Cheerleading Quotes to Lift Your Spirits
May 15, 2023 6:00 AM EST
Cheerleading quotes are gaining popularity, and people love sharing them via social media.
To help you find your favorite cheerleading quotes, we have created a list of such quotes.
Besides our quotes section, we have also discussed cheerleading and its benefits.
You may also enjoy reading these related articles:
So, without any further delay, let’s dive in!
What is Meant by the term Cheerleading?
Cheerleading is a kind of sporting event that has been there for decades.
However, over the years, cheerleading has evolved a lot.
Cheerleading consists of various entertaining elements like dance, gymnastics, and stunts.
History of Cheerleading
When it comes to the origin of cheerleading, it was started in the late 1800s.
Princeton University is the place where cheerleading was first performed.
It was considered a way to cheer up and encourage the members of the school football team.
After that, cheerleading became famous across other parts of America.
After the 1950s, cheerleading became an activity performed by female participants.
In the 1970s, cheerleading became a display of acrobatics and stunts.
The International Cheer Union (ICU) was founded in 1997.
The purpose of this institution was to promote cheerleading as a sport.
Benefits of Cheerleading
Cheerleading isn’t just a way to entertain the crowd.
On the other hand, there are numerous benefits for the athletes:
- Physical Fitness
- Time Management
As a matter of fact, cheerleading is a team sport.
It relies on the coordination and trust between the team members.
Hence, it promotes perfect interaction and teamwork.
Cheerleading serves as a source to build self-esteem and confidence.
Hence, athletes can learn new skills and gain confidence to perform in front of a huge audience.
This is one of the most prominent benefits of cheerleading.
The members of a cheerleading group have to pass through a lot of physical activities.
For instance, a cheerleading act involved tumbling, jumping, and performing a variety of different stunts.
All these activities enhance the overall physical activities of a cheerleader.
Cheerleading is a great way to improve the leadership qualities of the athletes.
The team members can serve as team leader or lead choreographer.
Cheerleading is all about timing and balance.
Hence, the athletes learn how to manage their time and practice their skills.
This helps them to understand and follow time management skills.
Top 10 Cheerleading Quotes
Let’s check the list of top 10 cheerleading quotes from our compilation.
1. “My favorite sport is cheerleading!” — Miley Cyrus
2. “I definitely think cheerleaders have no fear.” — Ashley Tisdale
3. “Wimps lift Weights, Cheerleaders lift People.” — Stephanie
4. “The Scotsman’ is a cheerleader for devolution.” — Andrew Neil
5. “I’m the No. 1 cheerleader for the state of Iowa.” — Kim Reynolds
6. “If I had made it in cheerleading, I would have never been an actress.” — Christine Taylor
7. “Whenever Tua gets his chance, I’m going to be his biggest cheerleader.” — Ryan Fitzpatrick
8. “I don’t want to collect any paychecks as a cheerleader on the sideline.” — John Matuszak
9. “As many Giants fans know, we’re one of the few teams without cheerleaders.” — Steve Tisch
10. “The whole history of computers is rampant with cheerleading at best and bigotry at worst.” — Larry Wall
Cheerleading Quotes that Capture the Spirit of the Sport
Enjoy the following quotes from various authors who share their passion for cheerleading.
11. “I trade doubt for belief. I trade cheerleading for nothing!” — Kate
12. “I don’t work with a trainer. I just go to cheerleading practice and run a couple times a week.” — Kendall Jenner
13. “U can hold me, u can love me, u can kiss me, and u can touch me, but don’t u dare say Cheerleading is not a sport!!!” — Allie
14. “You have to work really hard if you want to be good at cheerleading. It’s just like any other sport!” — Stephanie
15. “Cheerleading is the life, and life is cheerleading; anything less would be second rate, and our squad does not use second rate!” — Randi
16. “When we were doing the cheerleading for this, I was excited about doing it because I always wanted to be a cheerleader.” — Christina Milian
17. “Cheerleading was my way in. It was one of the most rigorous audition processes ever. It definitely groomed me for Hollywood.” — Sarah Shahi
18. “Cheerleading gave me a love of sports, which I brought to the Senate. I can talk to the good ol’ boys about college sports because I follow it as they do.” — Kay Bailey Hutchison
19. “Cheerleading is life; you must give it your all and always strive to be on top. It teaches you so much, from how to be a team player, leadership, dedication, confidence, and many other qualities.” — Natasha Richardson
20. “People will judge you based upon it, but you can’t be ashamed because although they may make fun of you, they are just jealous that you are one of the elite, the superior, the best… a cheerleader!” — Kacy Catanzaro
Parental Cheerleading Quotes
Parents are the most encouraging people in the world and will never leave your side in cheerleading. The relevant quotes are provided below.
