Haters Quotes That Will Help You Deal With the Sting of Their Words
February 24, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These haters quotes make the case for ignoring your hater or using their words to recognize how far you have come and gone even further.
Haters are such an interesting part of any success story.
If you have reached a point in your endeavors where people are taking notice, you have likely encountered your first hater.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Research from the University of Kentucky has shown that ignoring haters’ harassment can be an effective coping strategy, as it can reduce the emotional impact of negative comments.
Haters’ quotes may help individuals feel less hurt by hurtful comments from haters and be less likely to experience negative emotions.
Who is a hater?
This is not the same as someone who offers you constructive feedback or critiques your work so it can be better.
A hater is someone who comes out of nowhere, with what feels like a singular purpose—tearing you down.
It can be incredibly frustrating the first time you encounter a hater, and you might ask yourself what you should do now!
People become haters for many reasons, and these quotes shed insight into why they are the way they are.
It is not about you, so don’t take it personally.
Keep reading through these haters quotes to find out what to do about your haters.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Haters gonna hate quotes explaining why you should ignore them
A study by the University of California, Santa Cruz, found that individuals who could distance themselves from negative comments from haters mentally were less likely to experience negative emotions.
Hater quotes help to view the comments as separate from yourself and may equip you to ignore the negativity and move on.
1. “I don’t have time, energy, or interest in hating the haters; I’m too busy loving the lovers.” ― Steve Maraboli
You will also enjoy our article on hurt quotes.
2. “We can’t control the filters that others choose when they look at us.” ― Rachel Wolchin
You will also enjoy our article on be listening quotes.
3. “It’s not your job to like me—it’s mine.” ― Byron Katie
You will also enjoy our article on hate quotes.
4. “Haters are the people who will broadcast your failures and whisper your success.” ― Will Smith
You will also enjoy our article on fake friends quotes.
5. “Insecure people put others down to raise themselves up.” ― Habeeb Akande
You will also enjoy our article on criticism quotes.
6. “Be who you want to be and not care about what others think.” ― Andrew Biersack
You will also enjoy our article on disappointment quotes 2.
7. “Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain… and most do.” ― Dale Carnegie
You will also enjoy our article on congratulations on your first hater.
8. “Learn to use the criticism as fuel and you will never run out of energy.” ― Orrin Woodward
You will also enjoy our article on jealousy quotes.
9. “Haters may push you but determination will give you the keys to drive.” ― Gee Linder
You will also enjoy our article on rumor quotes.
10. “Often those that criticize others reveal what he himself lacks.” ― Shannon L. Alder
You will also enjoy our article on petty quotes.
Haters quotes about jealousy
Researchers at the University of Texas at Austin found that responding to haters can often escalate the situation, leading to more harassment.
Engaging with negative comments may encourage the hater to continue their behavior, leading to a cycle of harassment and negativity.
11. “The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them.” ― Criss Jami
You will also enjoy our article on motivational sports quotes.
12. “Hate hurts the hater more’n the hated.” ― Madeleine L’Engle
You will also enjoy our article on nba youngboy quotes.
13. “Isn’t it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up?” ― Sean Covey
You will also enjoy our article on bad bitch quotes.
14. “I don’t worry about the haters… They are just angry because the truth I speak contradicts the lie they live.” ― Steve Maraboli
You will also enjoy our article on hustle quotes.
15. “Let go of the people who dull your shine, poison your spirit, and bring you drama. Cancel your subscription to their issues.” ― Dr. Steve Maraboli
You will also enjoy our article on brene brown quotes.
16. “Remember that only God can judge us; forget the haters, because Somebody loves you.” ― Miley Cyrus
You will also enjoy our article on eminem quotes.
17. “Don’t let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out.” ― Robert Tew
You will also enjoy our article on spy quotes.
18. “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions.” ― Will Smith
You will also enjoy our article on toxic people quotes.
19. “I think that everybody wants to be heard, and the easiest way to be the loudest is to be the hater.” ― Tavi Gevinson
You will also enjoy our article on insecurity quotes.
20. “They don’t hate you. They hate themselves and take it out on you. There’s a difference.” ― Ritu Ghatourey
You will also enjoy our article on 10 things i hate about you quotes.
