These Corrie Ten Boom quotes and sayings will inspire you to leave your comfort zone and stand up for those in need of advocacy.
Corrie Ten Boom was a Dutch watchmaker with a strong religious background. She frequently credited her family’s faith as a tantamount reason for hiding Jewish people during WWII.
The basic tenet of their religion was the equality of all human beings before God. That faith led to her saving the lives of approximately 800 human beings. She helped co-author the book The Hiding Place, which would eventually become a movie.
Ten Boom traveled as a missionary preaching about God’s forgiveness and why it was important for people to forgive others. These quotes center on her views about forgiveness and worrying.
She also spoke a great deal about love and the power of prayer. Many of her words are an inspiration, even if you do not share her faith. She helped co-author the book The Hiding Place, which would eventually become a movie.
Corrie Ten Boom quotes about worry
1. “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
2. “Worrying is carrying tomorrow’s load with today’s strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
3. “Worry is a cycle of inefficient thoughts whirling around a center of fear.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
4. “Let God’s promises shine on your problems.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
5. “If you look at the world, you’ll be distressed. If you look within, you’ll be depressed. If you look at God, you’ll be at rest.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of powerful depression quotes that will provide perspective.
6. “Some knowledge is too heavy…you cannot bear it…your Father will carry it until you are able.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
Corrie Ten Boom quotes about forgiveness
7. “Forgiveness is an act of the will, and the will can function regardless of the temperature of the heart.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
8. “Forgiveness is the key that unlocks the door of resentment and the handcuffs of hatred. It is a power that breaks the chains of bitterness and the shackles of selfishness.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
9. “And for all these people alike, the key to healing turned out to be the same. Each had a hurt he had to forgive.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
10. “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
11. “And so I discovered that it is not on our forgiveness any more than on our goodness that the world’s healing hinges, but on His. When He tells us to love our enemies, He gives, along with the command, the love itself.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
Corrie Ten Boom quotes about God and prayer
12. “There is no pit so deep, that God’s love is not deeper still.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
13. “Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?” ― Corrie Ten Boom
14. “What wings are to a bird, and sails to a ship, so is prayer to the soul.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
15. “Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
16. “God never measures the mind… He always put His tape measure in the HEART.” ― Corrie Ten-Boom
17. “My job was simply to follow His leading one step at a time, holding every decision up to Him in prayer.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
18. “The wonderful thing about praying is that you leave a world of not being able to do something and enter God’s realm where everything is possible. He specializes in the impossible. Nothing is too great for His almighty power. Nothing is too small for His love.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
19. “Don’t bother to give God instructions; just report for duty.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
20. “When you are covered by His wings, it can get pretty dark.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
Inspirational Corrie Ten Boom quotes
21. “Happiness isn’t something that depends on our surroundings… It’s something we make inside ourselves.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
22. “Memories are the key not to the past, but to the future.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
23. “How often it is a small, almost unconscious event that makes a turning point.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
24. “Child, you have to learn to see things in the right proportions. Learn to see great things great and small things small.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
25. “The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration, but its donation.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
26. “What I spent, I had; what I saved, I lost; what I gave, I have.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
27. “What feeds the soul matters as much as what feeds the body.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
28. “When the time comes that some of us will have to die, you will look into your heart and find the strength you need—just in time.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
29. “Books do not age as you or I do, they will speak on to generations we will never see.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
30. “Happiness is not dependent on happenings, but on relationships in the happenings.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
31. “Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
32. “When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don’t throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
33. “Joy runs deeper than despair.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
34. “Faith is like radar that sees through the fog — the reality of things at a distance that the human eye cannot see.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
35. “The tree on the mountain takes whatever the weather brings. If it has any choice at all, it is in putting down roots as deeply as possible.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
Corrie Ten Boom quotes about love
36. “Your love in me is stronger than the hatred.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
37. “Love is larger than the walls which shut it in.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
38. “Love is the strongest force in the world.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
39. “Whatever in our life is hardest to bear, love can transform into beauty.”― Corrie Ten Boom
40. “If people can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love!” ― Corrie Ten Boom
41. “Surely there is no more wretched sight than the human body unloved.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
42. “For that which is in your heart can never be taken from you.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
43. “Love is not soft as water is; it is solid as a rock on which the waves of hatred beat in vain.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
44. “Do you know what hurts so very much? It’s love.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
45. “Whenever we cannot love in the old, human way… God can give us the perfect way.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
What did you learn from these Corrie Ten Boom quotes?
It must have taken a great deal of courage and faith to do what Corrie Ten Boom did during the war. Many of her words are relevant for things we see happening in our society today.
“If people can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.”
We need more people who are taught to love in our world right now. Somedays, it feels like there is so much hate and anger that it’s hard to bear.
Could you disobey a tyrannical government and do the right thing? Are we willing to leave our comfort zone and stand up for those in need of advocacy? She risked death and imprisonment because all human beings should be equal. There is a special place in heaven for her, no doubt.
Did you enjoy these inspirational quotes? Please share any other Corrie Ten Boom quotes in the comment section below.
October 29, 2020 7:00 AM EST