Fans of romantic dramas will love these Eat, Pray, Love quotes!
Eat, Pray, Love was released in 2010 as a romantic drama based on Elizabeth Gilbert’s memoir of the same name.
The movie was directed by Ryan Murphy, produced by Dede Gardner, and stars Julia Roberts, James Franco, and a collection of other talented actors.
Tell us your favorite Eat, Pray, Love quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these Eat, Pray, Love quotes?
The movie was met with mixed reviews but did well at the box office, where it grossed over $204 million against its $60 million budget.
The movie’s plot follows Elizabeth Gilbert, who has what many people dream about but is still unhappy and decides she wants a divorce from her husband of eight years.
When her husband doesn’t accept the divorce, Elizabeth moves on anyway and has an affair with a young actor.
Once her divorce is final, Elizabeth sets out on a three-point trip to Italy, India, and Bali, where she hopes to find herself.
There are a few lessons we can learn from Eat, Pray, Love, including:
- you must participate in creating your destiny
- curiosity is not something to be scared of
- embrace and be thankful for your fears
Look at these Eat Pray Love quotes to get more insight into the movie.
Best Eat, Pray, Love quotes
These quotes help tell the story from the film and book.
1. “Learn your way around loneliness.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
2. “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
3. “If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
4. “To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
5. “Do not apologize for crying. Without this emotion, we are only robots.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
Short Eat, Pray, Love quotes
These Eat, Pray, Love quotes are perfect for sharing.
6. “Some days are meant to be counted, others are meant to be weighed.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
7. “At some point, you gotta let go and sit still, and allow contentment to come to you.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
8. “Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
9. “God never slams a door in your face without opening a box of Girl Scout cookies.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
10. “We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
Lessons from Eat Pray Love quotes
Ideas, opinions, and lessons are shared throughout the film and book.
11. “I am choosing happiness over suffering.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
12. “When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains. It’s safe.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
13. “You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone oughtta be.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
14. “This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
15. “Smile with face, smile with mind, and good energy will come to you and clean away dirty energy.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
More quotes from the insightful movie
These Eat, Pray, Love quotes will challenge your thinking.
16. “Once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
17. “But never again use another person’s body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
18. “A true soulmate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet because they tear down your walls and smack you awake.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
19. “It’s easy enough to pray when you’re in distress but continuing to pray even when your crisis has passed is like a sealing process, helping your soul hold tight to its good attainment.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
20. “But a true soulmate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
Does Elizabeth find inner peace?
Did you enjoy these Eat, Pray, Love quotes?
Elizabeth learns a little about herself and life at her three stops.
By the end of the third stop, a man named Felipe shows he has feelings for her.
Elizabeth feels the same way and finds the peace she was searching for.
Please share these Eat Pray Love quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about the movie in the comment section below.