We have all the stupid people quotes you are looking for.
Look, we have all been there.
Having a direct conversation with somebody stupid.
I know the word stupid can seem harsh, but by definition, it is not such a judgemental word.
Tell us your favorite stupid people quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these stupid people quotes?
Stupid behavior is observational behavior, meaning a person has to know better than to do something stupid.
For example, a child unknowingly touching a hot stove and getting burned is not a result of stupidity.
That is a result of ignorance.
Ignorance is when you make a choice or engage in an action that is detrimental or dangerous without your awareness.
It is impossible for us to know what we do not know.
Stupid is different.
Stupid is knowingly touching a stove after we have been made aware that it is hot.
Knowingly making the choice to do a potentially dangerous or harmful thing when you know better is stupid.
Top 10 stupid people quotes
1. “Only stupid people are changed by success.” ― Jurgen Klopp
2. “Stupidity goes hand in hand with racism.” ― A.D. Aliwat, In Limbo
3. “Wise is the one who learns to dumb it down.” ― Curtis Tyrone Jones
4. “Stupid people make stupid people famous.” ― Abhijit Naskar, Mission Reality
5. “Stupid people don’t always know that they’re stupid.” ― Jonas Karlsson, The Room
6. “The ugly and stupid have the best of it in this world.” ― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
7. “Reading really is one of the best remedies for stupidity.” ― Jon Etter, Another Dreadful Fairy Book
8. “By locking the stupidity around you, you can unlock the sagacity within you.” ― Dr. P. S. Jagadeesh Kumar
9. “Dear millennials: Youth is fleeting. Stupid is forever.” ― Oliver Markus Malloy, Inside The Mind of an Introvert
10. “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.” ― Albert Einstein
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of fool quotes that you won’t forget.
Stupid people quotes by famous people
11. “Life is tough, but it’s tougher when you’re stupid.” ― John Wayne
12. “If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can’t it get us out?” ― Will Rogers
13. “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.” ― George Carlin
14. “Love at first sight is probably for stupid people, but maybe I’m just cynical.” ― Greg Davies
15. “Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.” ― George Carlin
16. “I’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet. I want to know who the morons are.” ― Mark Cuban
17. “Who can have compassion on the ignorant is a victim of regrets, a supporter of ignorance, and a builder of stupidity.” ― Auliq Ice
18. “I feel like I’ve lost so many amazing traits because I’ve listened to stupid people, ignorant people who are bullies.” ― Kylie Jenner
19. “I was doing a bit that stupid people should be slapped. But the more I did it, the more I didn’t like that connotation, the violence and all that. The more I thought about it; I thought they should just wear signs. And, man, it just took off.” ― Bill Engvall
20. “Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we’re looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn’t test people for drugs. We should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed, and love of power.” ― P. J. O’Rourke
Arguing with stupid people quotes (and why you shouldn’t)
21. “You can’t fix stupid.” ― R. Alan Woods
22. “I have a hard time arguing with stupid people.” ― Carl Hart
23. “Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
24. “The problem with the world is that everyone does not have a brain, but everyone does have a tongue.” ― Raheel Farooq
25. “It’s strange how some people ignore the logic just because they believe what they like to believe and ignore the truth.” ― Auliq Ice
26. “I’ve learned two things the hard way: You can’t fix stupid, and you shouldn’t use up your patience to fix stupid.” ― Karen A. Baquiran
27. “If you want to teach fools, I say don’t waste your time! If you say I will learn something from fools, then I say you are a fool!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
28. “Stupid people do make me lose my temper, and most people are stupid, fortunately for me. It’s made it easier for me to make a living.” ― Albert Gubay
29. “Stupid people always dismiss as untrue anything that happens only very seldom, or anything that their minds cannot readily grasp.” ― Apuleius, The Golden Ass
30. “The problem is that no matter where you work, there’s going to be people that are so dumb you wonder how the hell they remember to breathe every morning.” ― Lillian Strange
Funny or sarcastic quotes about stupid people
31. “I’m allergic to stupidity.” ― Chris Colfer, Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal
32. “Only idiots are confident. It requires a great amount of wisdom and knowledge to be confused.” ― Abhishek Leela Pandey
33. “Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.” ― John Stuart Mill
34. “When I left NSA, it was with an understanding that you can never underestimate the power of large numbers of stupid people.” ― William Binney
35. “A zombie film is not fun without a bunch of stupid people running around and observing how they fail to handle the situation.” ― George A. Romero
36. “If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” ― Scott Adams
37. “It is so pleasant to come across people more stupid than ourselves. We love them at once for being so.” ― Jerome K. Jerome, Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
38. “The problem with educating stupid people was that they didn’t know they were stupid. The same went for curing crazy people.” ― Chuck Palahniuk, Phoenix
39. “The first stupid thing human learned is to speak a language, and the second stupidest thing human learned is not understanding his own language.” ― P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
40. “I wanted to make a film about stupid people that was very vulgar and deeply stupid. From that moment on, I can hardly be reproached for making a film that is about stupid people.” ― Claude Chabrol
Interesting stupid people quotes to consider
41. “Whether it’s personal foibles or a bureaucrat’s ego, the stubborn defense of stupidity is unforgivable.” ― Stewart Stafford
42. “There are all kinds of stupid people that annoy me but what annoys me most is a lazy argument.” ― Christopher Hitchens
43. “I have long known that it is part of God’s plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.” ― Bill Bryson
44. “If you call yourself an “authoress” on your Facebook profile, you suck at life. You are stupid, and your children are ugly.” ― Oliver Markus
45. “The stupid are always in a tendency to create enemies; on the other hand the clever are always in a tendency to create friendships!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
46. “When a stupid government is elected in a democratic country, the best thing about this is that you learn the number of stupid people in that country!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
47. “Racist people are few, in the minority. But you can do nothing to change them. You can talk, you can do what you want, but you can’t do anything because they are just stupid people.” ― Mario Balotelli
48. “There is nothing more annoying than somebody who is really thick but who believes with absolute conviction that he is more intelligent than you.” ― Karl Wiggins, Wrong Planet – Searching for your Tribe
49. “Some people don’t need the others’ approval. They build themselves a pedestal and they climb it. One stupid person is enough to admire them, and you cannot escape their greatness.” ― Natașa Alina Culea, Visele nu dorm niciodata
50. “I don’t mind being criticized because I am not that easy to knock down, and no one can destroy me. But I am bothered by the stupid people who call me dirty, brainless, and an idiot. You don’t say words like these to someone who you know nothing about.” ― Granit Xhaka
What is stupidity, and how do you spot it?
Famous theorist and writer Frantz Fanon created a word to address stupidity academically.
He coined the term cognitive dissonance to describe a person who is presented with new information but refuses to acknowledge it because it challenges or goes against their worldview.
We have all said something stupid or done something stupid in our lives.
It is inevitable.
What makes stupid choices or stupid expressions special is that we can learn from them.
What makes stupid people stupid is that they choose not to learn from their mistakes.
Investor Auliq Ice points out, “It’s strange how some people ignore the logic just because they believe what they like to believe and ignore the truth.”
Stupid people tend to lead with their emotion over logic, which is understandable in emotionally charged moments but not wise as a basis for how we integrate information or engage others.
Tell us which of these stupid people quotes most resonated with you in the comment section below.
December 21, 2022 8:00 AM EST