40 Dan Quayle Quotes from Former Vice President
January 4, 2021 7:00 AM EST
These Dan Quayle Quotes will leave you in disbelief or laughing.
Dan Quayle is a former Republican Vice President of the United States born in Indianapolis, IN in 1947.
Although he grew up in Arizona, he moved back to Indiana where he was a state senator from 1981-1989.
He was the Vice President to George H.W. Bush from 1989 to 1993.
Dan Quale visited 47 countries during his term as Vice President.
He is known for funny quotes and some people have made fun of him for things he has said, but he had a successful political career and later joined a private equity firm in 1999.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Dan Quayle quotes on politics
1. “I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican.” ― Dan Quayle
2. “I do have a political agenda. It’s to have as few regulations as possible.” ― Dan Quayle
3. “In George Bush you get experience, and with me you get – The Future!” ― Dan Quayle
4. “This election is about who’s going to be the next President of the United States!” ― Dan Quayle
5. “We will invest in our people, quality education, job opportunity, family, neighborhood, and yes, a thing we call America.” ― Dan Quayle
6. “Congress should definitely consider decriminalizing possession of marijuana… We should concentrate on prosecuting the rapists and burglars who are a menace to society.” ― Dan Quayle
7. “The two-party system has served America very well. We always have political movements one way or another but the evolution of a lasting third party probably will not happen.” ― Dan Quayle
Surprising Dan Quayle quotes
8. “It’s wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago.” ― Dan Quayle
9. “We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur.” ― Dan Quayle
10. “We’re going to have the best-educated American people in the world.” ― Dan Quayle
11. “A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.” ― Dan Quayle
12. “Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teaches our children.” ― Dan Quayle
13. “It isn’t pollution that’s harming the environment. It’s the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.” ― Dan Quayle
14. “One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice-president, and that one word is ‘to be prepared’.” ― Dan Quayle
15. “People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history.” ― Dan Quayle
16. “We’re all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made.” ― Dan Quayle
17. “Bank failures are caused by depositors who don’t deposit enough money to cover losses due to mismanagement.” ― Dan Quayle
18. “Votes are like trees if you are trying to build a forest. If you have more trees than you have forests, then at that point the pollsters will probably say you will win.” ― Dan Quayle
19. “We shouldn’t have to be burdened with all the technicalities that come up from time to time with shrewd, smart lawyers interpreting what the laws or what the Constitution may or may not say.” ― Dan Quayle
20. “Failing to support children one has fathered is wrong. We must be unequivocal about this. It doesn’t help matters when prime-time TV has Murphy Brown, a character who supposedly epitomizes today’s intelligent, highly paid professional woman, mocking the importance of fathers by bearing a child alone and calling it just another lifestyle choice.” ― Dan Quayle
And more shocking Dan Quayle quotes
21. “It’s a very good historical book about history.” ― Dan Quayle
22. “If we don’t succeed we run the risk of failure.” ― Dan Quayle
23. “This President is going to lead us out of this recovery.” ― Dan Quayle
24. “We don’t want to go back to tomorrow, we want to go forward.” ― Dan Quayle
25. “Republicans have been accused of abandoning the poor. It’s the other way around. They never vote for us.” ― Dan Quayle
26. “The global importance of the Middle East is that it keeps the Far East and the Near East from encroaching on each other.” ― Dan Quayle
Other interesting Dan Quayle quotes
27. “Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it.” ― Dan Quayle
28. “Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child.” ― Dan Quayle
29. “The President is going to benefit from me reporting directly to him when I arrive.” ― Dan Quayle
30. “I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future.” ― Dan Quayle
31. “It’s a question of whether we’re going to go forward into the future, or past to the back.” ― Dan Quayle
32. “Murphy Brown is doing better than I am. At least she knows she still has a job next year.” ― Dan Quayle
33. “What a terrible thing to have lost one’s mind. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is.” ― Dan Quayle
34. “Every once in a while, you let a word or phrase out and you want to catch it and bring it back. You can’t do that. It’s gone, gone forever.” ― Dan Quayle
35. “The question in life is not whether you get knocked down. You will. The question is, are you ready to get back up… And fight for what you believe in?” ― Dan Quayle
36. “When you make as many speeches and you talk as much as I do and you get away from the text, it’s always a possibility to get a few words tangled here and there.” ― Dan Quayle
37. “El Salvador is a democracy so it’s not surprising that there are many voices to be heard here. Yet in my conversations with Salvadorans… I have heard a single voice.” ― Dan Quayle
38. “I pledge allegiance to the Christian flag, and to the Savior, for whose Kingdom it stands, one Savior, crucified, risen, and coming again, with life and liberty for all who believe.” ― Dan Quayle
39. “When I have been asked during these last weeks who caused the riots and the killing in L.A., my answer has been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame.” ― Dan Quayle
40. “Mars is essentially in the same orbit… Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe.” ― Dan Quayle
What did you learn from these Dan Quayle quotes?
Hopefully, you have enjoyed reading these entertaining quotes from Dan Quayle.
You can tell that he was and is quite a character and was not afraid to speak before thinking through it.
Speaking so quickly sometimes got him in trouble or resulted in him saying something embarrassing, but at least he had the courage to continue speaking.
The most enjoyable thing about these quotes was that we have all stuck our foot in our mouths at times.
But when you are constantly in the public eye, everything you say is scrutinized, so when you mess up, you will hear about it.
Are you a fan of people who just speak their minds without thinking things through, or are you someone who prefers people who take their time and provide cool, calculated answers?
The difference in us all is what makes this world entertaining.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Dan Quayle quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.