Enjoy this throwback to the 90s with these The Little Mermaid quotes.
If you grew up in the nineties, then there are certain movie quotes that will take you right back to your childhood.
One of those movies is The Little Mermaid.
Who’s your favorite character from The Little Mermaid?
The story of Ariel longing to become a human so she can explore the world and be with Prince Eric quickly became a favorite of children and Disney fans.
But Disney’s musical was actually based on the novel written by Hans Christian Andersen (published in 1837), which had a slightly tragic ending as compared to Disney’s version, where the daring mermaid Princess Ariel married the dashing human Prince Eric in the end.
Children and adults loved the movie extras, such as the crab Sebastian, who worked for King Triton, Ariel’s father, and Flounder, her fish friend.
And who can forget the Disney villain, Ursula?
Enjoy the memory of the movie as you read through The Little Mermaid quotes below.
What are Princess Ariel’s famous lines?
Princess Ariel has many lines that are well-known among The Little Mermaid fans, including the following ones.
1. “I don’t see how a world that makes such wonderful things could be bad.” — Ariel, The Little Mermaid
2. “I’ve never seen a human this close before.” — Ariel, The Little Mermaid
3. “I don’t know when, I don’t know how, but I know something’s starting right now.” — Ariel, The Little Mermaid
4. “I’m sixteen years old. I’m not a child anymore.” — Ariel, The Little Mermaid
5. “What would I pay to spend a day warm on the sand.” — Ariel, The Little Mermaid
6. “If I become human, I’ll never be with my father or sisters again.” — Ariel, The Little Mermaid
7. “Watch and you’ll see, someday I’ll be part of your world.” — Ariel, The Little Mermaid
The Little Mermaid quotes from Sebastian
These The Little Mermaid quotes are like time capsules taking us back to when we first watched how the royal crab Sebastian escaped the kitchen of Chef Louis while the latter sang Le Poissons with a melodic French accent
8. “The human world, it’s a mess.” — Sebastian, The Little Mermaid
9. “We got not troubles… life is the bubbles under the sea.” — Sebastian, The Little Mermaid
10. “You gotta bat your eyes, like this. You gotta pucker up your lips like this.” — Sebastian, The Little Mermaid
11. “This has got to be, without a doubt, the single most humiliating day of my life.” — Sebastian, The Little Mermaid
12. “Teenagers. They think they know everything. You give them an inch, they swim all over you.” — Sebastian, The Little Mermaid
13. “You want something done, you’ve got to do it yourself.” — Sebastian, The Little Mermaid
14. “Somebody’s got to nail that girl’s fins to the floor.” — Sebastian, The Little Mermaid
15. “Children have got to be free to lead their own lives.” — Sebastian, The Little Mermaid
16. “Boy. What a softshell I’m turning out to be.” — Sebastian, The Little Mermaid
The Little Mermaid quotes from Ursula
It’s fun to relive childhood as you sing along with the catchy songs sung by creatures under the sea and watch as Ariel tries to take control of her own destiny by working with Ursula, the sea witch.
17. “Life’s full of tough choices, ain’t it?” — Ursula, The Little Mermaid
18. “Come in. Come in, my child. We mustn’t lurk in doorways- it’s rude. One might question your upbringing.” — Ursula, The Little Mermaid
19.“Before the sun sets on the third day, you’ve got to get dear ol’ princey to fall in love with you. That is, he’s got to kiss you. Not just any kiss – the kiss of true love.” — Ursula, The Little Mermaid
20. “King Triton’s daughter will be mine, and then I’ll make him writhe. I’ll make him wriggle like a worm on a hook.” — Ursula, The Little Mermaid
The Little Mermaid quotes from Flounder
You see just how great a friend Flounder tries to be to Ariel in the following quotes.
21. “But it wasn’t her fault! Ah, well, first, ahh, this shark chased us, yeah yeah! And we tried to but we couldn’t and then grr and and we whoa! Ah, and then we were safe. But then this seagull came, and it was this is this, and that is that, and.” “Okay. Yeah, you go. I’ll stay and—what? Sharks? Ariel!” — Flounder, The Little Mermaid
22. “You’re not gonna tell him, are you?” — Flounder, The Little Mermaid
23. “I’m not a guppy.” — Flounder, The Little Mermaid
24. “Ariel’s been turned into a human. She’ll have to make the prince fall in love with her, and he’s gotta he’s gotta kiss her.” — Flounder, The Little Mermaid
The Little Mermaid quotes from Prince Eric
Princess Ariel’s daring act to save the life of Prince Eric is an unconventional depiction of traditional princesses or women generally portrayed as the stereotypical damsels in distress.
25. “Isn’t this great? The salty sea air, the wind blowing in your face. A perfect day to be at sea!” — Prince Eric, The Little Mermaid
It’s time to watch the movie again
After reading through The Little Mermaid quotes above from the favorite characters of this popular Disney movie, you probably feel like watching the movie again.
Pop some popcorn, stream the movie, and enjoy watching Ariel and Prince Eric on their quest to find each other once again.
You can cheer on the couple and King Triton as they work to defeat Ursula and live happily ever after.
Did you enjoy these The Little Mermaid quotes and lines?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.