Our latest collection of sunshine quotes and sayings to inspire and motivate you. These quotes about sunshine will help bring hope and positive energy in your day.
A little bit of sunshine on your body every day has great advantages. Getting exposure to sunlight has immense benefits – both emotionally and physically.
Natural sunlight is a free mood enhancer. According to studies, catching moderate amounts of rays can boost your mood and help you feel calm and focused.
Besides mood boost, sun exposure has other amazing health benefits. A sensible amount of sunshine can help fight stress and reduce your risk of several cancers. Also, the vitamin D made thanks to the sun plays a big role in bone health.
The sun shining on us makes us mindful, gives us more energy, and helps us feel more positive.
In honor of the sun’s goodness, below is our collection of inspiring, beautiful, and optimistic sunshine quotes, sunshine sayings, and sunshine proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Remember to also read our collection of sunset quotes that will inspire you to see all the beauty around you. Be sure to check those too.
Sunshine quotes and sayings to honor the new day
1. ”Don’t let the shadows of yesterday spoil the sunshine of tomorrow. Live for today.” – Nandina Morris
2. ”Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
3. ”If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.” – Morris West
4. ”Sunshine is a welcome thing. It brings a lot of brightness.” – Jimmie Davis
5. ”Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.” – Mario Fernandez
6. “I’m just a simple guy, I live from day to day. A ray of sunshine melts my frown and blows my blues away.” – Jimmy Page
7. “Have you ever looked up to the bright natural morning light and felt bad? You cannot because this is the light which brings happiness and starts the another day in your precious life.” – Evelyn Snares
8. ”To be happy you must be your own sunshine.” – C.E. Jerningham
9. ”Look at the sunny side of everything.” – Christian D. Larsen
10. ”Your thoughts and your perception of the world influences all that you do, and all that you are, and all that you can be. If you see the sunshine, feel the sunshine then you feel good. But if your focus is only on the clouds and the dark sky then you may find yourself a bit gloomy.” – Catherine Pulsifer
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these depression quotes on mental health to help you feel understood.
Sunshine quotes to fill you with love and hope
11. ”There is nothing more beautiful than a rainbow but it takes both rain and sunshine to make a rainbow.” – Anonymous
12. ”A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine.” – Andrew Carnegie
13. “Think of the days alive with sunshine, not the dismal days of rain.” – Robert E Farley
14. ”We need the storms, the overcast days to help us appreciate the sunny days. If it was sunny every day then we would start taking it for granted.” – Catherine Pulsifer
15. “When you can’t find the sunshine, be the sunshine.” – Anonymous
16. “Life is a mixture of sunshine and rain, teardrops and laughter, pleasure and pain. Just remember, there was never a cloud that the sun couldn’t shine through.” – Anonymous
17. ”Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.” – Jack Ma
18. “After rain, comes sunshine.” – Anonymous
19. ”Don’t confuse your path with your destination, just because it’s stormy now, doesn’t mean you aren’t headed for sunshine.” – Dr. Anthony Fernando
20. ”Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and the shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman
Don’t forget to also read our collection of energy quotes that will lift your spirits.
Sunshine quotes to honor its goodness
21. ”The sun is a daily reminder that we too can rise again from the darkness, that we too can shine our own light.” – S. Ajna
23. ”A cloudy day or a little sunshine have as great an influence on many constitutions as the most recent blessings or misfortunes.” – Joseph Addison
24. ”Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them.” – Louisa May Alcott
25. ”Yo the sun don’t shine forever, but as long as it’s here then we might as well shine together, better now than never.” – Sean John Combs
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also love our collection of yellow quotes for a happy aesthetic.
