Chase your dreams and wishes with the help of these Cinderella quotes.
Cinderella is about as classic a fairy tale as they come! It is commonly attributed to Disney, but it was based on the French story “Cendrillon”, by Charles Perrault in 1697.
What makes Cinderella so popular?
The story has been told in movies (both animated and otherwise), on Broadway, and a few made for TV specials. No matter which version you prefer believing in yourself, perseverance and being kind are central themes to the story.
We can all use a reminder that we have have the power to change our current situations if we believe that we can. With enough dreaming and wishing (and of course a lot of work) anything is possible!
Now, I know most of us don’t have fairy godmothers waiting in the wings, but I think we all know someone who is willing to help us reach our full potential! Hold onto your shoes, read through these Cinderella quotes and remember even miracles take time!
Cinderella quotes on kindness and how to treat others
1. “The sweetest sounds I’ll ever hear are still inside my head. The kindest words I’ll ever know are waiting to be said. The most entrancing sight of all is yet for me to see and the dearest love in all the world is waiting somewhere for me.” – Brandy Norwood, Cinderella
2. Cinderella: “I doubt he has any idea how a girl should be treated.” Prince Christopher: “Like a princess, I suppose.’” Cinderella: “No, like a person, with kindness and respect.” – Brandy Norwood, Cinderella
3. “Only a traveler who stopped for a dipper of water.” – Leslie Ann Warren, Cinderella
4. “Just because it’s what’s done doesn’t mean it’s what should be done!” – Lily James, Cinderella
5. “Perhaps the greatest risk any of us will ever take is to be seen as we really are.” – Cinderella
6. “Have courage and be kind.” – Lily James, Cinderella
7. “After all, I’m still a member of the family. And it says, ‘By royal command, every eligible maiden is to attend.’” – Cinderella
8. “You have never been… and you never will be my mother.” – Lily James, Cinderella
9. “I forgive you.” – Lily James, Cinderella
10. “I’m sorry, mother. I’m sorry. I know I said I’d have courage but I don’t. Not anymore. I don’t believe anymore.” – Lily James, Cinderella
Cinderella quotes on love
11. “So this is love. So this is what makes life divine. I’m all aglow…” – Cinderella
12. “Why it’s like a dream. A wonderful dream come true.” – Cinderella
13. “I’m sorry. I-I guess I forgot about everything, even the time, but… but it was so wonderful. And he was so handsome, and when we danced… oh, I’m sure that even the Prince himself couldn’t have been more… more… Oh, well, it-it’s over, and…” – Cinderella
14. “I see in you a man too perfect to be really true. Do I want you because you’re wonderful? Or are you wonderful because I want you?” – Brandy Norwood, Cinderella
15. “But shouldn’t a man love you for who you are, in spite of everything? – Brandy Norwood, Cinderella
16. “I don’t know. But whatever I’d say, we’d know in an instant we were meant for each other. Then he’d smile, and kiss my hand.” – Brandy Norwood, Cinderella
17. “I’m a girl men go mad for love’s a game I can play with a cool and confident kind of air.” – Julie Andrews, Roger’s and Hammerstein’s Cinderella
18. “I am Cinderella. Your Majesty, I am no princess. I have no carriage, no parents, no dowry. I do not even know if that beautiful slipper will fit But, if it does Will you take me as I am? A good honest country girl who loves you.” – Lily James, Cinderella
19. “Do you love me because I am beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me.” – Brandy Norwood, Cinderella
20. “I was not able to protect my father from you, but I will protect the Prince and the kingdom, no matter what becomes of me.” – Lily James, Cinderella
21. “The most entrancing sight of all is yet for me to see / And the dearest love in all the world is waiting somewhere for me / Is waiting somewhere, somewhere for me.” – Cinderella
Also read these funny Moana quotes that will inspire you to set out on an adventure of your own.
