These Deion Sanders quotes remind us why he is called Primetime.
Growing up watching Deion play professional football for the Atlanta Falcons and professional baseball for the Atlanta Braves at the same time made an entire generation believe their wild dreams were possible.
“Neon Deion” is more than a Hall of Fame athlete.
For those who have followed his career, it is well known that Sanders has always been more than an athlete when it comes to community presence and impact.
He has always reminded kids that life is more important than a salary, shoes, stats or a 40 yard dash time.
Deion has always put his integrity before his net worth when it comes to being an example for young people.
He has transcended being an elite athlete and moved on to be a championship football coach at Jackson State University.
Don’t forget to also check out these Nick Saban quotes that aren’t just for athletes.
Deion Sanders Quotes On Playing Good In Life.
1. “If you look good, you feel good, If you feel good, you play good, If you play good, they pay good.”- Deion Sanders
2. “Water covers two-thirds of the Earth. I cover the rest.”- Deion Sanders
3. “I like what I see. I think the league is heading in the proper direction.”- Deion Sanders
5. “If you don’t believe in yourself how will somebody else believe in you?”- Deion Sanders
6. “Look good, play good. Play good, eat good. Eat good, die good.” – Deion Sanders
7. “What separates us is that we expect to be great.”- Deion Sanders
8. “I was kinda scared. I thought Detroit was gonna take me. I would’ve asked them for so much money they would have to put me on layaway.”- Deion Sanders
9. “I’m married to football, baseball is my girlfriend.”- Deion Sanders
10. “I don’t care what they say about me when I’m through with sports. I don’t want to be known as anything else in life but a great father.”- Deion Sanders
11. “Time is a wonderful storyteller.” – Deion Sanders
12. “I don’t want to be specific on my role, because that will limit me. I want to touch all areas of the organization.”- Deion Sanders
13. “Whenever you make a promise, you have a responsibility to that promise.” – Deion Sanders
14. “Whenever you have to come to my house and convince me to leave my home and play football, deep down in my heart I really don’t want to play, but I really don’t want to let you down.”- Deion Sanders
15. “Right now, I’ve got to gauge my body,..You know, two-a-days are pretty tough on me professionally and athletically. I don’t feel fatigued or sore. I just want to make sure we don’t get to that point.”- Deion Sanders
Deion Sanders Quotes On Why Life Is More Than A Salary
16. “Nobody could have been doing what I’ve been doing at home for the past two months,…I’m in great condition and great shape. I feel wonderful.”- Deion Sanders
17. “It’s gonna be a lot of zeros in that contract. You gonna think it’s alphabet soup or something, all those zeros in there.”- Deion Sanders
18. “When we have public success we also have private struggles.”- Deion Sanders
19. “Fishing’s relaxing, man. Most relaxing thing in my life. It’s therapy for me. I don’t think about business… sports. All I think about is catching the next fish.”- Deion Sanders
20. “I can really fish – I’ve been fishing since I was a kid.”- Deion Sanders
21. “Your mind is everything. All the mess causes you stress starts in your head. If you’re weak it starts in your head. If your strong it starts in your head. You make a decision today to be what you wanna be.”- Deion Sanders
22. “I got my dog back, in African-American language, your dog means your passion, your fire.”- Deion Sanders
23. “I always wanted to make sure my parents didn’t have to work again for the rest of their lives.”- Deion Sanders
24. “I felt like a deer with a hundred hunters after me.”- Deion Sanders
25. “There’s no class to manage people. There’s no class to teach on how to handle millions. There’s no class to teach us how to manage time.”- Deion Sanders
26. “I would do this for free as long as you’re doing it for free.” – Deion Sanders
27. “Athletes know kids look up to them, and it’s important for athletes to be responsible.” – Deion Sanders
28. “You’ve got to want what you want more than what you got.”- Deion Sanders
29. “I don’t know the definition of a star, but whoever has that title, I think it goes beyond what they do on the field.”- Deion Sanders
30. “I expect to be great. I expect to do what hasn’t been done. I expect to provoke change.” – Deion Sanders
31. “You don’t go from a Yugo to a Benz, back to a Yugo.”- Deion Sanders
32. “I never wear the same shoe twice.”- Deion Sanders
Deion Sanders Quotes On Coaching Your Own Life
33. “Wives, girlfriends, fiancees – clean out your closets. I’m cleaning out my old bell bottoms. We can touch millions.” – Deion Sanders
34. “The recent devastation of Hurricane Katrina in the aftermath of her wrath, there has been a loss of life, property, finances, homelessness and a multitude of atrocities. The people affected by this disaster is astronomical.”- Deion Sanders
35. “Through unity, we can touch thousands. This is our backyard. We feel this.”- Deion Sanders
36. “Whenever you have to come to my house and convince me to leave my home and play football, deep down in my heart I really don’t want to play, but I really don’t want to let you down.”
