If you are looking for the spirit of a champion, look no further than our Bryce Harper quotes.
Bryce Harper is considered by many to be one of the most talented players in professional baseball.
Learn more about what motivates this elite athlete with our Bryce Harper quotes below.
You might also like these related articles:
Who is Bryce Harper?
Bryce Harper is an American professional baseball player for the Philadelphia Phillies.
He plays right field and serves as designated hitter.
Check out these awesome Bryce Harper quotes below:
- He is a seven-time All-Star and two-time MVP.
- Harper has won three World Series Championships.
- Harper won Rookie of the Year and a Home Run Derby.
What drives Bryce Harper?
How does a man like Bryce Harper make it to the top of his craft?
According to him, the MVP is motivated by many things.
Playing in Philadelphia, a city known for its tough crowd and rough fans, has brought out the best in Harper.
He notes, “I love the way people talk crap. I hear it all the time. ‘Overrated.’ ‘You suck.’ I’ll just do something to shut them up, like, ‘I’ll show you.’”
However, his excellence is more than just centered on a desire to prove doubters wrong.
A big swing and a bigger heart
Bryce loves the game but credits his drive and work ethic to his parents.
Of his father, he shared, “My dad, he worked rebar, an ironworker.”
His father’s efforts as a blue-collar worker ingrained a powerful work ethic in Bryce from a young age.
He explained, “Watching my pops get up every single morning, going to work, working hard, I think that really made me want to work that hard.”
How has Bryce Harper continued to succeed in the MLB?
Harper credits his success to his mindset.
His passion for the game is unparalleled.
He implores anyone who competes with the following message:
“Play this game like the 8-year-old you used to be, dreaming to play in the show! Heart, passion, and fire!”
To learn more, check out our Bryce Harper quotes below.
Short Byrce Harper quotes about training for the love of the game
Check it out as Byrce explains his passion for the game in his own words.
1. “I love to train. Always have.” — Bryce Harper
2. “I expect perfection from myself.” — Bryce Harper
3. “My body feels pretty unbelievable.” — Bryce Harper
4. “When I hit the ball, I do want to hurt it.” — Bryce Harper
5. “I love working hard. I think people know that.” — Bryce Harper
The top Bryce Harper quotes comparing baseball and football
Find out which sport Bryce likes better below.
6. “I don’t wish that I was playing football.” — Bryce Harper
7. “Playing football, I’m getting chills just thinking about it.” — Bryce Harper
8. “I love baseball and the way I play it like it’s my last day ever playing it.” — Bryce Harper
9. “I do like football, but you’ve got to respect that it’s not like baseball.” — Bryce Harper
10. “Guys work so hard in baseball. It’s incredible, but people don’t know that.” — Bryce Harper
The best Bryce Harper quotes about dreaming big
Bryce had a dream that he never stopped believing in. Check out how he did it below.
11. “If you don’t have dreams, you don’t have a life.” — Bryce Harper
12. “I’m a guy that wants to play every single day and get better.” — Bryce Harper
13. “I’d rather be a good person off the field than a good baseball player on the field.” — Bryce Harper
14. “You’ve got to love training and practice. It’s the only way to reach your potential.” — Bryce Harper
15. “You need to have dreams. So dream big, then work hard every day to make them happen.” — Bryce Harper
Famous Bryce Harper quotes about reaching your goals
16. “If people aren’t laughing at your goals, they’re too small.” — Bryce Harper
17. “You don’t ever want to go out there and not be the best.” — Bryce Harper
18. “Everybody has their goals. Everybody has their dreams.” — Bryce Harper
19. “You want to be the best cop that you can be.“Be the best writer you can be.” — Bryce Harper
20. “Some may have more talent than you, but there is no excuse for anyone working or playing harder than you do.” — Bryce Harper
Bryce Harper quotes and sayings about life
Let’s close out our list with these inspirational Bryce Harper quotes about life.
21. “Remember where you came from!” — Bryce Harper
22. “I’m not trying to fit in with nobody. I’m just me.” — Bryce Harper
23. “I put more pressure on myself than anybody in this world.” — Bryce Harper
24. “The way you play is one thing, but the way you act is a little different.” — Bryce Harper
25. “You’re just trying to be a good person, the best you can be, on and off the field.” — Bryce Harper
Bryce made it to the top through a relentless commitment to his craft
You do not have to be a professional baseball player to leave your mark on this world.
Each of us is capable of making a difference in our lives and the lives of those around us.
How will you impact someone today?
Do you have any other favorite Bryce Harper quotes to add?
Be sure to let us know in the comments section below.