These Condoleezza Rice quotes on education and history will encourage you to try your best.
Condoleezza Rice is a political figure who served as the first female African-American Secretary of State.
This collection of Condoleezza Rice quotes on leadership will encourage you to improve your own executive skills.
Teamwork, communication, and organization are key aspects of success.
When you read these Condoleezza Rice sayings on education and preparation, you will better understand the mindset of a successful politician.
Do you want to become a better leader?
These Condoleezza Rice quotes are proof that all leaders share certain skills and perspectives.
If you’re an ambitious person with big dreams, you’ll love this list of quotes on leadership.
Although life is not fair, there are tons of opportunities waiting out there for you.
Invest in your education and make strong personal connections to get the most out of life.
Read these Condoleezza Rice quotes whenever you need motivation.
Don’t forget to also read these Sonia Sotomayor quotes about equality and justice.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Condoleezza Rice quotes on leadership
1. “What you know today can affect what you do tomorrow. But what you know today cannot affect what you did yesterday.” – Condoleezza Rice
Everyday Application: Do not beat yourself up about mistakes made in the past when you didn’t know better. Learn from your mistakes and then take your newly found knowledge and use it to make the best decisions you can in the future.
You will also enjoy our article on Moulin Rouge quotes.
2. “We need a common enemy to unite us.” – Condoleezza Rice
Everyday Application: When we are united, we can accomplish so much more. A common enemy (or cause) can inspire people to band together and collaborate for the greater good. Collaboration and teamwork can achieve so many things, and the right motivation can make all the difference.
3. “I’ve been in enough positions to respect people with different views.” – Condoleezza Rice
Everyday Application: Leaders must learn to not only show basic respect for the opinions of others, but to actually value those opinions. Diversity leads to new ideas. New ideas can lead to some innovative solutions that would have been missed if we only looked at things from one perspective.
4. “When you are going up the corporate ladder or the government ladder, you have to take some risk.” – Condoleezza Rice
Everyday Application: Risks are an important part of success when it comes to almost anything! Of course, you want to think through things, but there are going to be times when action is required and it is scary. Take the leap of faith!
5. “The day has to come when it’s not a surprise that a woman has a powerful position.” – Condoleezza Rice
Everyday Application: We are getting much closer to this point. We must not forget the pioneers of women who came before us and fought for equal rights! Check out these quotes from Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Audre Lorde, and Gloria Steinem.
6. “One thing that education can do is it can provide us with an opportunity to understand one another better, and so while I’ve spent a lot of my time in the world of politics, I’ve always felt that it is really not politics that will solve this for us.” – Condoleezza Rice
Everyday Application: Education opens so many doors. It gives us new perspectives, knowledge to make decisions, and the ability to learn certain skills. That level of understanding, empathy, and communication is going to make the most difference in the world.
7. “I have enormous respect for people who do run for office.” – Condoleezza Rice
Everyday Application: Regardless of what political ideology you subscribe too, we should respect our political leaders. Agreeing or disagreeing with their policies is one thing, but most of these people are sacrificing their time with loved ones, putting themselves and their lives in the public eye, and working for what they believe is right.
8. “I would even say that my parents, and their friends in our community, thought of education as a kind of armor against racism.” – Condoleezza Rice
Everyday Application: It is clear that education is important to society, but you might wonder, “How does is it stand up to racism?” Mutuma Ruteere, said in a briefing to the Geneva-based Human Rights Council that, “Education has a central role in creating new values and attitudes and provides us with important tools for addressing deep-rooted discrimination and the legacy of historical injustices.” You can read more about it here!
9. “People are tired of being kept from the dignity that allows them to make their own choices.” – Condoleezza Rice
Everyday Application: Individual rights and free will are central themes to our society. That should give us the right to choose what is best for our own lives. It is an act of human decency and dignity.
10. “The essence of America – that which really unites us – is not ethnicity, or nationality or religion – it is an idea – and what an idea it is: That you can come from humble circumstances and do great things.” – Condoleezza Rice
Everyday Application: What is the essence of America? It is based on the thought that we have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That pursuit of happiness bit is the part where the “American Dream” comes from. Hard work and perseverance gives you the potential to rise about your circumstances and do great things.