37. “Sure we’re in limos. We’re stars. How else is a star supposed to travel?”- Deion Sanders
38. “Just think about the game. Think about playing great, having a great time. Helping my team win.”- Deion Sanders
39. You just know that without music, P. Diddy would still be something. Muhammad Ali was the same way. Boxing was just a platform. He would have been great in politics or something else. Your performance has to be there, but you’ve also got to be able to reach people and bring them to where you are. To make them feel you.”- Deion Sanders
40. “The thrill is gone. It’s time for me to step away.”- Deion Sanders
41. “I’m not as good as I once was, but I’m good once as I’ve ever been.”- Deion Sanders
42. “I just with the best for him, that he can somehow get it together and understand life.”- Deion Sanders
43. “You need an escape, a getaway, something to separate your mind from what is going on. Sometimes your career is about that.”- Deion Sanders
44. “I look at this as a challenge. I think all men thrive on a challenge. I love arena football. It’s exciting.”- Deion Sanders
45. “He can do anything. He’s a big-play guy. And guys like him need to be on the field and have the ball in their hands as much as they can get it.”- Deion Sanders
46. “There is no way a guy can have that much ability, and that kind of instinct, vision and burst and he shouldn’t be playing.”- Deion Sanders
47. “If I don’t like what I see, I may just have to go down there and play. You never know when I might put on a uniform.”- Deion Sanders
48. “You are what dreams are made of. You have no idea how many people are rooting for you and behind you. I’ve watched you. I’m not just jumping on your bandwagon right now. I’ve watched you play a couple games this year and you were totally dominant. With what you accomplished at the Combine, with your game film, baby, you’ve got it. You’ve got it. And I cannot wait to see you in the NFL.”- Deion Sanders
49. “I thought I came back to win a Superbowl. But I found out in the middle of last season that’s not what I came back for. I came back for these men inside the locker room. It wasn’t about playing with those guys, it was about allowing those guys to see the man behind the persona.”- Deion Sanders
50. “At this point and age in my career I’m not looking for a stage. I’m looking to teach the younger players how to be professional, how to be a man, how to be a father, how to be a friend, how to handle your finances.” – Deion Sanders
What did you learn from these Deion Sanders quotes?
Today Deion Sanders stands tall as an excellent example of what dedication to excellence looks like.
There is an old adage that suggests that by becoming a master of one thing, you master many things.
Deion took that mindset and applied it to all the aspects of life that excited him.
He allowed his passion to drive his success.
All of us have the same ability to discover our passion and tap into its energy.
Deion is all about celebrating our unique essence.
You do not have to be a world-class athlete, American icon, or championship coach to celebrate your unique skills and abilities.
Deion found success because he saw and validated his own belief in what he has to offer.
We all have aspects of our lives we are working to gain mastery over.
Find your inner Deion and remember “If you look good, you feel good, If you feel good, you play good, If you play good, they pay good.”
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Deion Sanders quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
January 27, 2022 7:00 AM EST