Sit back and enjoy reading these Dear White People quotes.
Dear White People is an American dark comedy film that is full of satirical racial moments. The film focuses on building up racial tensions among students of a prestigious Ivy League college.
It follows the perspective of several black students and tackles the ongoing issues surrounding American race relations and other issues.
The series starts with the circulating party invitation entitled Dear Black People, which was hosted by a white group of students under the magazine called Pastiche.
This series explores racial identity and creates a unique story that anyone can relate to. So, enjoy these Dear White People quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these One Day At A Time quotes from the reimagined series.
Dear White People quotes from Sam
1. “Dear white people, here’s a little tip: When you ask someone who looks ethnically different ‘what are you?’ the answer is usually a person about to slap the shit out of you.” — Sam
2. “I like my men like I like my coffee ― full-bodied and preferably with Kenyan origins.” — Sam
3. “ Equal? You could only vote if you owned land and didn’t have a vagina.” — Sam
4. “Dear white people, our skin color is not a weapon. You don’t have to be afraid of it.” — Sam
5. “The whole movement is about pain. That’s why we’re out in these streets.” — Sam
6. “We’re going to bring together every marginalized group on this campus and demand a protest!” — Sam
7. “Troy’s got you drinking his Kool-Aid… or his daddy’s Kool-Aid. But guess what? I ain’t thirsty, girl.” — Sam
8. “Have you been to a Winchester townhall? They’re so regimented even Kim Jung Un’s like ‘guys, chill, let somebody talk.’” — Sam
9. “So because I call it out, racism is my fault?!” — Sam
10. “None of this is a threat to you because you already have the power.” — Sam
11. “God, I pray he didn’t stretch little Rudy out in any other way.” — Sam
Dear White People quotes from Joelle
12. “You’re not Rashida Jones biracial, you’re Tracee Ellis Ross biracial ― people think of you as black!” — Joelle
13. “Sometimes being carefree and black is an act of revolution.” — Joelle
14. “I like him black, actually black as hell and unapologetic about it.” — Joelle
15. “The man can take an episode of Rudy getting a B- and stretch it into half hour of comedic goal.” — Joelle
16. “Waist-thin, ass-thick is going to have to wait until America solves its race issues.” — Joelle
Dear White People quotes from Coco
17. “ Dear white people, having a black vibrator does not count as an interracial relationship.” — Coco
18. “As soon as you double down on your blackness, they will double down on their bullshit… Who cares if you’re woke or not if you’re dead?” — Coco
19. “I’m smarter than you. I’m more ambitious than you. Thirty years from now when I am the second black female president, all you’ll be able to do is think about me and I won’t remember your name.” — Coco
20. “Some of you, with your liberal purity deciding who’s black enough! Who cares if you;re woke or not if you’re dead?” — Coco
Dear White People quotes from Reggie
21. “ I plan on marrying me a dark-skinned sister; have the ashiest black babies possible.” — Reggie
22. “Gun in my face, your hate misplaced, light-skin, white skin but for me not the right skin.” — Reggie
23. “ Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. For some of us maybe. There’s nothing self-evident about it.” — Reggie
Dear White People quotes from Sam
24. “The Gremlins are loud, talk in slang, are addicted to fried chicken and freak out when you get their hair wet.” — Sam
25. “Dear white people, the minimum requirement of black friends needed to not seem racist has just been raised to two. Sorry, but your weed man, Tyrone, does not count.” — Sam
26. “No need. Mass media from Fox News to reality TV on VH1 makes it clear what white people think of us.” — Sam
27. “Dear white people, this just in: Dating a black person to piss off your parents is a form of racism.” — Sam
28. “Black people can’t be racist. Prejudice, yes, but not racist. Racism describes a system of disadvantage based on race. Black people can’t be racist since we don’t stand to benefit from such a system.” — Sam
29. “You’re trying to frighten me, but I think you’re the one who’s scared.” — Sam
30. “Troy, we live in a world where there’s a Big Momma’s House *3*. I don’t think I have a chance in hell.” — Sam
31. “Dear white people, please stop touching my hair. Does this look like a petting zoo to you?” — Sam
Dear White People quotes from Gabe
32. “I’m sorry if I can’t be your Nubian Prince on my black horse ready to take you back to f***ing Zamunda.” — Gabe
33. “You like to watch me when you think I’m sleeping and trace the outlines of my face. You’re more Banksy than Barack. But you’ve been co-opted as some sort of revolutionary leader or something. But really, you’re an anarchist. A sh*t-starter. A beautiful filmmaker. And beautiful in general.” — Gabe
Dear White People quotes from President Fletcher
34. “Racism is over in America. The only people who are thinking about it are, I dunno, Mexicans probably.” — President Fletcher
35. “And I think you long for days when blacks were hanging from trees and denied actual rights that way you’d have something to actually fight against.” — President Fletcher
The series gained critical acclaim from its audience. However, it also received criticism for being racist and biased towards white people, which was denied by the creators of this show and double down that this reaction is the core message of the series.
In our modern and civilized world, it is undeniable yet difficult to imagine that systemic racism persists. There are tons of people at a disadvantage because of their skin color.
This series aims to shed light on these issues and give a different perspective on the lives of black people in America.
Hopefully, you’ll enjoy reading and thinking through these Dear White People quotes and sayings. Don’t forget to share them with your friends and followers.
November 8, 2021 7:00 AM EST