These Ice Cube quotes from songs, movies, and interviews are some of his most memorable lines.
Ice Cube, or O’Shea Jackson, is a famous rapper and actor with an interesting perspective on life.
This collection of Ice Cube quotes will open your mind up to fresh ideas and new possibilities.
Many people know Ice Cube as the lead rapper in N.W.A. or as a solo musical artist.
Other Ice Cube fans know him from his famous acting roles in movies like Boyz n the Hood, Friday, and the Barbershop franchise.
These inspirational quotes will motivate you however you’re familiar with Ice Cube.
If you’re seeking inspiration to reach your goals, read these Ice Cube slogans and sayings.
Ice Cube has achieved success in life because he worked hard and never gave up during difficult times.
These words of wisdom will motivate you to be the best version of yourself possible.
Don’t forget to also check out these Derek Jeter quotes from on winning and courage.
Inspirational Ice Cube quotes about love and power
1. “I can’t believe, today was a good day.” – Ice Cube
2. “Truth is the ultimate power. When the truth comes around, all the lies have to run and hide.” – Ice Cube
3. “Don’t worry about being a star, worry about doing good work, and all that will come to you.” – Ice Cube
4. “I think the worst thing you can do about a situation is nothing.” – Ice Cube
5. “If it was all about me, I’d do a whole lot of pop records, make a whole lot of money, just rake in the dough. But it’s never been all about me. It’s all about being a voice for the voiceless. People who can’t speak for themselves, who don’t have a mic, don’t have a say.” – Ice Cube
6. “I love any time you can enlighten people to mistakes, that’s how I started my career.” – Ice Cube
7. “The best thing I’ve done with my money is buying a house for my family. You wake up to a house you love and you feel like somebody.” – Ice Cube
8. “I love music. It’s freedom, a way to deal with pent-up frustration.” – Ice Cube
9. “You better check yourself before you wreck yourself.” – Ice Cube
10. “Ice Cube is the piece of me that I give away to the public.” – Ice Cube
Ice Cube quotes that will open your mind up to fresh ideas and new possibilities
11. “There’s a lot of potential that goes unused in places like South Central L.A., a lot of brilliant, smart people who just don’t have that chance to show it.” – Ice Cube
12. “The moral is that a career can be gone in an instant. And all you have in this world are the people you love.” – Ice Cube
13. “I think reading is important in any form. I think a person who’s trying to learn to like reading should start off reading about a topic they are interested in, or a person they are interested in.” – Ice Cube
14. “If you think about stuff that happened when you were young, it stays with you forever.” – Ice Cube
15. “I have great people, smart people that are around me and we love the challenge. I guess it’s like climbing a mountain or building a building. It’s a challenge but you love every challenge that it brings or presents itself.” – Ice Cube
16. “Don’t get a movie confused with real life. I’m a well-rounded human being like everyone else.” – Ice Cube
17. “I think I’m unique to the game ’cause of my versatility.” – Ice Cube
18. “The thing is with hip-hop, it has its waves and the waves crash against the beach and the new waves come in. So to stay relevant you have to roll with that.” – Ice Cube
19. “Sometimes when you’re relegated to your neighborhood, you forget that there’s more important things than your neighborhood going on out in the world.” – Ice Cube
20. “With film, I have to be a team player; it’s a whole different thing. I can’t just be a one-man show. I have to learn how to use people to the best of their ability and motivate them to be as passionate about the project as I am.” – Ice Cube
Ice Cube quotes that will inspire you to reach your goals
21. “I been all around the world and I haven’t found a city that I’d rather be from or rather come back to than Los Angeles.” – Ice Cube
22. “Our records, if you have a dark sense of humor, were funny, but our records weren’t about comedy. They were about protests, fantasy, confrontation and all that.” – Ice Cube
23. “Doing it your own way, not having to go exactly by the book to be successful.” – Ice Cube
24. “I’m just an entertainer, man. I don’t like to pigeonhole myself to anything. I love to do it all.” – Ice Cube
25. “Young people are dying for no reason all over the world that don’t know why. It’s ugly, everywhere.” – Ice Cube
26. “I think rap music is brought up, gangster rap in particular, as well as video games, every other thing they try to hang the ills of society on as a scapegoat.” – Ice Cube
27. “I think, to me, reality is better than being fake.” – Ice Cube
28. “But with rap music – not just N.W.A. – but rap music in general, seeing these artists wearing these team logos all the time started bringing a synergy and energy about having to rep your city, your team, everywhere and all the time.” – Ice Cube