21. “My mom is my biggest cheerleader.” — MJ Rodriguez
22. “My mom is my best friend and my biggest cheerleader.” — Scott Eastwood
23. “I basically became a cheerleader because I had a very strict mom. That was my way of being a bad girl.” — Sandra Bullock
24. “My dad owned a car dealership in town. My mom was the consummate volunteer and cheerleader for me.” — Gretchen Carlson
25. “I’ve been performing since I was a child; my mother would have to pull me aside and tell me that I wasn’t onstage.” — Aja Naomi King
26. “My mom was always driving me back and forth to guitar lessons growing up. She was super supportive and probably my biggest cheerleader.” — Chord Overstreet
27. “My mom was a cheerleader and had me as a teenager. I remember her giving me some pom-poms and teaching me how to do some splits when I was 3 or 4.” — Christina Milian
“My mom has been my support system from day one. Admiring the type of person she is gives me a sense of what to look for in my ideal cheerleader when the time comes.” — OMI
29. “Of course, my mom is my biggest and loudest cheerleader, and my family and friends are happy for me, but I’m still just Angie, not Angie-the-author-with-this-hyped-up-book.” — Angie Thomas
30. “My dad is a Chatty Cathy, the social butterfly; friendly; knows everybody in the whole world by six degrees; tells me that every performance is the greatest he’s ever seen, every new outfit is the coolest. Constant cheerleader.” — Taylor Swift
Cheerleading Quotes on School Memories
Cheerleading is there to brighten your memories as you think back on your school days. Enjoy reading the related quotes.
31. “I was a cheerleader in high school, but I love to play basketball.” — Naturi Naughton
32. “I thought that I wanted to be a cheerleader because I was one in middle school.” — Joan Allen
33. “I was a real loner in high school, even though people assume I was the head cheerleader.” — Kate Bosworth
34. “I was a cheerleader when I was in junior high. I didn’t make it in high school, so I started a dance line.” — Faith Ford
35. “I was a cheerleader in grammar school. There were no cheerleaders in that school I made them have them.” — Toni Basil
36. “I was the first male cheerleader of my high school; it’s very hard to embarrass me – you have to do a lot.” — Jonathan Van Ness
37. “I was involved in a bunch of school activities – I was a cheerleader, I was on the chess team, I was vice president of my class.” — Olivia Holt
38. “I look back at pictures of myself in high school, and I was a cheerleader, and I had hair just as thick if not thicker and long – down to my hips.” — Jessie James Decker
39. “I didn’t go to high school, but when I did go to school, I was actually in the group made up of cheerleaders; I just wasn’t one of them.” — Ashley Benson
40. “I was in the chorus in high school, not a soloist. I was on the basketball team; I was in modern dance, part of the group; I was a cheerleader, part of the group; I played the violin, part of the orchestra; I never wanted to be out there alone. Ever.” — Eva Marie Saint
Cheerleading Quotes on Being Cheerleader
These inspirational cheerleading quotes will give you an inside look at what it takes to be a cheerleader.
41. “There’s nothing better than being head cheerleader, let me tell you.” — Toni Basil
42. “We cheerleaders are peppy and happy and get front-row seats to the game!” — Bob Casey, Jr.
43. “My way was not to be the petite, gorgeous, little cheerleader. My way of getting by was making people laugh.” — Kristen Johnston
44. “I always wanted to be one of those cheerleader girls, and I never was that, and I was never sort of cute and perk…” — Katey Sagal
45. “I think that I’ve always represented self-empowerment, you being your best cheerleader, you always affirming yourself.” — BeBe Zahara Benet
46. “It is a special, weird thing being a cheerleader. You need to want to yell and perform, dance, and wear a cute little costume.” — Betsey Johnson
47. “Be your own cheerleader because when no one else is your fan, you have to be your own fan. I just wanted to tell people that.” — Caleb McLaughlin
48. “Back in the day, a lot of guys would make fun of me, that I would sing and dance, that I was a cheerleader. But I kept my head on straight. I had goals.” — Carlos Pena, Jr.
49. “I want to be a cheerleader for women who have never even considered running for office or being involved in a campaign, but who in the quietness of their hearts might think, ‘Why not me?’” — Marianne Williamson
50. “All the most popular and beautiful girls are cheerleaders, and I wanted that, and it demolished this vision of myself. That’s when I found the piano when music saved me; that’s when I first attempted to write my own songs.” — Paula Cole
Which One of these Cheerleading Quotes is your Favorite?
Since its inception, cheerleading has evolved a lot.
Initially, it started as a simple activity focused on encouraging the school football team on the ground.
At present, cheerleading has become a popular sport involving dedication and complex athletic skills.
Due to the unbeaten popularity of cheerleading, the quotes related to this sport are also getting a lot of attention.
The cheerleading quotes listed above are collected with a view to helping you find your favorite quote.
If you have found one, do share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to hear from you.