Through thick and thin, your ride or die will stand by your side until the very end. Our ride or die quotes are the perfect way to show your favorite person how much you appreciate them.
Who’s your ride or die?
When most people picture a ride or die relationship, they picture couples. But your ride or die could be anyone who’s always there for you.
Anybody from your best friend to your brother could be your ride or die. They’re the people you confide in. They know you better than anyone else and still choose to be by your side.
To celebrate ride or die relationships, we’ve collected a list of quotes about strong friendships and relationships. They describe duos who stick it out through the rough times because their bond is unbreakable.
Have fun reading the quotes below with your ride or die!
Don’t forget to also check out these soulmate quotes and sayings to put love into words.
Ride or die quotes about sticking together
1. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” — Oprah Winfrey
2. “Just being there for someone can sometimes bring hope when all seems hopeless.” – Dave G. Llewelyn
3. “Never confuse people who are always around you, with people who are always there for you.” – Gee Linder
4. “There’s nothing more vital to the bond you share with someone than simply being there for them.” – Suman Rai
5. “You don’t build a bond without being present.” – James Earl Jones
6. “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Barbara de Angelis
7. “Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.” – Swedish Proverb
8. “In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” — Albert Schweitzer
9. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
10. “Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.” – Socrates
11. “There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” – George Shinn
12. “The whole is other than the sum of the parts.” – Kurt Koffka
13. “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro
14. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
15. “Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.” – Henry Ford
Ride or die quotes for friends
16. “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.” — Unknown
17. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” — Bernard Meltzer
18. “Best friends don’t care if your house is clean. They care if you have wine.” — Unknown
19. “The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing…not healing, not curing…that is a friend who cares.” — Henri Nouwen
20. “A friend can tell you things you don’t want to tell yourself.” — Frances Ward Weller
21. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
22. “Friendship is accepting a person with all their qualities — good and bad.” — Mohanlal
23. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
24. “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
25. “A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!” – Doug Larson
26. “I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.” — Robert Brault
27. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
28. “I think if I’ve learned anything about friendship, it’s to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don’t walk away, don’t be distracted, don’t be too busy or tired, don’t take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together.” — Jon Katz
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our selection of friendship quotes celebrating life-long relationships.
Ride or die quotes for lovers
29. “If you love someone, the greatest gift you can give them is your presence.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
30. “You can’t just give up on someone just because the situation is not ideal. Great relationships aren’t great because they have no problems. They’re great because both people care about the other person to find a way to make it work.” – Unknown
31. “Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.” – Thomas Fuller
32. “Behind every happy couple lies two people who have fought hard to overcome all obstacles and interferences to be that way. Why? Because it’s what they wanted.” – Kim George
33. “We are told that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because they remain intrigued with each other, because of many kindnesses, because of luck. But part of it has got to be forgiveness and gratefulness.” – Ellen Goodman
34. “Relationships last long not because they’re destined to last long. Relationships last long because two brave people made a choice. To keep it, fight for it and to work for it.” – Unknown
35. “Whatever problems arise in a romantic relationship, it’s important to face them together as a couple. If an aspect of the relationship stops working, don’t simply ignore it, but instead address it with your partner. Things change, so respond to them together as they do.” – Anne Nwakama
36. “Every relationship has its problems but what makes it perfect is when you still want to be there when everything goes wrong.” – Ritu Ghatourey
37. “Great couples still get angry with each other, but they continue to discuss until there is a solution even if it takes several days.” – Bob Grant
38. “Problems should be like speed bumps. You slow down just to get over it, but you don’t let it stop you from heading to your destination. – Sonya Parker
39. “All relationships go through bad times, but real relationships get through bad times.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of toxic relationships quotes that will remind you it’s time to make some big changes.
40. “Trouble is part of your life, and if you don’t share it, you don’t give the person who loves you enough chance to love you enough.” – Dinah Shore
41. “Both people need to care deeply about the other person, to put the other’s needs before their own, and to make a daily commitment to that person to stick it out.” – Alessandra Torre
42. “There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.” – Bryant H. McGill
Ride or die quotes from celebrities
43. “Obviously I couldn’t have done anything that I’ve done without Michelle. Not only has she been a great first lady, she is just my rock. I count on her in so many ways every single day.” – Barack Obama (on wife Michelle Obama)
44. “When people ask me whether being in the White House has changed my husband, I can honestly say that when it comes to his character, and his convictions, and his heart, Barack Obama is still the same man I fell in love with all those years ago.” – Michelle Obama (on husband Barack Obama)
45. “We are, in a way, very codependent. He’s my lifeline, in an amazing way. Without him, I can’t breathe.” – David Burtka (on husband Neil Patrick Harris)
46. “There’s something kinetic about him and his being. He’s classically sexy, yet he’s very much a boy in his energy. It’s a great dynamic.” – Neil Patrick Harris (on husband David Burtka)
47. “I’m with someone who is totally secure in himself. He’s not trying to be anything other than what he is.” – Chrissy Teigen (on husband John Legend)
48. “We support each other in everything that we do and I love seeing her succeed at the things she loves to do and she loves seeing me succeed at things that I love to do. That’s the way you should be with your partner.” – John Legend (on wife Chrissy Teigen)
49. “Jada is magical. Part of why I love her is things happen in a way they shouldn’t happen, they shouldn’t go that way. She has this magical power.” – Will Smith (on wife Jada Pinkett-Smith)
50. “At the end of the day, Will and I are family. I am going to hold him down, doesn’t matter. At the end of the day, that is a man that can rely on me for the rest of his life, period.” – Jada Pinkett-Smith (on husband Will Smith)
What makes a perfect ride or die?
What a ride or die shouldn’t be is someone who sticks around an unhealthy, toxic relationship. If they aren’t treating you right, let go of them.
This goes for both friendships and a romantic relationship. A ride or die relationship should be healthy and mutually beneficial.
One of my ride or dies is my sister. She’s always been there for me–whether as a shoulder to cry on or a sounding board to bounce off ideas. We can tell each other anything and everything–which is vital. She makes my life better; that’s why she’s my ride or die.
Which of these ride or die quotes and sayings is your favorite? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
November 24, 2020 7:00 AM EST