Chase your dreams and wishes with the help of these Cinderella quotes.
Cinderella is about as classic a fairy tale as they come!
It is commonly attributed to Disney, but it was based on the French story “Cendrillon”, by Charles Perrault in 1697.
What makes Cinderella so popular?
The story has been told in movies (both animated and otherwise), on Broadway, and a few made for TV specials.
No matter which version you prefer believing in yourself, perseverance and being kind are central themes to the story.
We can all use a reminder that we have have the power to change our current situations if we believe that we can.
With enough dreaming and wishing (and of course a lot of work) anything is possible!
Now, I know most of us don’t have fairy godmothers waiting in the wings, but I think we all know someone who is willing to help us reach our full potential!
Hold onto your shoes, read through these Cinderella quotes and remember even miracles take time!
Cinderella quotes on kindness and how to treat others
1. “The sweetest sounds I’ll ever hear are still inside my head. The kindest words I’ll ever know are waiting to be said. The most entrancing sight of all is yet for me to see and the dearest love in all the world is waiting somewhere for me.” – Brandy Norwood, Cinderella
2. Cinderella: “I doubt he has any idea how a girl should be treated.” Prince Christopher: “Like a princess, I suppose.’” Cinderella: “No, like a person, with kindness and respect.” – Brandy Norwood, Cinderella
3. “Only a traveler who stopped for a dipper of water.” – Leslie Ann Warren, Cinderella
4. “Just because it’s what’s done doesn’t mean it’s what should be done!” – Lily James, Cinderella
5. “Perhaps the greatest risk any of us will ever take is to be seen as we really are.” – Cinderella
6. “Have courage and be kind.” – Lily James, Cinderella
7. “After all, I’m still a member of the family. And it says, ‘By royal command, every eligible maiden is to attend.’” – Cinderella
8. “You have never been… and you never will be my mother.” – Lily James, Cinderella
9. “I forgive you.” – Lily James, Cinderella
10. “I’m sorry, mother. I’m sorry. I know I said I’d have courage but I don’t. Not anymore. I don’t believe anymore.” – Lily James, Cinderella
Cinderella quotes on love
11. “So this is love. So this is what makes life divine. I’m all aglow…” – Cinderella
12. “Why it’s like a dream. A wonderful dream come true.” – Cinderella
13. “I’m sorry. I-I guess I forgot about everything, even the time, but… but it was so wonderful. And he was so handsome, and when we danced… oh, I’m sure that even the Prince himself couldn’t have been more… more… Oh, well, it-it’s over, and…” – Cinderella
14. “I see in you a man too perfect to be really true. Do I want you because you’re wonderful? Or are you wonderful because I want you?” – Brandy Norwood, Cinderella
15. “But shouldn’t a man love you for who you are, in spite of everything? – Brandy Norwood, Cinderella
16. “I don’t know. But whatever I’d say, we’d know in an instant we were meant for each other. Then he’d smile, and kiss my hand.” – Brandy Norwood, Cinderella
17. “I’m a girl men go mad for love’s a game I can play with a cool and confident kind of air.” – Julie Andrews, Roger’s and Hammerstein’s Cinderella
18. “I am Cinderella. Your Majesty, I am no princess. I have no carriage, no parents, no dowry. I do not even know if that beautiful slipper will fit But, if it does Will you take me as I am? A good honest country girl who loves you.” – Lily James, Cinderella
19. “Do you love me because I am beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me.” – Brandy Norwood, Cinderella
20. “I was not able to protect my father from you, but I will protect the Prince and the kingdom, no matter what becomes of me.” – Lily James, Cinderella
21. “The most entrancing sight of all is yet for me to see / And the dearest love in all the world is waiting somewhere for me / Is waiting somewhere, somewhere for me.” – Cinderella
Also read these funny Moana quotes that will inspire you to set out on an adventure of your own.
Cinderella quotes about dreams and wishes
22. “A dream is a wish your heart makes when you’re fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartaches. Whatever you wish for, you keep. Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.” – Cinderella
23. “Oh, that clock! Old killjoy. I hear you. “Come on, get up,” you say, “Time to start another day.” Even he orders me around. Well, there’s one thing. They can’t order me to stop dreaming.” – Cinderella
24. “Cause if you tell a wish, it won’t come true.” – Cinderella
25. “So I’ll trust my heart, what else can I do? I can’t live in dreams if my dreams are to come true.” – Cinderella
Which of these Cinderella quotes is your favorite?
Hopefully, you aren’t up too late (past midnight?) but I am glad you came to find a little inspiration.
It can be hard to believe in your dreams when the evil stepmothers (not mine, she is amazing) of the world go out of their way to make life difficult.
Take a moment and realize that the magic needed lies in the power of believing in yourself, your friends and the people who love you.
I doubt anyone is going to show up with a magic wand, a pumpkin, and some friendly mice…but you never know what magic looks like.
Maybe, its that opportunity just waiting for you to inquire.
Magic could look like a connection you will make through a friend.
You might stumble across something that is a perfect fit.
Try it on, and when you are in doubt, whisper a little bibity-bobity-boo and just keep going.
Did you enjoy these Cinderella quotes and lines?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 7:31 AM EST