You will also enjoy our article on preschool quotes.
Condoleezza Rice quotes to help you get the most out of life
11. “I talked about the need for American leadership, I talked about the importance of the United States to a more peaceful world, a world that has been quite turbulent in recent years, and needs a strong American anchor.” – Condoleezza Rice
12. “Today’s headlines and history’s judgment are rarely the same.” – Condoleezza Rice
13. “So I think, if September 11 taught us anything, it taught us that we’re vulnerable and vulnerable in ways that we didn’t fully understand.” – Condoleezza Rice
Everyday Application: September 11th was a day that changed the lives of many Americans, either directly or indirectly. Can you remember where you were when the towers fell? Were you born after 9/11 and have only heard stories of that day? Check out these 9/11 quotes in honor of those we lost.
14. “I wish someone had put a golf club in my hands, not skates on my feet. It is a really great game for business. It’s a great game for making connections.” – Condoleezza Rice
15. “If it is not possible for me to go somewhere and to be willing to encounter people with different views, then I’m really not doing my job.” – Condoleezza Rice
16. “After all, when the world looks to America, they look to us because we are the most successful political and economic experiment in human history.” – Condoleezza Rice
17. “If I’d been a better long-term planner, I’d still be in music, as a musician someplace. So I’ll take it one step at a time.” – Condoleezza Rice
18. “People have the right to protest – that’s what democracy is all about. I have no problem with people exercising their democratic rights.” – Condoleezza Rice
19. “I think golf can be one of those places where we act and we hope that people act as we would like them to act all the time.” – Condoleezza Rice
20. “My mom was a teacher – I have the greatest respect for the profession – we need great teachers – not poor or mediocre ones.” – Condoleezza Rice
Condoleezza Rice quotes to inspire success
21. “I remember, when I was 6 years old, we were having an event at school where different dolls were on display. I said that the tallest doll needed to be on the end, and my little friend said to me, ‘Oh, you’re just so bossy.’ I remember thinking that wasn’t a good thing. But I kept insisting the doll had to be on the end anyway.” – Condoleezza Rice
Everyday Application: When young girls display leadership characteristics like confidence, assertiveness, and persuasiveness they often get called ‘bossy.’ We need to nurture these qualities in girls, the same we do with boys. Calling a little girl bossy teaches her that she is doing something ‘wrong’ and should be less assertive, more silent and complacent.
22. “What has always made our country special is that it doesn’t matter where you come from; it matters where you’re going. Our job is to make certain the pathways are open to both our boys and our girls.” – Condoleezza Rice
23. “The U.S. has since the end of World War II had an answer – we stand for free peoples and free markets, we are willing to support and defend them – we will sustain a balance of power that favors freedom.” – Condoleezza Rice
24. “Football is like war. It’s about taking territory.” – Condoleezza Rice
25. “When you’re on a golf course, a couple of things are very interesting. No matter who you’re with and who you’re playing with, people want each other to do well.” – Condoleezza Rice
26. “I didn’t run for student council president. I don’t see myself in any way in elected office. I love policy. I’m not particularly fond of politics.” – Condoleezza Rice
27. “There are those who would draw a sharp line between power politics and a principled foreign policy based on values. This polarized view – you are either a realist or devoted to norms and values – may be just fine in academic debate, but it is a disaster for American foreign policy. American values are universal.” – Condoleezza Rice
28. “Great powers can’t get tired, because the international order is not self-governing.” – Condoleezza Rice
29. “We’re in a new world. We’re in a world in which the possibility of terrorism, married up with technology, could make us very, very sorry that we didn’t act.” – Condoleezza Rice
30. “Let me let you in on a little secret. There is no such thing as an international community. There are self-maximizing, self-interested states that will push their interests as far as possible.” – Condoleezza Rice
Condoleezza Rice quotes to elevate your mind
31. “When you’re doing collaborative music, the relationship that forms is a very bonding kind of experience.” – Condoleezza Rice
