Are you a fan of the Netflix series Stranger Things? We have curated Stranger Things quotes illustrating the highs and lows of the past three seasons.
What’s your favorite character from Stranger Things?
Released in 2016, Stranger Things is an uber-popular Netflix sci-fi television series. The show centers around the lives of a group of friends, including one with psychokinetic powers.
Their journey throughout the series centers around understanding the strange things happening in their small town of Hawkins, Indiana. The series has won many awards since its initial release, both from fan-voted awards and committee-run awards.
Want to reminisce about the strange things that Eleven, Mike, Hopper, and company say? Take a look at the Stranger Things quotes below.
Relatable Stranger Things quotes
1. “Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.” – Jim Hopper (David Harbour)
2. “You shouldn’t like things because people tell you you’re supposed to.” – Jonathan Byers (Charlie Heaton)
3. “This is not yours to fix alone. You act like you’re all alone out there in the world, but you’re not. You’re not alone.” – Joyce Byers (Winona Ryder)
4. “There’s more to life than stupid boys, you know.” – Max Mayfield (Sadie Sink)
5. “Being a freak is the best. I’m a freak.” – Jonathan Byers (Charlie Heaton)
6. “We’re not even in the game; we’re on the bench.” – Mike Wheeler (Finn Wolfhard)
7. “People don’t spend their lives trying to look at what’s behind the curtain. They like the curtain. It provides them stability, comfort, and definition.” – Murray Bauman (Brett Gelman)
8. “Make mistakes, learn from them and when life hurts you, because it will, remember the hurt. The hurt is good. It means you’re out of that cave.” – Jim Hopper (David Harbour)
9. “I don’t like most people. He’s in the vast majority.” – Jonathan Byers (Charlie Heaton)
10. “There’s nothing simple about it. Nothing simple about anything you’ve told me.” – Murray Bauman (Brett Gelman)
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of 13 Reasons Why quotes from the hit Netflix show.
Funny Stranger Things quotes
11. “If anyone asks where I am, I’ve left the country.” – Mike Wheeler (Finn Wolfhard)
12. “You can’t spell America without Erica.” – Erica Sinclair (Priah Ferguson)
13. “Sometimes, your total obliviousness just blows my mind.” – Dustin Henderson (Gaten Matarazzo)
14. “I’m stealthy, like a ninja.” – Steve Harrington (Joe Keery)
15. “Son of a b*tch. You’re really no help at all, you know that?” – Dustin Henderson (Gaten Matarazzo)
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Black Mirror quotes from the long-running series.
16. “You’re gonna slay em dead.” – Steve Harrington (Joe Keery)
17. “It’s called code shut-your-mouth.” – Erica Sinclair (Priah Ferguson)
18. “Okay, it’s official. I’m never having kids.” – Dustin Henderson (Gaten Matarazzo)
19. “I may be a pretty shitty boyfriend, but turns out I’m actually a pretty damn good babysitter.” – Steve Harrington (Joe Keery)
20. “Yeah? And I want a date with Bo Derek. We all want things.” – Jim Hopper (David Harbour)
21. “You tell anyone that I told you that and your ass is grass.” – Steve Harrington (Joe Keery)
Don’t forget to also check out these interesting The Handmaid’s tale quotes.
Other hilarious Stranger Things quotes
22. “She will not be able to resist these pearls.” – Dustin Henderson (Gaten Matarazzo)
23. “You’re just not nimble enough, but you’ll get there someday.” – Lucas Sinclair (Caleb McLaughlin)
24. “I didn’t realize it was such an honor to go trick-or-treating with you.” – Max Mayfield (Sadie Sink)
25. “How many children are you friends with?” – Robin Buckley (Maya Hawke)
26. “I am on a curiosity voyage and I need my paddles to travel. These books—these books are my paddles. I need my paddles!” – Dustin Henderson (Gaten Matarazzo)
27. “When I become rich and famous for this one day, don’t come crawling back, saying, oh, my God, Dustin, I’m so sorry for being mean to you back in 8th grade.” – Dustin Henderson (Gaten Matarazzo)
28. “If you don’t mind, for the sake of your poor old dad, keep the door open three inches.” – Jim Hopper (David Harbour)
29. “You know what this half-baked plan of yours sounds like to me? Child endangerment.” – Erica Sinclair (Priah Ferguson)
30. “Touch my butt, I don’t care.” – Dustin Henderson (Gaten Matarazzo)
31. “Maybe I’ll just kill Mike. I’m the chief of police, I could cover it up.” – Jim Hopper (David Harbour)
Stranger Things quotes about fear
32. “Something’s coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here.” – Mike Wheeler (Finn Wolfhard)
33. “Did you ever think maybe Will went missing because he ran into something bad? And we’re going to the exact same spot where he was last seen? And we have no weapons or anything?” – Dustin Henderson (Gaten Matarazzo)
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of American Horror Story quotes that will terrify you.
