These quotes from Carlos Castaneda will inspire you to wake up your inner warrior and take action on your goals.
Carlos Castaneda was an author, philosopher, anthropologist, and shaman. Castaneda published a series of books that shared his experiences training in ancient shaman traditions passed down from the Toltec people of what is now Mexico.
These Carlos Castaneda quotes share his philosophy of what life meant from the perspective of a warrior.
Do you have what it takes to be a warrior?
The quotes below will show you the importance of taking action on your goals and living the life you dream of. As long as you believe in yourself and take logical action, there is nothing you cannot do.
Be sure to also check out these warrior quotes on having an unbeatable mind.
Carlos Castaneda quotes on changing your perspective
1. “Things don’t change, only the way you look at them.” – Carlos Castaneda
2. “We hardly ever realize that we can cut anything out of our lives, anytime, in the blink of an eye.” – Carlos Castenada
3. “The aim is to balance the terror of being alive with the wonder of being alive.” – Carlos Castaneda
4. “There are lots of things a warrior can do at a certain time which he couldn’t do years before. Those things themselves did not change; what changed was his idea of himself.” – Carlos Castaneda
5. “A warrior chooses a path with heart, any path with heart, and follows it; and then he rejoices and laughs. He knows because he sees that his life will be over altogether too soon. He sees that nothing is more important than anything else.” – Carlos Castaneda
Carlos Castaneda quotes on happiness
6. “The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” – Carlos Cataneda
7. “All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. However, a path without a heart is never enjoyable. On the other hand, a path with heart is easy-it does not make a warrior work at liking it; it makes for a joyful journey; as long as a man follows it, he is one with it.” – Carlos Castaneda
8. “It doesn’t matter what one reveals or what one keeps to oneself. Everything we do, everything we are, rests on our personal power.” – Carlos Castaneda
9. “You say you need help. Help for what? You have everything needed for the extravagant journey that is your life.” – Carlos Castaneda
10. “To seek freedom is the only driving force I know. Freedom to fly off into that infinity out there. Freedom to dissolve; to lift off; to be like the flame of a candle, which, in spite of being up against the light of a billion stars, remains intact, because it never pretended to be more than what it is: a mere candle.” – Carlos Castaneda
11. “If a warrior is to succeed at anything, the success must come gently, with a great deal of effort but with no stress or obsession.” – Carlos Castaneda
12. “Feeling important makes one heavy, clumsy and vain. To be a warrior one needs to be light and fluid.” – Carlos Castaneda
Carlos Castaneda quotes about life, death, and the universe
13. “Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you’re about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you that you’re wrong; that nothing really matters outside its touch. Your death will tell you, ‘I haven’t touched you yet.” – Carlos Castaneda
14. “For me the world is weird because it is stupendous, awesome, mysterious, unfathomable; my interest has been to convince you that you must assume responsibility for being here.” – Carlos Castaneda
15. “Anything is one of a million paths. Therefore, a warrior must always keep in mind that a path is only a path; if he feels that he should not follow it, he must not stay with it under any conditions. His decision to keep on that path or to leave it must be free of fear or ambition. He must look at every path closely and deliberately. There is a question that a warrior has to ask, mandatorily: ‘Does this path have a heart?’” – Carlos Castaneda
16. “In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link.” – Carlos Castaneda
17. “Intent is a force that exists in the universe. When sorcerers (those who live of the source) beckon to intent, it comes to them and sets up the path for attainment, which means that sorcerers always accomplish what they set out to do.” – Carlos Castaneda
18. “Do you know at this very moment you are surrounded by eternity? And do you know that you can use that eternity if you so desire?” – Carlos Castaneda
19. “We are men and our lot in life is to learn and to be hurled into inconceivable new worlds.” – Carlos Castaneda
20. “Only the idea of death makes a warrior sufficiently detached so that he is capable of abandoning himself to anything. He knows his death is stalking him and won’t give him time to cling to anything so he tries, without craving, all of everything.” – Carlos Castaneda
21. “A warrior thinks of death when things become unclear. The idea of death is the only thing that tempers our spirit.” – Carlos Castaneda
22. “Man lives only to learn. And if he learns it is because it is the nature of his lot, for good or bad.” – Carlos Castaneda
23. “For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length–and there I travel looking, looking breathlessly.” – Carlos Castaneda
Carlos Castaneda quotes about taking action
24. “A warrior must learn to make every act count, since he is going to be here in this world for only a short while, in fact, too short for witnessing all the marvels of it.” – Carlos Castaneda
25. “Nothing in this world is a gift. Whatever must be learned must be learned the hard way.” – Carlos Castaneda
