle” – Morgan Freeman
Also read our compilation of inspirational Matthew McConaughey quotes.
Famous Morgan Freeman Quotes about Life
15. “Learning how to be still, to really be still and let life happen – that stillness becomes a radiance.” – Morgan Freeman
16. “How do we change the world? One random act of kindness at a time.” – Morgan Freeman
17. “I always tell my kids if you lay down, people will step over you. But if you keep scrambling, if you keep going, someone will always, always give you a hand. Always. But you gotta keep dancing, you gotta keep your feet moving.” – Morgan Freeman
18. “Never let pride be your guiding principle. Let your accomplishments speak for you.” – Morgan Freeman
19. “I only get one life, and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from living it.” – Morgan Freeman
20. “Was I always going to be here? No I was not. I was going to be homeless at one time, a taxi driver, truck driver, or any kind of job that would get me a crust of bread. You never know what’s going to happen.” – Morgan Freeman
21. “When you have made your choice, it is providence that is your guide. Good, bad, or indifferent. Your fate lies in that.” – Morgan Freeman
23. “You can’t take credit for talent; you can only take credit for using it.” – Morgan Freeman
24. “I’m not intimidated by lead roles. I’m better in them. I don’t feel pressure. I feel released at times like that. That’s what I’m born to do.” – Morgan Freeman
You might also like these Sidney Poitier quotes and sayings showcasing his Hollywood legacy
25. “Challenge yourself; it’s the only path which leads to growth.” – Morgan Freeman
26. “Life doesn’t offer you promises whatsoever so it’s very easy to become, ‘Whatever happened to… ?’ It’s great to be wanted. I spent a few years not being wanted and this is better.” – Morgan Freeman
27. “Very often, you know, you stop walking because you say, ‘Well, I’m tired of climbing this hill. I’m never going to get to the top.’ And you’re only two steps from the top.” – Morgan Freeman
28. “As you grow in this business, you learn how to do more with less.” – Morgan Freeman
29. “Get busy living or get busy dying!” – Morgan Freeman
30. “I don’t want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.”- Morgan Freeman
Don’t forget to also read these inspirational Shawshank Redemption quotes from one of Morgan Freeman’s best movies.
Morgan Freeman Quotes that will inspire you to aim higher
31. “The trick to any profession is making it look easy.”- Morgan Freeman
32. “Attacking People With Disabilities is the Lowest Display of Power I Can Think Of.” – Morgan Freeman
33. “You measure yourself by the people who measure themselves by you.” – Morgan Freeman
34. “All my life, all my life that I can, as far back as I can remember, I saw my first movie when I was six years old. And since then I wanted to do that. I wanted to be a part of that.”- Morgan Freeman
35. “Dr. Martin Luther King is not a black hero. He is an American hero.”- Morgan Freeman
36. “The highest power is the human mind. That’s where God came from and my belief in God is my belief in myself.” – Morgan Freeman
37. “The reason actors, artists, writers have agents is because we’ll do it for nothing. That’s a basic fact – you gotta do it.” – Morgan Freeman
38. “I do know there are a lot of people who seem to be in my corner, and that’s, of course, wonderful. I’m really more interested in the nomination than in the award, because I think the nomination just puts you within a group of outstanding actors.”- Morgan Freeman
39. “People need to start to think about the messages that they send in the movies.”- Morgan Freeman
40. “And that if you become a star, people are going to go to see you. If you remain an actor, they’re going to go and see the story you’re in.”- Morgan Freeman
Morgan Freeman quotes that are full of life lessons
41. “I have to remind myself that some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice.”- Morgan Freeman
42. “That’s your job as the actor, to understand the human part of the character, to make it real.”- Morgan Freeman
43. “I don’t do comedy. I think if a situation is funny you just play it for real and if it’s funny, it’s funny.” – Morgan Freeman
44. “Your best posture is your next posture.” – Morgan Freeman
45. “And some places you been before are so great that you don’t ever mind going back. Some places you been before you don’t ever want to go back, you know, like Montreal in the Winter.” – Morgan Freeman
46. “My approach to acting is that I am totally intuitive. I read the script and I get it. If I don’t get it, I can’t do it.”- Morgan Freeman
47. “I want to thank everybody and anybody who ever had anything to do with the making of this picture.”- Morgan Freeman
48. “Let me be the first to tell you, drinking alcohol is the worst thing to do in cold weather. Hot soup is the best because the process of digesting food helps to warm you up.”- Morgan Freeman
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of alcohol quotes about the impact of drinking.
49. “Don’t be afraid of what you want. This is your time. The barriers are down.” – Morgan Freeman
50. “If you look back on your life and where you started from it’s like looking back down a mountain back to the desert floor. It’s like now I can’t believe I had whatever it takes or perceived whatever it took to get here.”- Morgan Freeman
Motivational Morgan Freeman quotes and sayings
51. “In the harshest place on Earth, … love finds a way.” – Morgan Freeman
52. “All you have to do is believe, then you will see everything.” – Morgan Freeman
53. “If you dream you’ve got to dream that it’s going to happen. Remember that. If you dream you have to imagine that it will actually happen.” –Morgan Freeman
54. “Is listening important? I can’t think of a single walk of life where it wouldn’t be.” – Morgan Freeman
55. “If you’re not living on the edge then you’re taking up a little too much space.” – Morgan Freeman
56. “Finding joy is probably tantamount to finding yourself and being comfortable in your own skin.” – Morgan Freeman
57. “Anyone who spends a significant amount of time with me finds me disagreeable.” – Morgan Freeman
58. “I was lucky in that when the opportunity came, I was prepared to meet it.” – Morgan Freeman
59. “But I can say that life is good to me. Has been and is good. So I think my task is to be good to it. So how do you be good to life? You live it.” – Morgan Freeman
60. “The best way to confront, or deal with, technological innovation is to keep moving technologically.” – Morgan Freeman
More Morgan Freeman quotes
61. “Kindness in thinking or giving, creates profoundness and happiness. Kindness in saying creates an everlasting love.” – Morgan Freeman
62. “Literacy could be the ladder out of poverty.” – Morgan Freeman
63. “Insanity is coasting through life in a miserable existence when you have a caged lion locked inside and the key to release it.” – Morgan Freeman
64. “Fatigue, discomfort, discouragement are merely symptoms of effort.” – Morgan Freeman
65. “I hate the word homophobia. It’s not a phobia. You are not scared. You are an asshole.” – Morgan Freeman
66. “Let me tell you what justice is. Justice is the law. And that man’s feeble attempt to lay down the principles of decency.” – Morgan Freeman
Which of these quotes by Morgan Freeman touched you most and why?
You can look at Morgan Freeman’s life and see nothing but wisdom, success, and inspiration for generations of all ages.
Although we often miss what’s behind the scenes in regards to successful people, he surely seems to hold a high level of integrity towards all people and is a huge believer in equality, kindness, and wisdom that can seriously move crowds.
Hopefully, at least one of the above Morgan Freeman quotes stuck with you and will help you live YOUR best life.