You will enjoy these Boyz n the Hood quotes from the popular coming-of-age movie.
Boyz n the Hood is a coming-of-age drama that was released in 1991 and was written and directed by John Singleton.
The movie stars Cuba Gooding Jr., Ice Cube, Laurence Fishburne, and Morris Chestnut, among other talented actors.
The movie was a hit with critics and the audience, earning preservation in the National Film Registry and grossing over $57 million against a $6.5 million budget.
The movie’s plot follows Tre Styles, who is ten years old when the movie starts.
When Tre shows he is immature and disrespectful, his mother sends him to live with his father, Furious Styles, in South Central Los Angeles.
The movie moves forward seven years to when Tre’s good friend Doughboy exits prison and reunites with Tre and their other close friend Ricky.
Take a look at these Boyz n the Hood quotes to learn more about the hit movie.
You will also enjoy our article on Never Have I Ever quotes.
Intense Boyz n the Hood Quotes
Check out these intense quotes from the movie.
1. “Just would’ve contributed to the hilling of another brother.” – Furious Styles
2. “Never respect anybody who doesn’t respect you back.” – Furious Styles
3. “You can cry in front of me.” – Brandi
4. “Why is it that there is a gunshop on almost every corner in this community?” – Furious Styles
5. “Something wrong? Yeah; It’s just too bad you don’t know what it is…” – Furious Styles
6. “You ain’t sh*t. You just like your daddy.” – Mrs. Baker
7. “Either they don’t know, don’t show, or don’t care about what’s going on in the hood.” – Doughboy
8. “How can she be your woman when she my lady?” – Doughboy
9. “You my problem. I want you to give me the gun.” – Furious Styles
10. “You’re slamming my door like some kind of Gorilla on a football field!” – Tre Styles
Most Remembered Boyz n the Hood Quotes
Take a look at some of the most remembered quotes from the movie.
11. “Got no mother, either. She loved that fool more than she loved me.” – Doughboy
12. “Get out of my face! And keep them babies out of the street!” – Doughboy
13. “Ain’t nobody from outside bringing down the property value. It’s these folk, shootin’ each other and sellin’ that crack rock and sh*t.” – The Old Man
14. “I know you been raised better than that! Now, put your father on the phone.” – Reva Styles
15. “You’re my only son, and I’m not gonna lose you to no bullshit, you hear? I love you, man.” – Furious Styles
16. “Fool, you don’t go to college to be talkin’ to no b*tches. Your black *ss ‘posed to be learnin’ somethin’.” – Doughboy
17. “Can we have one night where there ain’t no fighting, nobody gets shot?” – Female Club Member
18. “Somebody must have been praying for that fool ’cause I swear, I aimed right for his head.” – Furious Styles
19. “Fool, I wasn’t even talking to you. This is a A-B conversation, you know — you can “C” your way out of it.” – Chris
20. “Rick, it’s the nineties. Can’t afford to be afraid of our own people anymore, man.” – Furious Styles
What Happens to Tre and His Friends?
Now that they are all around 17, the movie shows what life is like growing up in a dangerous neighborhood.
Doughboy is a gang member, Ricky is a star running back trying to get into college, and Tre is responsible and planning on attending college with his girlfriend.
Unfortunately, one night Ricky is gunned down just for walking down the street, and Doughboy takes revenge that gets him killed.
Tre goes to college with his girlfriend, showing he made it out of the “Hood.”
Please share these Boyz n the Hood quotes with your friends.
Let us know which ones you like that aren’t on the list.