One Day at a Time is a sitcom that ran on Netflix and was reimagined from a 1900s version of the same show but with entirely different characters and plots.
This version follows a Cuban-American family inspired by real people who reflect personal experiences, which makes the presentation more relatable and hilarious.
Regardless of its funny delivery, this series has raised serious issues and societal concerns that should be addressed.
Enjoy these One Day At A Time TV show quotes!
One Day At A Time TV show quotes from Elena
Here are some top lines from Elena.
1. “If I’m being generous, the things they care about are the same things we care about.” — Elena
2. “It turns out people want to believe what they believe more than what is actually true.” — Elena
3. “Changing people’s minds about politics is hard. How did you think it was going to go?” — Elena
4. “You’re a rich, straight, cisgender white dude; you won at life!” — Elena
5. “You’re saying I’m going to go through my whole life without being oppressed at all?” — Elena
6. “You’re watching me parallel park and screaming, ‘WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE.’” — Elena
One Day At A Time quotes from Penelope
Learn more about the character Penelope in the following quotes.
7. “Politics and family do not mix.” — Penelope
8. “I don’t have years! There’s Cubans in an Uber right now; we still have no plan! Ugh, this is so much harder than I thought.” — Penelope
9. “It’s okay to be bad at some things. Dare to suck! It’s the first step to getting good. And if you love the fashion thing, you have to keep going back and not be afraid to be bad at it for a while. Because you’ll get better. We’re all learning. It’s a process.” — Penelope
10. “Alex, relax. You only took one class; it’s okay not to be perfect.” — Penelope
11. “Boundaries are for white people.” — Penelope
12. “So listen, I’m sorry I got so upset. But I need you to understand where I’m coming from. Money and I have never had a great relationship.” — Penelope
13. “But it’s okay for me to admit that I can still be a feminist badass and want a boyfriend.” — Penelope
14. “Actually, I’ve been talking about this in therapy, and I love being alone; it’s the best. And we’re strong women who don’t need a partner to define us.” — Penelope
15. “No matter where you hide it, kids find it. And accidents happen. And things that aren’t accidents. We have teenagers in this house; we have a gay teenager in this house; we have a veteran with PTS. This is the last house that should have a gun.” — Penelope
16. “I know what the last part sounds like, but I promise I would never do anything like that.” — Penelope
17. “You and your brother are of different shades.” — Penelope
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Firefly Lane quotes for every woman.
One Day At A Time quotes from Alex
Fans of the show will enjoy these quotes from Alex.
18. “It’s just… you know, there’s like… sex, right? And then the next thing you know, you’re married, and then you get a divorce, and then I’m a single mother struggling to have it all!” — Alex
19. “For once, can’t you just give me five hundred dollars without asking any questions?!” — Alex
20. “I thought that since Elena had a quince, obviously, I would also be getting a party to celebrate my coming of age. This being a house of gender equality and all.” — Alex
21. “I mean, everyone here is killing it! And a badass! And a strong, independent woman!” — Alex
22. “I know it’s good to save money. But maybe the first time meeting my girlfriend isn’t the right time to threaten to burn this mother down.” — Alex
23. “I can’t believe you embarrassed me in front of Nora like that. For thirteen dollars, and a brownie that the waiter definitely spit on.” — Alex
24. “I want to impress her by making her think I don’t have a crazy mother.” — Alex
25. “Why don’t you do a trial run? Like, you go to the bathroom, and Syd, you try not to file a missing persons’ report.” — Alex
Which of these One Day At A Time TV show quotes is your favorite?
The series portrays the normal everyday life of an immigrant family in America, with each character going through their own journey and issues in life.
It follows the story of Penelope, a US Army nurse veteran starting a new life with her two kids and her mother.
The engaging story can make you feel attached to the characters and may even make you want to be a part of some crazy, hilarious family that values their bond and kinship more than anything else.
Will there be another season of One Day at a Time on Netflix?
The show was canceled in 2020, but there are four seasons that you can stream and binge whenever you’re ready.
After reading these One Day At a Time TV show quotes and sayings, check out your loved ones and start small conversations that put everyone at ease.