If you are in search of inspiring Julie Andrews Quotes, you have landed on the right page.
Here, we have curated a list of the best Julie Andrews quotes that are not only motivational but authentic too.
Apart from the quotes, we have also discussed Julie Andrews and her career as a pop singer.
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
Introduction to Julie Andrews
Julie Andrews was born on October 1, 1935, in Walton-on-Thames, England.
She is a beloved performer known for her talent as a:
Julie is also popular for her amazing talent, versatility, and elegant personality.
Since her childhood, Julie Andrews has been passionate about performing.
She was born to parents who were associated with entertainment in one way or another.
She developed powerful vocal skills and was known for her powerful stage presence.
Julie Andrews made her first stage appearance at the age of 12.
After that, she quickly gained popularity among the masses.
Rise to Stardom
Julie was successful in getting the breakthrough through the role of Mary Poppins.
This was the 1964 Disney film launched by the same name.
She won an Academy Award for Best Actress for her enchanting performance in this movie.
After that, Julie captivated the audience as Maria von Trapp.
She performed this role in the 1965 film adaptation of The Sound of Music.
Julie Andrews displayed her versatility both as a singer and actress.
She used to perform effortlessly on any stage.
Her captivating voice and elegant performance helped her to gain a huge following.
She has successfully performed all types of roles, such as dramatic and comedic performances.
Julie demonstrated how versatile she is in terms of her singing and acting talents.
Awards, Honors, and Accomplishments
The impressive talent owned by Julie Andrews and her contributions to the entertainment industry is widely recognized.
She has been awarded a range of awards and honors.
Apart from her Academy Award wins and nominations, she has also won different Grammy Awards, Golden Globe Awards, and Tony Awards.
These awards and honors serve as a testament to her unique and inspiring talent.
Influence and Legacy
The influence and legacy of Julie Andrews extended beyond her singing and iconic roles.
She is a true gem, committed to performing the best at every stage.
Julie is known to have done justice with almost every role she has performed.
Hence, she still continues to inspire young performers.
Top 5 Julie Andrews Quotes
The following are our top picks of the best Julie Andrews quotes you can’t afford to miss.
1. “I would be a fool to deny my own abilities.” — Julie Andrews
2. “When one door closes, another window opens.” — Julie Andrews
3. “Sometimes I’m so sweet even I can’t stand it.” — Julie Andrews
4. “Marriage is the hardest work you’re ever going to do.” — Julie Andrews
5. “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” — Julie Andrews
Wise Julie Andrews Quotes
Here are the Julie Andrews quotes that are based on wisdom.
6. “All love shifts and changes. I don’t know if you can be wholeheartedly in love all the time.” — Julie Andrews
7. “I justified working so hard by knowing that I was helping to maintain the roof over our heads.” — Julie Andrews
8. “Behaving like a princess is work. It’s not just about looking beautiful or wearing a crown. It’s more about how you are inside.” — Julie Andrews
9. “You just don’t know in life. Life knocks you about and pushes you over boundaries. But be ready. Do your homework; that’s all I can say.” — Julie Andrews
10. “Who could have imagined that life would have taken such marvelous twists and turns or that I would often be so fortunate to be in the right place at the right time?” — Julie Andrews
Julie Andrews Quotes On Embracing Opportunities and the Power of Art
Explore the wisdom of Julie Andrews as she shares inspiring insights on seizing opportunities and the transformative power of art in her uplifting quotes.
11. “I’m never sure one is exactly ready. You jump in, with both feet, into a very big fish pond.” — Julie Andrews
12. “Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me, it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.” — Julie Andrews
13. “The arts bridge cultures; they’re good for the economy, and they’re good for fostering empathy and decency.” — Julie Andrews
14. “Sometimes opportunities float right past your nose. Work hard, apply yourself, and be ready. When an opportunity comes, you can grab it.” — Julie Andrews
15. “Because of the Thames, I have always loved inland waterways – water in general, water sounds – there’s music in water. Brooks babbling, fountains splashing. Weirs, waterfalls; tumbling, gushing.” — Julie Andrews
You will also enjoy our article on Helen Mirren quotes.
Julie Andrews Quotes About Arts
Discover Julie Andrews’ profound perspective on the arts as she highlights their significance in bridging cultures, fostering empathy, and enriching our lives.
16. “The arts need funding.” — Julie Andrews
17. “You never start out being a star.” — Julie Andrews
18. “You can’t bring the arts too soon to kids.” — Julie Andrews
19. “The thrill of being in front of a camera remains exactly the same.” — Julie Andrews
20. “I love that President and Mrs. Obama are embracing the arts. I am so delighted.” — Julie Andrews
Some More Julie Andrews Quotes
Below are the bonus Julie Andrews quotes that are of several themes.
21. “I was always told I was not pretty enough.” — Julie Andrews
22. “Let me put it this way: I can sing a hell of an ‘Old Man River,’ way down in the bass.” — Julie Andrews
23. “My sense of the family history is somewhat sketchy because my mother kept a great deal to herself.” — Julie Andrews
24. “I thought it was all a flash in the pan. It wasn’t until Broadway came along that I felt I had really made it.” — Julie Andrews
25. “If you’re not educated to enjoy the arts, if you’re not taken to a concert, or you don’t hear something beautiful, you don’t know what you’re missing.” — Julie Andrews
Which One of these Julie Andrews Quotes is your Favorite?
Julie Andrews is popular for her impressive and enduring career.
She is renowned for her timeless performances, which solidified her as a true icon.
Being a remarkable and versatile singer, Julie became a beloved figure in the showbiz industry.
Due to this popularity, people love to share Julie Andrews quotes with their friends and family.
By going through the list provided above, you can also find a perfect Julie Andrews quote that inspired you the most.
If you have already found one, do share it with us via the comments section.
We are looking forward to your reply.