32. “I think my father thought I might be president of the United States. I think he would’ve been satisfied with secretary of state. I’m a foreign policy person, and to have a chance to serve my country as the nation’s chief diplomat at a time of peril and consequence, that was enough.” – Condoleezza Rice
33. “We can have a new vision, one even greater than the system they gave us after World War II. Everyone can pursue happiness and freedom and peace.” – Condoleezza Rice
34. “Believe it or not, I loved acid rock in college – and I still do.” – Condoleezza Rice
35. “We’ve been a country that’s been fortunate to be protected by two oceans, to not have serious attacks on our territory for most of our history. And we were unfortunately reminded in a very devastating way of our vulnerability.” – Condoleezza Rice
36. “People notice if you are black. People notice if you are female. We are certainly not either colorblind or gender-blind in this country, so I’m not suggesting that it isn’t a factor. But I think in the final analysis, people will take a look at the positions, and they’ll take a look at the issues.” – Condoleezza Rice
37. “We are at war, and our security as a nation depends on winning that war.” – Condoleezza Rice
38. “But the truth of the matter is, we’re an open society, we want to remain an open society, and there will continue to be vulnerability. That’s why we have to meet the threats when they are not yet taking place on our territory and on our soil.” – Condoleezza Rice
39. “Frankly, as secretary of state, if somebody treats you badly because you’re a woman, it’s your fault – not theirs.” – Condoleezza Rice
40. “Success is not assured, but America is resolute: this is the best chance for peace we are likely to see for some years to come – and we are acting to help Israelis and Palestinians seize this chance.” – Condoleezza Rice
More Condoleezza Rice quotes
41. “We will continue to work together in our common fight against terror.” – Condoleezza Rice
42. “I will never forget the bright September day, standing at my desk in the White House, when my young assistant said that a plane had hit the World Trade Center – and then a second one – and a third, the Pentagon.” – Condoleezza Rice
43. “We will have to stand up for and promote the power and promise of free markets and free peoples, and affirm that American preeminence safeguards rather than impedes global progress.” – Condoleezza Rice
44. “I could read music before I could read.” – Condoleezza Rice
45. “My parents elected me president of the family when I was 4. We actually had an election every year, and I always won. I’m an only child, and I could count on my mother’s vote.” – Condoleezza Rice
Everyday Application: Every child should be able to count on the support of their mother. It doesn’t always work out that way, though. However, if you were fortunate to have a mother who nurtured your dreams, always believed in you, and helped you, then you have been blessed. Check out this article for some mother-daughter quotes.
46. “I’m quite content to spend my life helping young people find themselves. I’ve had my fill of politics.” – Condoleezza Rice
47. “Foreign policy simply cannot be judged by today’s headlines that chalk up victories and defeats like so many box scores in the sports sections.” – Condoleezza Rice
48. “What the United States has done is to be open to people who are fleeing tyranny, who are fleeing danger, but we have done it in a very careful way that has worked for us.” – Condoleezza Rice
49. “I got the chance to be the secretary of state; I’m an international relations specialist. It doesn’t get better than that.” – Condoleezza Rice
50. “That was a sin: to consider yourself victimized or not able to control your destiny or your fate – that was the one cardinal sin in our community.” – Condoleezza Rice
What are your favorite Condoleezza Rice quotes on leadership and history?
As the first female African-American Secretary of State in America, Condoleezza Rice has created an incredible legacy for herself.
Her quotes about history will help you better understand the barriers she has broken down for other women.
She is a Role Model and an inspiration to many people.
It can be beneficial to read famous quotes from successful individuals.
This collection of Condoleezza Rice quotes is valuable as a source of advice, insight, and empowerment.
Whether you have goals in politics, business, academics, or some other field, these words of wisdom will motivate you to invest in your education.
Share these quotes with the people in your life who have ambitious goals and a winning attitude.
What are your favorite Condoleezza Rice quotes and sayings on education and investing in yourself?
Let us know in the comment section below.