Positive haters quotes that prove they can help you grow
21. “Hate is a lack of imagination.” ― Graham Greene
22. “Hate is… It’s too easy. Love. Love takes courage.” ― Hannah Harrington
23. “From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.” ― Socrates
24. “Haters don’t hate you… The reality is, they fear that they will never be able to get to where you are right now.” ― Leah Remillet
25. “Behind every successful person lies a pack of Haters! I love my haters!” ― Gloria Tesch
26. “Haters are my favorite. I’ve built an empire with the bricks they’ve thrown at me. Keep on hating.” ― C.M. Punk
27. “There will always be haters. And the more you grow, the more they hate; the more they hate the more you grow.” ― Anthony Liccione
28. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” ― Steve Martin
29. “Wish all your enemies a long life, so they can see you succeed in life.” ― Nishan Panwar
30. “Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.” ― George Washington Carver
Haters quotes about hating and its effects
31. “Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” ― Coretta Scott King
32. “The best way to counter-attack a hater is to make it blatantly obvious that their attack has had no impact on you.” ― Timothy Ferris
33. “No matter how good you are, someone is always going to be against you. But never let them be the limit of your success.” ― Terry Mark
34. “People who hate you because of a mere jealousy over your success hurt themselves in disguise. This is because you carry an image of who they wish they had become. Don’t hate them back because they may also become like you one day and it will mean hurting that image you carry!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
35. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr.
36. “A haters job is to hate you, and they stay on their job 24/7. So, if you’re expecting them to clock out, and leave you alone think again.” ― Sonya Parker
Haters quotes and sayings about who they are and what they feel
37. “The hated man is the result of his hater’s pride rather than his hater’s conscience.” ― Criss Jami
38. “Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.” ― Nishan Panwar
39. “Haters and bullies are always cowards, you know. They like to pick on little guys.” ― Scylar Tyberius
40. “Expect while reaching for the stars, people to whirl by with their dark clouds and storm upon you.” ― Anthony Liccione
41. “Most haters are stuck in a poisonous mental prison of jealousy and self-doubt that blinds them to their own potentiality.” ― Dr. Steve Maraboli
More haters quotes to ponder on
42. “Save your skin from the corrosive acids from the mouths of toxic people. Someone who just helped you to speak evil about another person can later help another person to speak evil about you.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
43. “Don’t think that just because you made it to the next level that the haters and naysayers disappear. Remember, new levels bring new devils.” ― Dr. Steve Maraboli
44. “I think people are just haters. When they see people doing well, some people, if there’s something wrong, they’ll pick at that.” ― Alana Blanchard
45. “I don’t chase after anyone, if you wanna walk out of my life, then I’ll hold the fucking door open for you.” ― Wiz Khalifa
46. “Protect your good image from the eyes of negative viewers, who may look at your good appearance with an ugly fiendish eye, and ruin your positive qualities with their chemical infested tongues.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
47. “Those who pray for your downfall are concentrating negative thoughts towards you, without taking cognisance of the slippery ground in which they are standing, which could lead to their downfall.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
48. “The moment you have to recruit people to put another person down, in order to convince someone of your value is the day you dishonor your children, your parents and your God. If someone doesn’t see your worth the problem is them, not people outside your relationship.” ― Shannon L. Alder
49. “Haters are my favorite. I´ve built an empire with the bricks they´ve thrown at me. Keep on hating…” ― CM Punk
50. “(To the haters) You are not extinguishing the bright lights of mankind, you’re simply burying yourself in an unmarked grave.” ― Stefan Molyneux
51. “Don’t think for one minute that you are any less worthy of love and peace and harmony just because of all the hate spewed by human devils. Because that is what those haters are, you know, devils!” ― Scylar Tyberius
Haters quotes that are loaded with wisdom
52.“When we don’t know who to hate, we hate ourselves.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
53. “I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.” ― James Baldwin
54. “In time we hate that which we often fear.” ― William Shakespeare
55. “It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.” ― Confucius
56. “Hate can be a deeply stimulating emotion. The world becomes easier to understand and much less terrifying if you divide everything and everyone into friends and enemies, we and they, good and evil.” ― Fredrik Backman
57. “Most hatred is based on fear, one way or another. Yeah. I wrapped myself in anger, with a dash of hate, and at the bottom of it all was an icy center of pure terror.” ― Laurell K. Hamilton
58. “The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
59. “Haters teach you to be grateful for the people you love, hard times teach you to be grateful for the times that are good, and God, well God teaches you everything you need to know.” ― Carniel Dunlop
60. “People who project negativity typically have low self-esteem. They feel badly about themselves, and their negativity is simply a reflection of those feelings.” ― Hendrie Weisinger
61. “Having haters is just a part of the business, and the more haters you have, the more people like you—that’s how I view it because I try to see the positive in things.” ― Nick Jonas
62. “Respect your haters, they’re the ones who think you’re better than them.” ― Unknown
63. “Pride attracts more haters and brings less friends.” ― Unknown
64. “Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim.” ― Unknown
65. “Haters, like parrots, talk much but cannot fly. Dreamers, like eagles, say nothing but conquer the skies.” ― Unknown
66. “I treat my haters like AM radio, I just don’t listen to them.” ― Unknown
67. “Some people have so little going on in their lives, they would rather discuss yours.” ― Unknown
68. “Remember, people only rain on your parade because they’re jealous of your sun and tired of their shade.” ― Unknown
69. “Being judged by others means that you’re that important that they have the time to think about you and talk about you.” ― Unknown
70. “Hating is the sincerest form of flattery. ” ― Unknown
Haters Quotes To Inspire You To Keep Going Despite The Hate
71. “Don’t give anyone the power to put you down. Haters are losers pretending to be winners.” ― Paulo Coelho
72. “Normally, I try not to pay attention to my haters, but this time I’d like to talk about it, because my haters are my motivators.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
73. “Never mind what haters say, ignore them ’til they fade away.” ― T.I.