26. “Whenever a warrior decides to do something, he must go all the way, but he must take responsibility for what he does. No matter what he does, he must know first why he is doing it, and then he must proceed with his actions without having doubts or remorse about them.” – Carlos Castaneda
27. “A rule of thumb for a warrior is that he makes his decisions so carefully that nothing that may happen as a result of them can surprise him, much less drain his power.” – Carlos Castaneda
28. “All of us, whether or not we are warriors, have a cubic centimeter of chance that pops out in front of our eyes from time to time. The difference between an average man and a warrior is that the warrior is aware of this, and one of his tasks is to be alert, deliberately waiting, so that when his cubic centimeter pops out he has the necessary speed, the prowess, to pick it up.” – Carlos Castaneda
29. “In a world where death is the hunter, my friend, there is no time for regrets or doubts. There is only time for decisions.” – Carlos Castaneda
30. “A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.” – Carlos Castaneda
31. “A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.” – Carlos Castaneda
Carlos Castaneda quotes about being a warrior
32. “A warrior cannot complain or regret anything. His life is an endless challenge, and challenges cannot possibly be good or bad. Challenges are simply challenges.” – Carlos Castaneda
33. “Only as a warrior can one withstand the path of knowledge.” – Carlso Castaneda
34. “The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.” – Carlos Castaneda
35. “The internal dialogue is what grounds people in the daily world. The world is such and such or so and so, only because we talk to ourselves about its being such and such and so and so. The passageway into the world of shamans opens up after the warrior has learned to shut off his internal dialogue” – Carlos Castaneda
36. “To achieve the mood of a warrior is not a simple matter. It is a revolution. To regard the lion and the water rats and our fellow men as equals is a magnificent act of a warrior’s spirit. It takes power to do that.” – Carlos Castaneda
37. “A man goes to knowledge as he goes to war, wide awake, with fear, with respect, and with absolute assurance.” – Carlos Castaneda
38. “An average man is too concerned with liking people or with being liked himself. A warrior likes, that’s all. He likes whatever or whomever he wants, for the hell of it.” – Carlos Castaneda
39. “A warrior considers himself already dead, so there is nothing to lose. The worst has already happened to him, therefore he’s clear and calm; judging him by his acts or by his words, one would never suspect that he has witnessed everything.” – Carlos Castaneda
40. “A warrior takes his lot, whatever it may be, and accepts it in ultimate humbleness. He accepts in humbleness what he is, not as a grounds for regret but as a living challenge.” – Carlos Castaneda
41. “Only a warrior can survive the path of knowledge because the art of the warrior is to balance the pain of being a man with the wonder of being a man.” – Carlos Castaneda
42. “The spirit of a warrior is not geared to indulging and complaining, nor is it geared to winning or losing. The spirit of a warrior is geared only to struggle, and every struggle is a warrior’s last battle on earth. Thus the outcome matters very little to him. In his last battle on earth a warrior lets his spirit flow free and clear. And as he wages his battle, knowing that his intent is impeccable, a warrior laughs and laughs.” – Carlos Castaneda
43. “When a warrior learns to stop the internal dialogue, everything becomes possible; the most far-fetched schemes become.” – Carlos Castaneda
44. “A warrior never worries about his fear.” – Carlos Castaneda
More Carlos Castaneda quotes
45. “Any path is only a path, and there is no affront to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you.” – Carlos Castaneda
46. “Beware of those who weep with realization, for they have realized nothing.” – Carlos Castaneda
47. “There is a flaw with words, they always force us to feel enlightened, but when we turn around to face the world they always fail us and we end up facing the world as we always have, without enlightenment” – Carlos Castaneda
48. “Forget the self and you will fear nothing, in whatever level or awareness you find yourself to be.” – Carlos Castaneda
49. “Think about it: what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellow men. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone.” – Carlos Castaneda
50. “If we don’t have enough personal power the most magnificent piece of wisdom can be revealed to us and it won’t make a damn bit of difference.” – Carlos Castaneda
Were you inspired by these Carlos Castaneda quotes?
While we can’t all be warriors trained in the ancient shamanic teachings of the Toltec people, we can be warriors in our own way.
We can be warriors by standing up for what we believe in. We can be warriors by taking action toward our dreams and achieving success in our goals. And we can be warriors by finding the balance in life and by practicing looking at things from new perspectives.
Everyone can be a warrior in some way. These powerful quotes will hopefully motivate you to stop waiting for someday and take action to succeed in your goals.
What are your favorite Carlos Castaneda quotes and sayings? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 18, 2020 7:00 AM EST