26. ”He that will enjoy the brightness of sunshine, must quit the coolness of the shade.” – Samuel Johnson
27. “Sunsets are proof that endings can often be beautiful, too.” – Beau Taplin
28. ”Get off the track of doubt and gloom, get on the sunshine track – there’s room.” – Anonymous
29. ”The sun,–the bright sun, that brings back, not light alone, but new life, and hope, and freshness to man–burst upon the crowded city in clear and radiant glory. Through costly-coloured glass and paper-mended window, through cathedral dome and rotten crevice, it shed its equal ray.” – Charles Dickens
30. ”Anyone’s life truly lived consists of work, sunshine, exercise, soap, plenty of fresh air, and a happy contented spirit.” – Lillie Langtry
Sunshine quotes to inspire and encourage you
31. ”For every day that there is sunshine, there will be days of rain, it’s how we dance within them both that shows our love and pain.” – Joey Tolbert
32. ”Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” – John Ruskin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of snow quotes that celebrate the winter season.
33. ”Friends are the sunshine of life.” – John Hay
34. ”Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower.” – Hans Christian Anderson
Don’t forget to also check out these sky quotes for those who marvel the world above.
35. ”Love comforteth like sunshine after rain.” – William Shakespeare
36. “A good laugh is sunshine in the house.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
37.) “Summer afternoon — summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” – Henry James
38. “A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition.” – William Arthur Ward
39. ”To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” – David Viscott
40. ”If you want to see the sunshine, you have to weather the storm.” – Frank Lane
Also, read these inspirational rain quotes and sayings to lift your spirit.
Sunshine quotes to give you more energy
41. ”Make hay while the sun shines.” – Miguel de Cervantes
42. ”Smile. It is sunshine to others.” – Joe Vitale
43. ”If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightning.” – Khalil Gibran
44. ”Anything is possible with sunshine and a little pink.” – Lilly Pulitzer
45. ”Sunshine always inspires me.” – Judith Hill
46. ”Music is sunshine. Like sunshine, music is a powerful force that can instantly and almost chemically change your entire mood. Music gives us new energy and a stronger sense of purpose.” – Michael Franti
47. “It shone on everyone, whether they had a contract or not. The most democratic thing I’d ever seen, that California sunshine.” – Angela Carter
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of California quotes that will make you want to pack a bag for the coast.
48. ”Nobody needs a smile so much as the one who has none to give. So get used to smiling heart-warming smiles, and you will spread sunshine in a sometimes dreary world.” – Lawrence G. Lovasik
49. ”I know it’s a cliché, but the sun makes me happy. When you can feel the sunshine on you, you feel better, happier, and naturally, every human being needs the sun.” – Doutzen Kroes
50. ”Compliment people wherever you go. Praise every single thing you see. Be a ray of sunshine to everyone you meet.” – Rhonda Byrne
Don’t forget to also read these beautiful August quotes celebrating the Sunday of summer.
More sunshine quotes and sayings
51. “God gives us the sunshine of hope everyday. It’s up to us to find and bask in it daily.” – Timothy Pina
52. “In a world like ours, all we’ve got to be is the warmth of the morning sun.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
53. “In your eyes I found something that shines brighter than a thousand rays of sunshine.” – Giovannie de Sadeleer
54. “Without stormy days, we forget to value sunny skies.” – Cathy Burnham Martin
55. “I always assumed everybody shared my love for overcast skies. It came as a shock to find out that some people prefer sunshine.” – Glenn Gould
56. “No matter how long is a rainy day, it cannot beat the sun forever.” – Alok Jagawat
57. “If you can dance like raindrops, there will always be sunshine.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
58. “Have a ray of sunshine and light with you everywhere you may go.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
59. “Hope is the sunshine and sprinklers of your life. It’s what makes you grow and thrive.” – Justin Buzzard
60. “In the morning I drink a glass of sunshine to brighten my heart. I smile to spread the light of life.” – Debasish Mridha
Remember to also read these beautiful moon quotes to illuminate your life.
Which of these sunshine quotes was your favorite?
Most of us rejoice when the summer comes. It feels so good to have the warm sun on our body.
Although overexposure can be a danger to your skin, a moderate amount of sunshine has huge benefits and can help improve your life in various ways. Hopefully, the above quotes about sunshine will help you enjoy more of the sun’s goodness.
Did you enjoy these sunshine quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
June 3, 2021 5:30 AM EST