What is a vision board?
A vision board (aka dream board) is a physical representation of the reality you intend to create for yourself.
It’s a visual representation of your goals.
A vision board can be a poster splattered with pictures of all the things you want to bring into your life.
It can also be a Pinterest board, a desktop background, and there are even vision board apps where you can create a vision board on your phone.
But no matter what medium you decide to use, a vision board will be a collage of photographs that represent the life you intend to build.
Adding quotes to your vision board will deliver a little extra inspiration and motivation as you work to make your dreams a reality.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Motivational vision board quotes and affirmations
Here are examples of statements and positive affirmations you can include on your vision board to direct your focus and journey.
1. “Love is the path of least resistance.”
2. “I fully expect to achieve greatness.”
3. “I am living every day to my fullest potential.”
4. “I achieve success in every area of my life.”
5. “I celebrate each goal and success with gratitude.”
6. “Every day, I take action to achieve my goals.”
7. “My goals are in perfect alignment with my personal values.”
8. “Solving problems and creating solutions comes naturally to me.
9. “Nothing can stop me from the success I desire.”
10. “I am a powerful creator. I create the life I want and enjoy it.”
11. “Everything is always working together for my greater good.”
12. “I expect positive outcomes in everything, and I naturally attract great results.”
13. “I surround myself with successful, positive people who believe in me and want to see me succeed.”
14. “My thoughts create my reality, and so I focus on things in my life that bring me joy.”
15. “I show up every day as 100 percent myself and know that I have amazing gifts to share with others.”
Positive vision board quotes
These vision board quotes will look great on the one you are going to want to create after reading these inspirational words.
16. “Extraordinary things are always hiding in places people never think to look.” — Jodi Picoult
17. “Say something positive, and you’ll see something positive.” — Jim Thompson
18. “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” — Earl Nightingale
19. “Your focus determines your reality.” — George Lucas
20. “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt
21. “Change your thoughts, and you change your world.” — Norman Vincent Peale
22. “I dwell in possibility.” — Emily Dickinson
23. “Each day provides its own gifts.” — Marcus Aurelius
24. “Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” —Nathaniel Hawthorne
25. “You do not find the happy life. You make it.” — Thomas S. Monson
26. “Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you’re positive, good things happen.” — Deep Roy
27. “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”— Roald Dahl
28. “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
29. “Think and wonder. Wonder and think.” — Dr. Seuss
30. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” — John F. Kennedy
Inspirational vision board quotes
Find inspiration to begin dreaming and working on your vision board in the following quotes.
31. “Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” — Roy T. Bennett
32. “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more?” — Roy T. Bennett
33. “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.” — Chris Grosser
34. “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” — Jim Rohn
35. “The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.” — Steve Jobs
36. “Focus on your goals, not your fear. Focus like a laser beam on your goals.” — Roy T. Bennett
37. “A year from now, you may wish you had started today.” — Karen Lamb
38. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ” — Walt Disney
39. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” — Colin Powell
Vision board quotes to get the creative juices flowing
It can be an excellent way to use your creative muscles and destress.
40. “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the further you get.” — Michael Phelps
41. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” — Estee Lauder
42. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.” — Andrew Carnegie
43. “All successful people have a goal. No one can get anywhere unless he knows where he wants to go and what he wants to be or do.” — Norman Vincent Peale
44. “If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you.” — Les Brown
45. “Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism.” — David M. Burns
46. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” — Arthur Ashe
Vision board quotes for goal setting
Creating a vision board can help you stay motivated to push through obstacles as you pursue your goals.
47. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” —Tony Robbins
48. “A goal is not always meant to be reached. It often serves simply as something to aim at.” — Bruce Lee
49. “If you don’t know where you are going, you will probably end up somewhere else.” — Lawrence J. Peter
50. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” — Les Brown
51. “Never quit. It is the easiest cop-out in the world. Set a goal, and don’t quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don’t quit until you reach it. Never quit.” — Bear Bryant
52. “The great danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.” —Michelangelo
53. “If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time.” — Zig Ziglar
54. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C.S. Lewis
55. “When you are imagining, you might as well imagine something worthwhile.” — Lucy Maud Montgomery
More powerful vision board quotes to encourage you
As you create your vision board, make sure you tap into your personal goals and set aside the expectations of the world.
56. “The tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.” — Benjamin Mays
57. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
58. “At any given moment, you have the power to say: this is not how my story will end.” — Christine Mason Miller
59. “Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” — Lolly Daskal
60. “Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.” — Robin Sharma
62. “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” — Steve Jobs
63. “Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality. Upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.” — Stuart Scott
64. “When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.” — Steven Wright
65. “We aim above the mark to hit the mark.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Powerful Vision Board Quotes To Keep You Going
You will encounter obstacles as you work toward achieving your goals.
These quotes can help you stay motivated to keep going.
66. “You don’t drown by falling in water; you drown by staying there.” ― Robert Collier
67. “For every reason it’s not possible, there are hundreds of people who have faced the same circumstances and succeeded.” ― Jack Canfield
68. “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” ― Joshua J. Marine
69. “I never lose. Either I win or learn.” ― Nelson Mandela
70. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. Time will pass anyway.” ― Earl Nightingale
71. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” ― Alice Walker
72. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” ― Vince Lombardi
73. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” ― Margaret Thatcher
74. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” ― Thomas Edison
75. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” ― Og Mandino
Vision Board Quotes That Make You Want To Do Better
These quotes will help you with continuous improvement.
76. “Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” ― Francis Chan
77. “Impossible is just an opinion.” ― Paulo Coelho
78. “Imagine Your Life Is Perfect In Every Respect; What Would It Look Like?” ― Brian Tracy
79. “I would rather die of passion than of boredom.” ― Vincent van Gogh
80. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” ― W. Clement Stone
81. “If your dreams don’t scare you, they are too small.” ― Richard Branson
82. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.” ― Anatole France
83. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” ― Paulo Coelho
84. “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
85. “Success comes from having dreams that are bigger than your fears.” ― Bobby Unser
Do vision boards really work?
Many of the world’s leading personal development thinkers agree — vision boards are an essential tool in your success kit.
Oprah Winfrey, Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, and Reese Witherspoon all say vision boards are amazingly helpful in helping you reach your goals and dreams.
But how do vision boards work?
A vision board is another way of putting your dreams on paper.
Numerous studies have already shown how powerful writing your goals down can be.
Creating a visual representation of your dreams and seeing it every day is even more powerful.
Seeing a visual representation of your dreams is not only more motivating, but it can cause an emotional response in the brain that results in more confidence and a deeper belief in yourself and your ability to achieve your goals.
Did these vision board quotes and sayings inspire you to create your own vision board?
Which vision board quote was your favorite?
Let us know in the comments below!
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Ready to get inspired and uplifted? These words of wisdom are here for you, friend!
Keeping a motivated mind requires food for thought, and these motivational one-liners are the perfect snack.
You are never too old, poor, young, or sick to live your dreams.
Discover why hard work beats talent and why it’s the sustaining factor that will push you to the top of the heap and keep you there!
Check out these related quote articles:
These dream big quotes will provide you with the motivation you need to pursue all that awaits you.
Explore a collection of uplifting and motivational phrases to brighten your day and inspire positivity.
Our favorite quotes for motivation and inspiration in both love and life. Enjoy these love quotes and of course life quotes to inspire you every single day.
These letter board quotes will help you find the next great saying for your letter board.