Cinderella quotes about dreams and wishes
22. “A dream is a wish your heart makes when you’re fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartaches. Whatever you wish for, you keep. Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.” – Cinderella
23. “Oh, that clock! Old killjoy. I hear you. “Come on, get up,” you say, “Time to start another day.” Even he orders me around. Well, there’s one thing. They can’t order me to stop dreaming.” – Cinderella
24. “Cause if you tell a wish, it won’t come true.” – Cinderella
25. “So I’ll trust my heart, what else can I do? I can’t live in dreams if my dreams are to come true.” – Cinderella
26. “Well, serves you right, spoiling people’s best dreams.” – Cinderella
27. “In dreams, you will lose your heartaches.” – Cinderella
28. “Have faith in your dreams, and someday your rainbow will come smiling through.” – Cinderella
Cinderella quotes from the eternal optimist
29. “Suppose they heard you upstairs. You know the orders. So if you don’t want to lose a warm, nice bed, you’d better get rid of those dreams. Know how? Just learn to like cats.” – Cinderella
30. “Oh, well. What’s a royal ball? After all, I suppose it would be frightfully dull, and-and-and boring, and-and completely… Completely wonderful.” –Cinderella
31. “But, you see… I have the other slipper.” – Cinderella
32. “T’s possible. Yes, everything is possible tonight!” – Leslie Ann Warren, Cinderella
33. “On the wings of my fancy I can fly anywhere and the world will open its arms to me.” – Julie Andrews
34. “If there’s any chance to set things right, I simply got to try.” – Cinderella
35. “Oh, I took a walk in the rain to cheer myself up.” – Cinderella
36. “But the world is full of zanies and fools / Who don’t believe in sensible rules/ And won’t believe what sensible people say / And because these daft and dewey-eyed dopes / Keep building up impossible hopes / Impossible / Things are happening every day.” – Brandy Norwood, Cinderella
Cinderella quotes about magic
37. Cinderella: “Mr. Lizard, I’m scared. I’m only a girl, not a princess.” Lizard Footman: “And I’m only a lizard, not a footman. Enjoy it while it lasts.” – Lily James, Cinderella
38. “I have to leave. It’s hard to explain. Lizards and pumpkins and… things.” – Lily James, Cinderella
39. “They don’t exist. They’re just made up for children.” – Lily James, Cinderella
Cinderella quotes from supporting characters
40. “If you’d lost all your faith, I couldn’t be here. And here I am!” – Fairy Godmother
41. “When there is kindness, there is goodness. When there is goodness, there is magic.” – Ella’s Mother
42. “Love. Ha! Just a matter of a boy meeting a girl under the right conditions.” – The King
43. “But we have to hurry because even miracles take a little time.” – Fairy Godmother
44. “I’m not getting any younger, you know. I want to see my grandchildren before I go.” – The King
45. “But like all dreams, I’m afraid this won’t last forever.” – Fairy Godmother
46. “And so Kit and Ella were married. And I can tell you, as her fairy godmother, that they were counted to be the fairest and kindest rulers the kingdom had known. And Ella continued to see the world not as it is, but as it could be, if only you believe in courage, and kindness and occasionally, just a little bit of magic.” – Fairy Godmother
47. “She believed in dreams, all right, but she also believed in doing something about them. When Prince Charming didn’t come along, she went over to the palace and got him.” – Walt Disney
48. “Why would a fella want a girl like her? / A frail and fluffy beauty? / Why can’t a fella ever once prefer / a solid gal like me.” – Stepsister, Cinderella
49. “She’s a frothy little bubble / with a flimsy kind of charm / and with very little trouble / I could break her little arm.” – Stepsister, Cinderella
50. “I’m your Hairy Dogfather… Oh! I mean, your Fairy Godmother.” – Fairy Godmother
Which of these Cinderella quotes is your favorite?
Hopefully, you aren’t up too late (past midnight?) but I am glad you came to find a little inspiration. It can be hard to believe in your dreams when the evil stepmothers (not mine, she is amazing) of the world go out of their way to make life difficult. Take a moment and realize that the magic needed lies in the power of believing in yourself, your friends and the people who love you.
I doubt anyone is going to show up with a magic wand, a pumpkin, and some friendly mice…but you never know what magic looks like. Maybe, its that opportunity just waiting for you to inquire. Magic could look like a connection you will make through a friend. You might stumble across something that is a perfect fit. Try it on, and when you are in doubt, whisper a little bibity-bobity-boo and just keep going.
Did you enjoy these Cinderella quotes and lines? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
January 6, 2020 7:23 AM EST