29. “I do what I do. You like it, great. You don’t, go listen to somebody else. I’m stickin’ with the people who stuck with me.” – Ice Cube
30. “Gangsta to us didn’t have anything to do with Al Capone and stuff like that. It’s just about living your life the way you want to live it. And you’re not going to let nothing stop you.” – Ice Cube
Ice Cube quotes that will inspire you to work hard and never gave up
31. “I really appreciate family. I really can’t imagine life without them!” – Ice Cube
32. “Rap is always evolving. It’s easy for the old school to hate the new school, but it’s music that got a little stifled I think, by the Internet a little bit.” – Ice Cube
33. “I never get tired of ‘It Was A Good Day’ references or jokes or anything like that. It’s just, you know, keeping my biggest hit alive. Nothing wrong with that.” – Ice Cube
34. “South Central is just who I am. Even though I have a nice house, nice family, the rest of my generation is still in South Central L.A. My cousins, my brothers, my sisters, they don’t wanna move out.” – Ice Cube
35. “I’ve done movies for certain reasons; I did ‘Anaconda’ because the black man lives. Simple. The black man isn’t dead in the first three pages, like Jurassic Park. It’s like, ‘The black man kills the snake with a Latino girl? Damn! I got to do this.’” – Ice Cube
36. “I still enjoy doing music. I’m not going to stop doing it, and doing it the way that I feel it should be done.” – Ice Cube
37. “For me, rappers and dancers are poets and artists and often times the most interesting performances are given by them.” – Ice Cube
38. “My thing is, I know kids cuss, they do their thing, but I tell my kids, ‘Don’t do it in earshot of any adults, or you’re in trouble.’” – Ice Cube
39. “I wake up at 5:30, 6 in the morning, but don’t head into the office right away. I like to hang out with my wife, talk about things, get some coffee, you know.” – Ice Cube
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of The Office quotes from the iconic hit show.
40. “Music has done a lot to enhance the emotions of sports. It’s played in arenas. Whenever there is footage cut together they’re always using music. And it goes together, you know.” – Ice Cube
Other memorabel Ice Cube quotes
41. “It’s not like I’m the first man ever to do this, y’know? You gotta go back to Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby and Sammy Davis Jr. Those are people who’ve done music well and movies well, and y’know, Frank Sinatra and Elvis and all these dudes have made the transition. I don’t know about Elvis, ’bout doin’ ’em good, y’know? It’s nothin’ new.” – Ice Cube
42. “Rap is just somebody getting something off his chest. That’s all it is.” – Ice Cube
43. “It’s funny how people who ain’t never been down there can think that America is so fair and that we should be alright. It’s funny that the people who have their foot on our neck are telling us, ‘Get up. What’s wrong with you?’” – Ice Cube
44. “Early in my career, people wanted to hear music about protest, about trying to change things.” – Ice Cube
45. “I don’t get nothing but love. In every ghetto all over the world. Nothing but love. They respect that I came outta there and I’m doing it the right way. You can’t do nothing but respect that.” – Ice Cube
46. “Anything that got to do with a pig, I ain’t eatin’.” – Ice Cube
47. “Nothing wrong with being from the hood, but I’d rather my kids be visitors than residents.” – Ice Cube
48. “You don’t wanna mess up what you’ve done. It’s like Jordan coming back: You’re scared to mess up the legacy.” – Ice Cube
49. “I have a really beautiful life right now, so there is no reason to be hostile. I’m a husband, a father and a man who tries to do the right thing in life and in my work.” – Ice Cube
50. “Drink some coffee, put some gangsta rap on, and handle it.” – Ice Cube
51. “I make a mean cup of coffee, if you give me the right ingredients.” – Ice Cube
If you enjoyed this collection of quotes, check out our coffee quotes for our high energy coffee lovers out there.
What are your favorite Ice Cube quotes about love, life, and success?
Ice Cube is an incredibly influential cultural figure with a huge collection of inspirational quotes.
Whether you know Ice Cube from his music, movies, or some other source, his wisdom can inspire you to follow your dreams.
This list of Ice Cube quotes will motivate you to never give up and take risks.
When you feel like you want to quit, remember these motivational quotes from Ice Cube for inspiration.
Reading a good quote can help spark creativity and give you a boost of energy.
If you’re looking for words of inspiration, the mind of Ice Cube may be the perfect source.
Share these Ice Cube quotes with your friends and family to ensure today is a good day for them.
What are your favorite Ice Cube quotes and lines from songs, movies, interviews, and other sources?
Let us know in the comment section below.
February 25, 2021 6:00 AM EST