74 “People that are obsessed with hating you, feel flattered. Their whole lives revolve around you.” ― Lady Gaga
75. “Give the haters another reason to hate!!” ― Lilly Ghalichi
76. “Behind every successful person lies a pack of haters.” ― Eminem
77. “My mom always said that there would be haters. Not everyone can love ya.” ― Joel Madden
78. “Haters only hate things they can’t have and the people they can’t be. It’s just a little thing called jealousy.” ― Lil Wayne
79. “Haters never win. I just think that’s true about life, because negative energy always costs in the end.” ― Tom Hiddleston
80. “I only feel sorry for weak people. And mostly what I’ve come to find is that the weak people are the ones that are the haters.” ― R. Kelly
Short Haters Quotes to Live With Them
81. “Haters keep on hating, cause somebody’s gotta do it.” — Chris Brown
82. “All haters are losers, even when they win.” — Paulo Coelho
83. “Started off local, but thanks to all the haters, I know G4 pilots on a first-name basis.” — Drake
84. “The haters always scream the loudest.” — Tucker Max
85. “I don’t care what the haters and naysayers say. If they make jokes about me, I’ll laugh because they’ll probably be funny.” — Paula Deen
86. “Behind every successful person lies a pack of haters.” — Eminem
87. “They just give me head while the haters give me promo.” — Drake
88. “I’m not really concerned with trying to turn haters into believers.” — Kreayshawn
89. “I can’t relate to these haters, my enemies never made it.” — Drake
90. “Believe in yourself and don’t care about haters.” — Perrie Edwards
Haters Quotes To Help You Ignore Them
91. “Haters are just confused admirers because they can’t figure out the reason why everyone loves you.” ― Jeffree Star
92. “The best way to torture haters is with your happiness. There’s nothing people hate more than seeing you be successful.” ― Anurag Prakash Ray
93. “Nations have come under the control of haters and fools.” ― Carroll O’Connor
94. “There will be haters, there will be doubters, there will be non-believers, and then there will be you, proving them wrong.” ― Karina Barton
95. “Haters are like crickets. Crickets make a lot of noise, you hear it but you can’t see them, then right when you walk by them, they’re quiet.” ― Israel Houghton
96. “To anyone that ever told you you’re no good, they’re no better.” ― Hayley Williams
97. “They’re [haters] just building you up to knock you down. But for me, they haven’t.” ― Taylor Swift
98. “When you’re blessed, the haters come out. When you wear God’s blessings well, don’t be surprised if it draws jealousy out on people.” ― Joel Osteen
99. “To all the haters out there I wish you the best. You can’t bring me down. I wake up everyday grateful for the opportunity and grateful to the fans.” ― Justin Bieber
100. “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” ― Will Smith
What did you learn from these haters quotes?
I remember when I encountered my first real hater.
I had just written a vulnerable piece that was my attempt at seeing my traumatic childhood through the eyes of my mother.
It was raw, poignant, and enlightening for me.
I felt it would be helpful to others who were trying to process their trauma.
Then this woman, who didn’t read the article, came at me from many angles.
I wanted to cry, but my skin had gotten thicker by this point (writing will do that to you!). Instead, I reached out to a mentor who wanted to help me grow.
I told Jeff Moore, CEO of Everyday Power, that her words had hit a nerve and I was hurt and angry.
He told me, “It stings because it is new, not true.”
This is such a brilliant piece of truth.
Nothing about her comment was true, this was just the first time someone had felt so strongly about my words that they couldn’t stop their reaction.
That has always been my goal, to elicit an emotional response from my reader, I just hadn’t expected that one.
Jeff followed that up with, “We think we want more fans, but what we need is more haters!
Congrats!” You can read more about why having your first hater is a congratulatory moment in this article.
Before you go though, feel free to share the story about your first hater in the comment section below.
Don’t forget to also mention any other favorite haters quotes and sayings.