This George Washington Carver quotes collection will inspire you to rise above the paralyzing conditions of circumstance.
George Washington Carver was an American agricultural scientist and inventor who is best known for the many uses he devised for the peanut.
His work helped poor farmers vary their crops and improve their quality of life.
Carver was born some time in the early-mid 1860s into slavery in Diamond, Missouri, during the Civil War years.
Like most children of slaves, the exact date of his birth is uncertain and was not known to Carver.
Besides his work to improve the lives of farmers, Carver was also a teacher at the Tuskegee Institute and a leader in promoting environmentalism.
George Washington Carver died on January 5, 1943, after falling down the stairs at his home.
He left behind an enduring legacy as an icon of African-American achievement.
Although he was born into slavery, Carver rose to become one of the most prominent scientists and inventors of his time.
In his respect, below is our collection of wise and inspirational George Washington Carver quotes, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about education.
George Washington Carver quotes praising education and invention
1. “When you can do the common things of life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.” – George Washington Carver
2. “Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.” – George Washington Carver
3. “How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.” – George Washington Carver
4. “No individual has any right to come into the world and go out of it without leaving behind him distinct and legitimate reasons for having passed through it.” – George Washington Carver
5. “It is simply service that measures success.” – George Washington Carver
6. “Since new developments are the products of a creative mind, we must therefore stimulate and encourage that type of mind in every way possible.” – George Washington Carver
7. “I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.” – George Washington Carver
8. “Start where you are, with what you have. Make something of it and never be satisfied.” – George Washington Carver
9. “Anything will give up its secrets if you love it enough. Not only have I found that when I talk to the little flower or to the little peanut they will give up their secrets, but I have found that when I silently commune with people, they give up their secrets also – if you love them enough.” – George Washington Carver
10. “God is going to reveal to us things He never revealed before if we put our hands in His. No books ever go into my laboratory. The thing I am to do and the way of doing it are revealed to me. I never have to grope for methods. The method is revealed to me the moment I am inspired to create something new. Without God to draw aside the curtain I would be helpless.” – George Washington Carver
George Washington Carver quotes on education and dreams
11. “Most people search high and wide for the key to success. If they only knew, the key to their dreams lies within.” – George Washington Carver
12. “Education, in the broadest of truest sense, will make an individual seek to help all people, regardless of race, regardless of color, regardless of condition.” – George Washington Carver
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of education quotes about learning and success.
13. “There is no short cut to achievement. Life requires thorough preparation – veneer isn’t worth anything.” – George Washington Carver
14. “One of the things that has helped me as much as any other is not how long I am going to live, but how much I can do while living.” – George Washington Carver
15. “I know of nothing more inspiring than that of making discoveries for one’s self.” – George Washington Carver
16. “One reason I never patent my products is that if I did it would take so much time; I would get nothing else done. But mainly I don’t want my discoveries to benefit specific favored persons.” – George Washington Carver
17. “Where there is no vision, there is no hope.” – George Washington Carver
18. “Young people, I want to beg of you always keep your eyes open to what Mother Nature has to teach you. By so doing you will learn many valuable things every day of your life.” – George Washington Carver
19. “Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses. – George Washington Carver
20. Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater. Keep your thoughts free from hate, and you need have no fear from those who hate you.” – George Washington Carver
More George Washington Carver quotes
21. “Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the wrong. Sometime in life you will have been all of these.” – George Washington Carver
22. “When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.” – George Washington Carver
23. “Ninety-nine percent of all failures come from people who have a habit of making excuses.” – George Washington Carver
24. “Learn to do common things uncommonly well; we must always keep in mind that anything that helps fill the dinner pail is valuable.” – George Washington Carver
25. “Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books.” – George Washington Carver
Which of these George Washington Carver quotes was your favorite?
George Washington Carver will always be remembered for the important agricultural discoveries and inventions he made.
Though he was born into the most unfortunate and difficult of circumstances, Carver is widely recognized and praised for his many achievements and talents.
Hopefully, the above quotes will inspire you to keep fighting for your dreams regardless of circumstance.
Did you enjoy these George Washington Carver quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.