34. “We’re talking about the destruction of our world as we know it.” – Lucas Sinclair (Caleb McLaughlin)
35. “You’re now faced with the same choice, Jane: go back into hiding and hope they don’t find you, or fight, and face them again.” – Kali Prasad (Linnea Berthelsen)
36. “No, El, you’re not the monster. You saved me. Do you understand? You saved me.” – Mike Wheeler (Finn Wolfhard)
Also read these interesting Matrix quotes that will really bake your noodle.
Stranger Things quotes about friendship
37. “Friends don’t lie.” – Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown)
38. “If we’re both going crazy, then we’ll go crazy together, right?” – Mike Wheeler (Finn Wolfhard)
39. “C-O-M-promise. Compromise? How ’bout that’s your word for the day, yeah? It’s something that’s kinda in-between, something like… half-way happy.” – Jim Hopper (David Harbour)
40. “What is friend?” – Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown)
41. “She’s our friend and she’s crazy.” – Dustin Henderson (Gaten Matarazzo)
42. “You know, out of all of my brother’s friends, you’re my favorite. You’ve always been my favorite.” – Nancy Wheeler (Natalia Dyer)
43. “I’m going to my friends. I’m going home.” – Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown)
Stranger Things quotes about love
44. “She’s only gonna break your heart, and you’re way too young for that shit.” – Steve Harrington (Joe Keery)
45. “Only love makes you that crazy sweetheart…and that damn stupid.” – Florence (Susan Shalhoub Larkin)
46. “I never gave up on you. I called you every night.” – Mike Wheeler (Finn Wolfhard)
Inspirational Stranger Things quotes
47. “Nobody normal ever accomplished anything meaningful in this world.” – Jonathan Byers (Charlie Heaton)
48. “Yeah, the real world sucks, deal with it like the rest of us.” – Jonathan Byers (Charlie Heaton)
49. “Men of science have made abundant mistakes of every kind.” – Sam Owens (Paul Reiser)
50. “All living organisms develop defense mechanisms against attack. They adapt. They find some way to survive.” – Sam Owens (Paul Reiser)
You might also like these inspirational Star Trek quotes to help you go where no man has before.
51. “You can love somebody without it being like that. You keep them a stranger, a stranger who’s a friend.” – Truman Capote
52. “There is a stranger who is more than a friend, and a friend who is worse than a stranger.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
53. “Strangers should meet in unfamiliar areas. It’s comforting.” – Robert Ludlum
54. “The truth is a stranger…Not always welcome by daylight.” – Colin Greenland
55. “Love between strangers takes only a few seconds and can last a whole life.” – Simon Van Booy
56. “Strangers take a long time to become acquainted, particularly when they are from the same family.” – M.E. Kerr
57. “A stranger becomes a friend and a friend becomes a foe.” – Amit Kalantri
58. “Be Grateful for friends, foes and strangers knowing that no one can stop what’s for YOU!” – Sanjo Jendayi
59. “Poor strangers, they have so much to be afraid of.” – Shirley Jackson
60. “Strangers are endearing because you don’t know them yet.” – Dejan Stojanovic
What makes Stranger Things binge-worthy television?
Audiences may come to Stranger Things for their life-like special effects or jaw-dropping stunts, but they stay for the friendships between the main characters. The power of friendship fuels the series and gives the characters the power to fight back against the many ghouls and goblins that run through Hawkins.
Today, take the time to reach out to a close friend and remind them of how much they mean to you. Just a quick text message or phone call can make someone’s day and strengthen your friendship.
Is there a relatable Stranger Things quote that we left off the list? What other TV shows should we showcase on Everyday Power? Tell us what you’re thinking in the comments section below!
January 4, 2020 7:30 AM EST